• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

14 hours ago, gdemoss said:

I might have a 'cut' on my arm because I was 'cut'.  First is a noun and second a verb.

Sin is what sin does and what sin does bears the name of sin.

Adam was the son of God but when he ate the fruit sin entered Adam and Adam became sin.

Through Jesus being absolutely righteous he would be labeled sin and rejected as sin by sinners and be sacrificed unto God as such.  To the sinner Jesus is sin but unto us who believe he is the express image of the living God in human flesh.  We judge him worthy of life as King and lay down our lives presenting our bodies as living sacrifices that Christ may reconcile yet others unto himself.

The Devil is Sin.  His fruit is Death.  

A homosexual is what a homosexual is and does what a homosexual does.  According to Paul that can become past tense.  They can be washed and made clean.

I am so sorry . In my own stupidity I somehow overlooked you post here. I'm still shaking my head how I could have not seen it. I am so sorry, please forgive me. I agree with you in this.  Sin is heriditary and we carry it around with us and give the curse down to our children . Thank you.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

17 hours ago, Churchmouse said:

...In my own stupidity I somehow overlooked you post here. I'm still shaking my head how I...

Brother!  No need to judge yourself so harsh.  We have one who judges us.  Let us let him do that :)

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,581
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

On 2/24/2017 at 9:55 AM, woundeddog said:

some gay people say I am not accountable for my sexual proclivity, I was born this way~~~~ okay you were, but Jesus says we must be born again-- so you are accountable because there is a way out if a person wants it--- ~~~ Sin is a noun, it names an activity,  Sinning is a verb, it is the action of participating in a sin

Shalom, woundeddog.

One's "proclivity" may be for a lot of things that will get one into trouble. For instance, one may have a weakness for alcohol while another might not. The one that doesn't have the proclivity for alcohol will never be so tempted. The one who does will have to guard himself or herself from the temptation so that he or she doesn't fall into becoming an alcoholic, with all the problems that go along with that "lifestyle."

One who has the tendency to become a smoker should never start in the first place. However, hindsight is 20-20. Some get started because it is the "cool" thing to do; others get started trying to calm their nerves. For whatever reason, once one starts down that road, nicotine addition is a very real and a very strong compulsion. My son is a smoker who is trying to stop for his children's sake. I commend him for his efforts, but I can see that it is a VERY hard habit to break.

I really don't think it matters whether a gay person has the sexual proclivity to be gay or not. Some say that it is a learned trait that is not natural; others say that they are born with it. In either case, it is a prohibited in God's economy. It really makes no sense since sexual activity is meant primarily for procreation, which is not genetically possible between gays of either gender. Whether the temptation is learned or the temptation is innate, one needs to avoid it like the alcoholic needs to avoid alcohol consumption.

1 Corinthians 6:9-12
9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators (guys and gals who sleep around), nor idolaters, nor adulterers (guys and gals who cheat on their spouses), nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous (ambitious for money), nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
11 And such WERE some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.
12 All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient (advantageous; useful): all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.
KJV

If someone feels he or she was born with the sexual proclivity to be homosexual, he or she just needs to be extra cautious against that tendency, just like someone who is born with the thirst for alcohol needs to be diligent to abstain from drinking alcohol.