Neighbor

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

we need to stop drugs coming into our country across the border and a good sized wall will help that.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

On 3/12/2017 at 7:13 AM, Temp said:

yes , let tear all walls, prison walls, private property walls, heck, while we are at it, why don't tear down the walls of banks too!

:P

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

2 hours ago, other one said:

I'll answer your question. Our government is of the Constitution of the United States.  It is the governing authority of the US, and any one or anything that goes against it  is an enemy of the state and we are obliged to stand against it......  be that a foreign government, or people within our own country or even working for our government.  That includes the president and anyone else that fails to follow it. Even a so called religion that teaches it's overthrow must be put down.....

God blessed this country with its form of government and it is the God given duty for everyone to uphold and protect the constitution. .

Amen, OO.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

9 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Good response IMO, but I do  find enemy of the State to be a scary term. And perhaps an over reach. it is often used n history as the rationale for crushing freedom, both freedom of majorities and minorities. Seems to me the people stand on more authority than does the State in this particular form of Republic.

But to the point.least my point. I am not against Law  I am agains tbeing stupid in application of it. And to me spending billions of dollars on a wall to satisfy our emotions is  well just plain irrational stupidity. We need protection, we need rational immigration we need have evenidentification of our citixens, though thatis scary too. The wall does none of that , it just feeds a hatred on both sides of th ewall,and solves no problem.But i imagine it will be big really big and beautiful in a gold veined tower kind of way. Maybe it will have an idol or at least an icon or two within it. Least a gold plated bronze plaque inscribed 

"To The Donald,

May his will always Trump any other.

Maybe have it mounted on a giant capital T,  but even then it will be folly; for  while the plaque is being mounted the tunnels will be underway and the drones carrying drugs will be flying over it.

We need a thick wall one of the armor of God running all through the land, not just  a wall around part of the edge of it. We need have God change the hearts of the peope of th eland. The we will prosper and serve Him in  a manner that does bring Glory to Him.

BUT  I do so appreciate the contrary expressions of others! I do consider them. I once held them myself, and may yet again. But I kinda doubt it. I become more and more convicted that we are on a very wrong path, despite my  political leanings and recent support including even financial support for the prevailing presidential candidate of the Republican party. I do pray  he comes to a better solution than a wall. And that solution gets endorsed by  our citizens from shore to  shore. Plus that it honors and glorifies God, for we are to do all things that we do to the glory of God

Let's always pray first think, read our Bibles and pray again before we put one foot forward to any so called solution as a wall. or for any other solution for that matter. Who knows maybe I will be one among many contributing to a giant plaque praising the building of the wall- if led to do so.

Enemies of the state is a Term that is quite apt when dealing with those people who stand only on ideological grounds on their stance towards security. They side form their opinions on wishful think and do have no argument other than name calling and violence when that doesn't work.      

The idea that immigration is the only concern is ridiculous in face of the drug issue that has always been a problem coming out of Mexico. As far as the people standing on more authority is not to understand what America is. All authority to be governed is given by the people and those people voted in the government they wished to, because of what the head of that government said. The wall was put forward by that head. 

The wall is apart of a broader strategy that includes immigration reform which has also covered by that head. The wall is nothing more than than a wall that funnels people coming into the country into areas where they can be regulated.

Edited by Churchmouse

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

Good response IMO, but I do  find enemy of the State to be a scary term. And perhaps an over reach. it is often used n history as the rationale for crushing freedom, both freedom of majorities and minorities. Seems to me the people stand on more authority than does the State in this particular form of Republic.

The people have the authority to change the constitution,  but not go against it....  it is the constitution that gives us our freedoms.

It is really as close as humans can get to the way of life God wanted the Israelites  to live before they demanded a king.

13 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Haven't ignored you. Just have no interest in argument.  

If you want to be the good guy and have need of me being the bad guy for us  having different  conclusions on the merits of a wall, that's okay by me. I'm the bad guy.

Now, do I get to to wear a really nice quality black cowboy hat?  

I really do appreciate all the thoughts expressed by everyone that has taken time to do so. 

Where is the physical wall that has been a success in keeping people in and holding people out without fail for a serious period of time? Do not all walls get shook down, or if left standing become the very vehicle of defeat of the wall builders?

Yes, we can see a great wall from space, but it was the vehicle of defeat for it's builders when it's  "road" became the road used by the enemies of it's builder to gain entry to the centers of population. More recently the  Berlin wall was flown over, tunneled under, and just forced through, until it's embarrassment to it's builders, along with it's failure, made the builders tear down that wall.

Physical walls for protection are folly is my conclusion. The wall  of the great city to come has gates  that remain open by day, they never close for there is no night. The only wall that works is not a physical wall, it is spiritually based, and is the wall that goes through the entirety  of the width of that which it is to protect- that is the wall of knowledge of the word of God and is the armor with which we are to gird ourselves.

If Christians come to see themselves as aliens in this world, what then do they have to do with building walls that try to separate mankind into camps of discontent without Christ Jesus as Lord? Are we not commanded to be the wall breachers that are to go into all the world despite the world's hatred of our Lord and hatred of His servant sharing  His gospel?

Put up that great beautiful wall, and then try to go share of Jesus in the lands walled against. Who is going to listen about Jesus' gospel from a wall builder?

Red herrings aside. I will continue with what is important.

Nobody coming here has the right to any expectations other than to be respected.  There is no guaranteed one-sided freedom of speech, here.  This is not a place to aire opinions free of challenges by others would disagree with a persons logic or mannerisms.

This is a Christian site and  when someone emotes about Christian sentiment while ignoring Biblical teachings, that is an issue that must be confronted, lest we loose sight of what all of this means and who gave it meaning. Neither the Bible nor the religion, is a play thing to promote political causes, especially when doing so runs counter to that which The Bible teaches. If it were not for these attempts to do so, I would have not responded to any of this. There is simply nothing here of substance to debate. It's simply rhetoric

Edited by Churchmouse

13 hours ago, other one said:

I'll answer your question. Our government is of the Constitution of the United States.  It is the governing authority of the US, and any one or anything that goes against it  is an enemy of the state and we are obliged to stand against it......  be that a foreign government, or people within our own country or even working for our government.  That includes the president and anyone else that fails to follow it. Even a so called religion that teaches it's overthrow must be put down.....

God blessed this country with its form of government and it is the God given duty for everyone to uphold and protect the constitution. .

Thank you for this. It seems that those who attack it from within doesn't really respect it, because they are attacking that which would have granted them victory, if they had something that would have been of benefit to anyone other than themselves. In essence they are attacking those who they will need, if they were ever to hope to win the white house again.

Elections have consequences and so do actions.

Edited by Churchmouse

8 hours ago, Yowm said:

Reason (there still is such a thing?) would tell us if there had been no border security in the past there would have been no country to speak of in this present time and if we have no border security now there will be no country to speak of in the future.

When your God is Globalism, there is little use for borders or for America for that matter. Just our cooperation in denying ourselves.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 3/12/2017 at 4:34 PM, Jewels7 said:

Heck, we should just annex Mexico and save a fortune on the wall. Put that money into infrastructure and have Mexico pay us tariffs etc.... for the privilege of being added as a U.S. holding. :P

:thumbsup:

The Big U.S. Sin Against The Peoples Of Our Neighbor, Mexico
Was That When We Had Taken The City's Castle
We Did Not Then Draw A Long Line
From Sea To Shining Sea

Annexing It To Our U.S. Of A.
IMO

Meanwhile, U.S. troops led by Gen. Winfield Scott landed in Veracruz and took over the city. They then began marching toward Mexico City, essentially following the same route that Hernán Cortés followed when he invaded the Aztec empire. The Mexicans resisted at Cerro Gordo and elsewhere, but were bested each time. In September 1847, Scott successfully laid siege to Mexico City’s Chapultepec Castle. During that clash, a group of military school cadets–the so-called niños héroes–purportedly committed suicide rather than surrender. http://www.history.com/topics/mexican-american-war

I Think
Both The Government Of Mexico
And The New Democratic Party Have Made It Perfectly Clear
This War Of Invasion Of The Peoples Of The USA Has Not And Will Not Be Intentionally Stopped

Deliver me, O my God, out of the hand of the wicked, out of the hand of the unrighteous and cruel man. Psalms 71:4

~

Be Blessed Beloved Daughter Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160 (King James Bible)

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,587
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 3/13/2017 at 3:26 PM, Yowm said:

Reason (there still is such a thing?) would tell us if there had been no border security in the past there would have been no country to speak of in this present time and if we have no border security now there will be no country to speak of in the future.

Good morning.

Sounds like a reasonable statement, BUT is it so that we have had  border security in the past?  Where is the great beautiful wall that made for the security?

I just got back from 13 days at So. Ca. Oh how I dislike being there.  It is so crowded, with people, residential  and commercial construction running amuck, new midrise structures everywhere, roads all torn up with  resurfacing projects, and freeways being widened and new ones added. What a mess to get around in! It is all hustle and bustle. AND people from all over the world there, speaking so many languages. Each time  I have to spend time there, I am surprised to see more people and it seems ever more cultures  together all working to build some sort of life for themselves.

Once I get home again I do wonder, well is that so bad after all? I got to meet and to share of our faith in God with a few people and I also received  am awakening once again, guess that's a re-awakening of the need for  Christians that receive the call  to go into all the world including Southern California sharing the Gospel of Jesus. For all of the world it seems is piling up right here! Perhaps it is for the gospel's sack more opportunity for God's glory than danger that knowledge of Him might  be further surpressed. by evil on earth.

Maybe, it is  truly the  spiritual battle  before us for the Christian to behold,  more so than  it is  the battle of  nation's borders, flesh, and  lower rather gross politics, that is before us as a nation and as a people that  do know, honor, and love their Lord Jesus!

What is it  we battle against? ( Eph. 6 )

Anyway,  as I have stated  in the past, my own opinion/understanding changes,  as to how best to apply doing all things to the glory of our creator, each time He sends me to  some place out of my comfort zone. Southern California definitely being out of my comfort zone; BUT to so many especially the young there is  a happy place, they talk of opportunity,  of education, careers and of each other. They are not the drones and dolts  I so often see portrayed on cable tv so called news and videos.

I do know that  our nation must have security and order, but I don't see a wall ..., there is something about a wall that is  not liked. Fortunately no wall has prevailed against the will of our LORD. Anyway back to working  at my own "career" today, a cup of coffee and off to work. May all have a grand day  especially if at the USA. It is  pretty grand even So. Ca. I guess.:D

Edited by Neighbor
Had to correct several fatigue induced typos