• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  713
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

13 hours ago, warrior12 said:

"Watch this". "Listen, Listen", are two phrases you would hear often in his sermons.  Mr. Charles Stanley is a solid pastor and Bible teacher.    When i was going through some very trying time of spiritual warfare, with no one to turn to really, his sermons were a blessing and comfort and encouragement to press on.  Yes, he had some trials in his life too, but he is still in this sinful world like we are and the devil is not a respecter of any person and will tempt and bring  aggravations to try us.  

One distinctive trait you will hear him mention in his sermons is his mother who he heaped praises for guiding him in his early years. His father was not in his life, i forgot why.  He will often show how a Godly mother persistent prayer and teaching him the right way of walking with the Lord was a blessing to his life and would pass that teachings on to his listeners.    For the naysayers, why not listen to a few of his sermons and come back with a report.   

I use to look forward every Sunday for his weekly sermon and his sermon would hit home.   He would also hold and read the Bible from his hand and not use the pulpit for the entire service, that must have been very tiring, but he did it.  Now  that he is old, he uses the pulpit.  May God bless Mr. Stanley and his ministry.  

I agree with Onelight . Every pastor will preach what he interprets the Bible to mean to him and for sure, there will always be some who would not disagree with those interpretations. 

It is a notable phrase he uses in his sermons. And yet, it perks the listener to pay stricter attention. "LISTEN" 

Listen. 

Hearing that word gets our attention. Maybe Dr.Stanley knows people can be lulled by a sermon. So he says,listen, in order to garner peoples attention to a forthcoming synopsis of all he just said. That's the other thing I've noticed about his sermons. Right after he asks listeners to listen he retells everything he just spoke about in a very short phrase. That includes scripture to support it. 

I like him. He takes getting use to for that listen command but I find if I'm in the mood of patience and open to hearing something from God that day I will listen. And I won't be so pricked by certain repeat phrases that he incorporates into his sermon. 

12 hours ago, Yowm said:

I don't watch or listen to too much radio/tv teachers, perhaps Adrian Rogers is one of my 'better' picks.

Sounds intriguing. I've never heard of them. Would any one of you consider opening your own thread here so positive things can be discussed concerning Mr.Rogers ministry? :) This way we can all respect the original member who invited us all to speak of Dr. Stanley that way. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

48 minutes ago, Redemption79 said:

the response was towards MissMuffet's confusing assertion that if one got one thing wrong (as I understood it), one is a false prophet? but when I said, well by that definition, Charles Stanley is one, all of the sudden, she disagrees

maybe you should get the context straight before you make assertion about what i meant.

I fully understood what you were saying and if you read my response from a the point of not attacking you, you will see it.

God Bless ... OneLight

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

18 hours ago, Jewels7 said:

Charles Stanley is not a false teacher. This thread was started not to go down the road of that one that is in Controversial topics forum wherein those accusations against Charles Stanley are published. 
I think if someone insists on calling Dr.Stanley a false teacher they should go there and do so. Because that is on topic. This thread topic is just the opposite. 

I think the point attempted to be made by several was that while many point out false teachers if they say one word that is out of line with scripture, yet they defend certain teachers as not being false teachers even though quotes are provided they have gone against scripture.  I think the important thing here is to be careful in applying labels and maybe show a little grace towards those who do not fully agree with you.  

36 minutes ago, hmbld said:

I think the point attempted to be made by several was that while many point out false teachers if they say one word that is out of line with scripture, yet they defend certain teachers as not being false teachers even though quotes are provided they have gone against scripture.  I think the important thing here is to be careful in applying labels and maybe show a little grace towards those who do not fully agree with you.  

Grace shows respect for the Terms of Service and the member who began this thread to invite cordial respectful discussions about the positive attributes of Dr.Stanley's ministry. 

Remaining on topic is part of those terms. Respect follows rules. Those who insist on talking about false teachers are free to start their own thread and invite like minded discussion there so that the topic is addressed and the personal that in this threads case was warned to stop can.  

Edited by Jewels7

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

2 minutes ago, Jewels7 said:

Grace shows respect for the Terms of Service and the member who began this thread to invite cordial respectful discussions about the positive attributes of Dr.Stanley's ministry. 

Remaining on topic is part of those terms. Respect follows rules. Those who insist on talking about false teachers are free to start their own thread and invite like minded discussion there so that the topic is addressed and the personal that in this threads case was warned to stop can.  

Thanks for your reply, I think maybe I'm confused as to what is being said about the OP, as the OP only stated Stanley is not a false teacher, which merely leads to a discussion.  

4 minutes ago, hmbld said:

Thanks for your reply, I think maybe I'm confused as to what is being said about the OP, as the OP only stated Stanley is not a false teacher, which merely leads to a discussion.  

It did indeed. And the parameters for the discussion were detailed in the first positive members posts back and forth and with the first member author of this thread. 

Perhaps if you remain confused after reading those and ignoring the derail efforts interjected here and there first page you'll see. If not may I suggest a PM to the author to ask them to assist your understanding. I think positive input from you would greatly enhance the direction of this discussion. 

"One of Satan's most deceptive and powerful ways of defeating us is to get us to believe a lie. And the biggest lie is that there are no consequences to our own doing. Satan will give you whatever you ask for if it will lead you where he ultimately wants you. " Charles Stanley
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/c/charles_stanley.html

42.jpg

The difficulties we face originate from one of three sources. Some are sent to us by the Lord to test our faith, others are the result of Satan's attacks, and still others are due to our own sinful choices. Charles Stanley

The Bible tells us that God will meet all our needs. He feeds the birds of the air and clothes the grass with the splendor of lilies. How much more, then, will He care for us, who are made in His image? Our only concern is to obey the heavenly Father and leave the consequences to Him. Charles Stanley

I love this quote especially since it is on topic here. :)

“Adversity is always unexpected and unwelcomed. It is an intruder and a thief, and yet in the hands of God, adversity becomes the means through which His supernatural power is demonstrated.” Reverend Dr.Charles Stanley

“If the church marries herself to the spirit of the times, she will find herself a widow in the next generation.”  Reverend Dr. Charles Stanley

"A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person. " Reverend Dr.Charles Stanley

"Since God knows our future, our personalities, and our capacity to listen, He isn't ever going to say more to us than we can deal with at the moment." Reverend Dr.Charles Stanley
Read more:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  209
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

Well said.