missmuffet

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  2

Its all in thoughts and the thoughts programmed into you. Then, when you dont clear them the evil uses it to build strongholds so you cant get free. So clear out, find the roots and the programming, who said what when and contradict those thoughts with the opposite as it cant stay, when the light exposes the truth.  If you accept you cant forgive, or that its natural to be like that, you cant change. When its not how God is, that shows you, its not natural. Its a lie from the evil. 

Guest BacKaran

Thanks HU

Its all in thoughts and the thoughts programmed into you.

†*********************

YOU don't have to follow the same old script, You can change it! Don't react, prepare yourself before hand what to say in any situation. I changed my reaction to my siblings who are stuck in the Roman Catholic family dynamic, and they don't know what to think or do with me now so they stay away.

also, my daughter lost my bank card on the way to the store to get groceries for me, I called the bank and someone bought has at a gas station across the street from the store so my daughter must have lost the card on her way into the store. So the thief spent $12 on gas, any amount under $25 and one doesn't need to sign for the transaction.... Disappointed, yes, holding a grudge no, pagans do what pagans do... Steal, fraud, lie and cheat. My daughter apologized and I said don't worry, I'll put a block on the card and have the bank mail me a new one. Considering the thief could have spent more, I take this loss in stride. It's only happened once in my 55+years so, not a bad track record after all is said and done, right? And besides, the thief is stealing from God, not me.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

1 hour ago, Heavenunlimited said:

Its all in thoughts and the thoughts programmed into you. Then, when you dont clear them the evil uses it to build strongholds so you cant get free. So clear out, find the roots and the programming, who said what when and contradict those thoughts with the opposite as it cant stay, when the light exposes the truth.  If you accept you cant forgive, or that its natural to be like that, you cant change. When its not how God is, that shows you, its not natural. Its a lie from the evil. 

Yes, this is exactly what I meant. To change starts with your thoughts, realizing what you are doing and how you wish to be. And we know it's not of God to hold grudges.

I admit that once I become angry it takes me awhile to get rid of the anger. Some people can do it in 1 hour or less I usually need 5 or 6 hours. But then I get rid of it.

I congratulate you BacKaran that's a very mature response and 1 that I wish everyone would take.

And the more you do it, the more God will work with you and clear away any strongholds. But dont stop the work, its ongoing, especially in these days. If we have bad childhood, bad experiences where we are weak, enemy can come in there. He can oppress. So keep on cleaning :)  lay it in front of God.  

Thats right, theres no need to be upset. Its programmed into you that you HAVE to react. No you dont. You can process your emotions in a healthy way, as you just did. You acknowledge them, look at them, deal with your feelings, decide how you want to react, maybe further processing and out. Most get stuck in reaction. Soon the process gets so smooth then youll see it was actually you that were stuck :)  then, you can work with the rest :)   Its especially useful,when it comes to judgment and forcing others to behave MY way or the highway. 

Guest BacKaran

Good words of fellowship, thanks everyone.

I'm applying the changed script to myself as I am obese. I do not need to eat when emotions run high or low! I need to change my response to food.

Just because parents said eat all on your plate, children are starving in the world, I need to be thankful to God and eat just what nourishes my body as I pray and donate to those who are starving. 

I have to lose alot of weight so please pray for me. I will want to honor God with the temple He gave me and be able to be healthy to go out and witness with believers again!

Good conversation! ?

You can do it sister :)  its never too late. How about joining a slimming club or so? Or maybe have a friend follow you for walks? 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

2 hours ago, BacKaran said:

Good words of fellowship, thanks everyone.

I'm applying the changed script to myself as I am obese. I do not need to eat when emotions run high or low! I need to change my response to food.

Just because parents said eat all on your plate, children are starving in the world, I need to be thankful to God and eat just what nourishes my body as I pray and donate to those who are starving. 

I have to lose alot of weight so please pray for me. I will want to honor God with the temple He gave me and be able to be healthy to go out and witness with believers again!

Good conversation! ?

I came from an Italian family where food was equated with love. To make matters worse why my father didn't care how fat he was. At 15 me and my mother went on a strict diet but he wouldn't join us. That didn't help our little 3 person family. I'm now grown up but still somewhat over weight. I have a thin cousin who just wanted to know why I didn't eat breakfast. Btw, I never eat breakfast. Here is what I learned. If I'm not hungry don't eat. However, there are times I ate out of boredom or depression. Sometimes I eat to stay awake and finish watching some dumb TV show. I have to fight against those behaviors. Even though I'm 64 and past trying to attract anyone I like looking in the mirror and seeing less of me. Over eating is actually a sin. The Catholics consider it a deadly sin but it's in the Bible as being a sin. It's also not taking care of the body. But mostly I like myself better when my pants fit. Try to not eat unless you're hungry and try to stop when you're full. People like us tend to eat until we're about to burst.

I agree with you, jtc :)  oh love has no age, remmember ..

I have a long story of being bullied for being overweight, ever since I was three years old to adulthood by my own dyafunctional family(mother and brother mainly) and by my whole school class and school as a result, which followed me to everyone nearly I met outside school, as it was a village I grew up in with only sixthousand citizens at that point. But I know it happens to anyone, everywhere, the pattern is the same. This village was pretty nasty for it though.  So even though I was normal weight, sometime just a bit chubby as children naturally can be, but nothing to worry about. I can see that clearly from pictures. I was early developed and big boned. It didnt sit well with them. As they were smaller in stature. Then I gained weight, not overly, just chubby, because of the treatment and the unhealthy food I was fed. Rarely a salad, if there was, it was tiny. And with that the you have to eat everything up attitude. Its first now, as my stomach got problems and i cant eat that much, its naturally shrimped and Im simply not hungry as I was and stop even before Im full. Now I eat normal sizes even under it. Not that I hoarded before, just a little larger portions thats all. But Ive eat alot of snacks, mainly loneliness and problems. Then added by I dont loose weight just like that. I need hard aerobic to ever loose some. If its under that, I only maintain. I dont loose. Its been like that on my mothers side of the family forever. My uncle, a christian man, hes dead now but he helped as good he could with how they treated me and because of him we went to vacations and the beach. RIP, Roland! See you in heaven ! :)   But he was very large,weigh over 200 kg. he played football as young, then he couldnt stop eating. Dont know why, maybe it was the hardness and harshness from home. (My grandpa regret told me before he died, I think they both believed, him and my grandma, as it was more of the norm back then you go to church, and another uncle is still christian so I had wonderful contact with my grandpa before he died, so I hope to see them) but he was large and got diabetes from it and the foot qot infection, which spread, ending in wheelchair and from there.. Dead.  But hes with The Lord!!! :)  

anyway, I dont eat much anymore, the only I have to break is eating crisps and so forth as comfort when its time off.  Ive gone down on that incredibly from what I used to. I also need to eat more healthy. Im trying, it goes up and down, I cook alot, I have my illnesses and especially my cronic fatique is preventing me my whole life doing what I want to, im tired like an old woman. Thats not just ..you know, that started when I was abused,child abuse. I simply dont have as much energy as normal people. For every aerobic pass Ive ever done, I had to rest four days. A full days work and the rest forget Im done. And I mean done. Im bedridden all of a sudden weak of fatique. Then normal. Some days are worse than others.  Its called CFS, cronic fatique. Then Ive developed diabetes type two recently.  I have asthma from a bronchitial infeciton and i get infections and viral with my throat veryy easily. Cant take any draft. None. So, The lord and me have something to work on, and Im not obese just overweight, currently size 18 uk. 18/20 depending on what part of my body as Im pearshaped :) The lord is good Hes helped me finally accept myself. And love myself as I am. Its worked on for years. Ive met good friends though, that helped. I believe with the help of The Lord I can get even more normal sized and get rid of my illnesses. I intend to start eat more salads, i love salads, could live on them, and add chicken and stuff and go from there. Ive noticed that I loose easier if its organic. And more full. The usual dont have that kinda results. Its gonna be hard though with working full time and try exercise, I get a lot of exercise through work but its the stressful one. Im exhausted when I get home theres nothing in me, and Im overworked eight days a row, when I go to bed I just lay there and feel Im gonna die if I work more.  So, my fatique and how they treat me..is gonna be tough. 

Also, you say you dont have to shape your looks as youre too old for the market, brother thats a sad way of see yourself, youre worth more than that. Despite age, love doesnt come in looks. There are plenty of people that managed find love thats not a model. That say that its not in tbe outside. And who wants someone that looks on others that way?  Even if I looked like a model, I wouldnt want someone that just valued me for my looks. Or even chosed me in tbe first place because of it. I know the world does it, but real christians are not that way.  Sure, honor God with your body, do the best, but except from that..no. Many have said to me I look attractive when I was slimmer, and I know, but its just not what I go up in. I do love fashion, clothes etc like any woman mostly but out of that no. (By the way, would never dress 'for someone' or for attention)  its sad, in my past, my childhood etc, Ive never measured up, I wouldnt measured up, even if Ive been a model Im sure of it!  These days, Im tired of it, and had enough. The Lord finally got me to the point of self acceptance and self love. That was long!

Guest BacKaran

Great responses! 

I love salads but I don't like vinegar or dressings. I'm into taco salad, fruit and nut salad.. I'm so picky on the veggies I suck usually to spinach not brussel sprouts.

Anyway, let's keep on checking in to see how we are doing, OK?

Be well,

Karan ?