• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  713
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, OneLight said:

The Talmud is not scripture, so what does that matter?[/quote]

It should be very concerning and matter to anyone who reads that error. Nothing proceeds when wrong is first.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

12 minutes ago, Jewels7 said:

It should be very concerning and matter to anyone who reads that error. Nothing proceeds when wrong is first.

Did you notice the Talmud was being referenced instead of the OT?  That is why I made the statement that it was not scripture.  It would take many lifetimes to read all the errors being published concerning the bible.  I would much rather spend that time in scripture so I could easily distinguish truth from false.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,191
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

6 hours ago, heretoeternity said:

Did some research and came up with the following link:    http://www.talmudblasphemy.com/  

You should not read this site much less believe what it is saying unless you are a member of the KKK or some other group like them.  What they post there is simply not true.  

I am not standing up for the Talmud for it is also deceiving and anti Christian

, but this is way beyond deceiving.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  713
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

42 minutes ago, other one said:

You should not read this site much less believe what it is saying unless you are a member of the KKK or some other group like them.  What they post there is simply not true.  

I am not standing up for the Talmud for it is also deceiving and anti Christian

, but this is way beyond deceiving.

Would such a position be demonstrated in a site if it stated the Talmud is not the word of God? Or scripture? I ask because I'm not familiar with that site till this thread.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

There are many sites that can explain the difference between the Talmud and the Torah.  Here is how one site explains the difference.

Torah versus Talmud?

I'm hoping that you can clarify a few terms that are not clear for me. What is the difference between Torah, Talmud, Mishnah, Gemara and Midrash. If the Bible is the written law, then is the Midrash the commentary?

I went to Hebrew School and had my Bar Mitzvah, but they never explained any of this to me. I'm drowning in a sea of unfamiliar terminology. Please help!

The Aish Rabbi Replies:

The first thing to know is that the Torah consists of two parts: The Written Torah, and the Oral Torah.

The Written Torah totals 24 books, including the Five Books of Moses and the prophetic writings – e.g. Isaiah, Jeremiah, Psalms, Proverbs, etc.

The Five Books of Moses – comprised of Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy – was written down by Moses in 1273 BCE, and includes all 613 commandments (mitzvahs).

Perhaps part of the reason for your confusion is that the Five Books of Moses has many names. It is referred to as the Bible (meaning "book" in Greek), the Chumash (Hebrew for "fifth"), the Pentateuch (Greek for "five scrolls"), or generically "Torah" – Hebrew for "instructions," because its purpose is to instruct. (Jews consider it insulting to call it the Old Testament, as this implies a New Testament, which Jews reject.)

But whatever the name, it refers to the best-selling, longest-running book in the history of mankind.

So what is the Oral Torah? Its name derives from the fact that it was not allowed to be formally written down but had to be taught orally. It contains the explanations of the Written Torah. One cannot be understood without the other.

In 190 CE, persecution and exile of the Jewish people threatened the proper transmission of the Oral Torah. Therefore, Rabbi Yehudah HaNasi compiled written notes on the Oral Torah called the "Mishnah" (Hebrew for "teaching"). Rabbi Yehudah arranged the Mishnah into six sections: Laws of Agriculture, Festivals, Damages, Marriage, Purity, and Offerings. Rabbi Yehudah wrote the Mishnah in code form, so that students would still require the explanation of a rabbi – since this information was meant to remain oral.

In 500 CE, the Jewish people again suffered an uprooting of their communities, and two Babylonian rabbis – Rav Ashi and Ravina – compiled a 60-volume record of rabbinic discussions on the Mishnah, called the "Gemara." Together, the Mishnah and Gemara comprise what is commonly called the "Talmud."

The Oral Torah also includes the Midrash, an explanation of the Written Torah, comprising both ethical and legal components. Much of this material is also contained in the Talmud.

The Oral Torah also includes the works of Kabbalah, a tradition of mystical secrets of the metaphysical universe received by Moses at Mount Sinai. It was first published as "The Zohar" by R' Shimon bar Yochai (170 CE), and elucidated by the Arizal (1572 CE).

Torah is not to be regarded, however, as an academic field of study. It is meant to be applied to all aspects of our everyday life – speech, food, prayer, etc. Over the centuries great rabbis have compiled summaries of practical law from the Talmud. Landmark works include: "Mishneh Torah" by Maimonides (12th century Egypt); "Shulchan Aruch" by Rabbi Yosef Karo (16th century Israel); "Mishnah Berurah" by the Chafetz Chaim (20th century Poland).

I hope this helps solve your confusion. Now only one thing remains – to go out and learn the entire Torah!

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

On 3/13/2017 at 5:45 AM, heretoeternity said:

Are you saying the respect they show Jesus is a lie? Why would you say such a thing!

Satan has been mixing the truth with lies since Adam and Eve. Because, when one does that it's harder to discern the truth.

See, I would say the "respect" the quran shows Jesus is very much a lie. You don't lie about someone you respect. Jesus is the only Son of God, fully man, fully God. The quran says he is just a prophet, so no matter how much "respect" the book pretends to show Him, it's all a lie because Jesus was no mere prophet.

It is simply a tool to deceive, there is no real respect for Jesus at all. When you add in the salvation through works and violence that the quran teaches verses the forgiveness and love Jesus teaches, you see another obvious form of disrespect towards Jesus and His teachings.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 9:18 PM, heretoeternity said:

It seems the Koran holds Jesus in high regard based on the attached link which quotes the relevant Koran sections..  Is this for real?

https://www.namb.net/apologetics/a-comprehensive-listing-of-references-to-jesus-isa-in-the-qur-an

No. They believe in a different Jesus. If they believe in the true Christ they would NOT be Muslims

1 hour ago, Jewels7 said:

Would such a position be demonstrated in a site if it stated the Talmud is not the word of God? Or scripture? I ask because I'm not familiar with that site till this thread.

This site states things that are not only not true, but are non existent.       It is a Jewish world conspiracy site that is made to create hatred for Jews.     It really has nothing to do with stating the Talmud isn't the word of God or Scripture.

The Talmud is basically codifying a very long history of what the Jewish religious people think concerning the old testament and how it applies to daily life.   The Kabbalah is a part of it and that is basically Babylonian and Egyptian Mysticism.

When reading it one must remember that the people who wrote it do not believe that Jesus was/is the messiah and take that into consideration when going through it.....   and if you bother to look it up you will find that it is very large and boring as (*&^&).

2 minutes ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

No. They believe in a different Jesus. If they believe in the true Christ they would be Muslims

I think you left out a "not".

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 9:18 PM, heretoeternity said:

It seems the Koran holds Jesus in high regard based on the attached link which quotes the relevant Koran sections..  Is this for real?

https://www.namb.net/apologetics/a-comprehensive-listing-of-references-to-jesus-isa-in-the-qur-an

The Koran is but a lying horrid mishmash of badly quoted bible stories, heretical Christian/Jewish apocryphal literature and bad history rolled into one with no sense of continuity whatsoever, being arranged simply from longest to shortest chapters.