• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

40 minutes ago, Judas Machabeus said:

This I can respect. I don't agree with the second have of the sentence but I can respect the whole sentence. 

Actually the whole post for that matter. 

1 peter 4

Holman Christian Standard Bible
For there has already been enough time spent in doing what the pagans choose to do: carrying on in unrestrained behavior, evil desires, drunkenness, orgies, carousing, and lawless idolatry. 

If Peter the apostal of Christ was their founder and first pope. They might of built the 16th chapel on his grave and his bones might be their corner stone but what he taught was not recieved.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

1 hour ago, Judas Machabeus said:

I didn't dodge anything. You on the other hand ignored my question and answered your own. I said I would answer you using scripture. But only after you answered me first.

Did you learn your debating skills at a Jesuit summer camp ??

Guest Judas Machabeus
23 minutes ago, Reinitin said:

1 peter 4

Holman Christian Standard Bible
For there has already been enough time spent in doing what the pagans choose to do: carrying on in unrestrained behavior, evil desires, drunkenness, orgies, carousing, and lawless idolatry. 

If Peter the apostal of Christ was their founder and first pope. They might of built the 16th chapel on his grave and his bones might be their corner stone but what he taught was not recieved.

The Catholic Church has stood for two thousand years. Navigated the centuries with a crew of faliable sinners. Yet has survived, there have been scandals, bad priests, bad bishops and even a few bad popes. Yet it still stands today. Not other human run anything has lasted as long as the Catholic Church. Why??

Because the Holy Spirit is at the wheel and protecting it. And Jesus promised the gates of hell would not prevail against it. Every scandal is Satans attempt to tear down Christs Church and every time he fails. 

Peter was one of the Aposltes. He ate and drank with Jesus and yet he didn't even live up to his own teachings. Paul scolded him for avoiding the gentiles. 

This is why we turn to God, we are a week and broken people and it's only through the grace and power of God we are able to do great things. 

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

9 minutes ago, Judas Machabeus said:

Because the Holy Spirit is at the wheel and protecting it. And Jesus promised the gates of hell would not prevail against it. Every scandal is Satans attempt to tear down Christs Church and every time he fails

where in scripture is the name Roman Catholic Church used ? 'Church" means called out assembly-- not Roman Catholic Church-- the Current organization called the "RCC" has morphed into what it is today by the addition of heretical many man made traditions, and opinions Of "sinful men" taken as Gods words--- this organization is not the Church Christ founded 2000 yeas ago. It is a soul eating political machine

11 hours ago, Judas Machabeus said:

So you make an accusation that you can't back up. Nothing intellectual about that. 

When people resort to unfounded accusations, they are revealing their bigotry. And there's nothing intellectual about that. The majority of my activity here is challenging people's accusations. And all too often I get some vague, I heard it from ....... Or I grew up RC.

Only the Holy Spirit can lead each of us to truth. And when it comes to what folks are taught about the Catholic Church, there isn't much truth out there. 

Catholics are bound to the teachings of the Church. And they believe that Jesus founded that Church (Matt 16:18) and they believe that Jesus will send the Holy Spirit to protect his Church (John 15:15-18). So when the Church that Jesus founded and the Holy Spirit is protecting says something, you listen. And because the Holy Spirit protects Its Church it will not teach error. This is the the same as being wrong. It will not teach dogmatic error. Catholics are bound to the dogmas of the Catholic Church only.

Protestants are not bound by this and we see the fruits that it has produced. They claim the bible is their authority. But that's not true, each individual is their own authority. They pick and choose what scripture means and what it is saying. We have prove by the incredible division amongst Protestants. How do you get 30,000 different churches claiming they have the truth when they all use the same bible. 

1. Any verse removed from context to justify a belief seperate from the scruptures context are cons. Examples of this would be matt 16 and john 15 verses removed from their context.

2. Scriptures are letters of explination that expand on topics and principles with example to open our understand to create a full view of the purposes of God.

3. The scriptures in the bible were not divided into chapters  until 1227 by Langdon (a professor).

4. The chapters were not divided into verses until stephens (a printer) greek new testiment in 1551.

5. Absolutely no authoritive basis for the divisions in the bible have ever been found.

6. Tons of false teachers and anti christs were present when the Lord came and when the diciples were sent out and we know one pour man was tormented with a legion of demons. 

7. There is One Truth his name Is Yahshua he is the Son of the one True God, our Creator. 

8. The promised John 15 fruit that will last is revealed to us in John 17 in our Lords Prayer. For those who believe the Diciples message Christ in us making our Father (who the world does not know and has never known) known to us. 

9. The meaning of matthew 16 is made very clear by Jesus prayer in Mathew 11. And every thing in matthew is a witness to Christ being made known to us.

10. Catholics and Protestants are not ecclesia. Those who believe the diciples (plural) their message and dwell in Messiah and have messiah dwelling in them make one bride with christ and one body ecclecia who is in our Father.

2 hours ago, Judas Machabeus said:

The Catholic Church has stood for two thousand years. Navigated the centuries with a crew of faliable sinners. Yet has survived, there have been scandals, bad priests, bad bishops and even a few bad popes. Yet it still stands today. Not other human run anything has lasted as long as the Catholic Church. Why??

Because the Holy Spirit is at the wheel and protecting it. And Jesus promised the gates of hell would not prevail against it. Every scandal is Satans attempt to tear down Christs Church and every time he fails. 

Peter was one of the Aposltes. He ate and drank with Jesus and yet he didn't even live up to his own teachings. Paul scolded him for avoiding the gentiles. 

This is why we turn to God, we are a week and broken people and it's only through the grace and power of God we are able to do great things. 

The fruit of the catholic church has been rotten, the fruit of calvin, protestants and their 30,000 doctrins is rotten but the mystery is shown to us by our Lord when he was asked about those who were not of them teaching of Him. He said( not a quote so study) leave them alone because where He is preached there is heavenly seed. Because He is life. Eternal life is knowing the one true God and his Son (john 17).

How can the gates of hell prevail against the Kingdom of God and His Son? Ecclecia (the church, the bride)  is in Christ and Christ is in Ecclesia.  He has overcome death Hell and the grave.

We were warned about all the false teachers and those who say they are the christ. We are also told the anti christs would be decieving and satan mascarades as an angel of light and his messangers mascarade as ministers of righteousness( there is only one who makes us righteous). So satans universal usurping of Christs authority and Person are gonna be here till that day when the false prophet and the anti christ and all those who followed them are cast into the lake of fire. So the longevity claim is not valid either. We were told the evil posing as rigteousness would be in the world and multiplying till our Lord returns.

A good tree does not bare bad fruit. The only tree of salvation that bares no bad fruit is Christ and it is only Christ in us that can present us to God without spot or wrinkle. We are eathern vessles he fills us with his rigteousness. 

The reason for Paul confronting peter about separating himself from gentiles was also expained by scripture (study it). To show us and was to remind Peter we can't seek the approval of man we are called to the favor of God through Christ. Taking it out of context to make it mean something other then scripture reveals it as is just the flesh trying to justify the flesh.

Let the Lords word reveal truth by his spirit. Using the word to prove doctrins of men doesnt renew anyones mind. All day long you search the scripture to find eternal life but you refuse to come to me that i might give you life. The scriptures speak of me (look it up). People still do that and the blind still love having lots of blind followers. 

People do find him in Catholic churches and protestant churches but the protestant and cathlolic churches are not Ecclesia. 

Honestly the cathlic doctrin seems more like the enchantments and sorcery of peter the magus then peter the apostal. 

When Jesus turned water to wine it was wine. Making people believe and confess wine that is wine is blood is called an enchantment or sorcery.

Edited by Reinitin

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

9 hours ago, Judas Machabeus said:

You're the first person to admit that. Wow!

no I can't prove sola scriptura. It's not scriptural. 

This passage in 2 Timothy does mean something to me though:

. 16All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17so that the servant of Goda may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

ps it doesn't say every RCC edict or Catechism is god breathed.

Edited by Spock

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51

12 hours ago, Fidelibus said:

Thank you Matrix for your responce. By citing this passage, is it your contention that when it says, " since all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God," that it means absolutely every person who has ever lived, no exception, has sinned? Which means Mary had to have sinned, correct?

One last thing Matrix, I've asked a couple of folks (warrior12, Spock) if they were seeking God, and their reply was they were without a doubt. Would you agree with them that you too are seeking God??

As for the first part, yup. Save for Jesus alone. That passage, All have sinned was meant only for humanity, anybody born with a sin nature.

As for the second, I am not seeking Him I FOUND Him over 20 years ago. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Lol, Kwik.  You still quoted me......love it!

I knew you would get a kick out of that MR Spock....my dear Brother:D

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Judas...

my question has been dodged every time I've asked it

I can't seem to find what the question is that you have been asking....would you mind telling me what it was? I'm sorry,forgive me please but I am really wondering what it could be?                                                                                                                                      Peace & Love-in Christ,Kwik