Spock

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

I discussed John McArthur's words on this matter. If anyone wants to read them and discuss them, here they are. Enjoy.

https://www.gty.org/library/sermons-library/90-314/Exposing-the-Idolatry-of-Mary-Worship-An-Overview

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

to the question of the post---- yes, it is Idolatry. The Roman Catholic Church, and the Biblical Christian church are two completely separate entities 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

The body of christ is in all denominations including RCC. At one time there was just the Catholics. But of course Mary was not sinless. You can be mistaken in this point and still be saved.

3 minutes ago, woundeddog said:

to the question of the post---- yes, it is Idolatry. The Roman Catholic Church, and the Biblical Christian church are two completely separate entities 

You know, a week ago I would have probably chuckled at what you said here, but I've spent the past three days reading a lot of the Catholic Dogma, mostly Mary related, but other topics too, and now I'm beginning to be very concerned about the entire church. Of course there is always a little good stuff mixed in with a lot of trash.  Heck, you could say the same about JWs and Mormons. What the leaders of that church are feeding the masses that flock to them is so scary. I'm starting to wonder if you could follow God and Satan simultaneously.  It sounds crazy. 

So many Popes writing and saying so much garbage, and yet the masses believe these guys are infallible and commissioned by God to be his mouthpiece. How could they believe this stuff? 

Something is really not sitting well with me......

7 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

The body of christ is in all denominations including RCC. At one time there was just the Catholics. But of course Mary was not sinless. You can be mistaken in this point and still be saved.

There certainly must be a remnant. I think that is probably what you are saying, right? 

Just curious, Do you believe there is also a remnant of saved believers who are Jehovah Witnesses and Mormons? 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

13 minutes ago, Spock said:

There certainly must be a remnant. I think that is probably what you are saying, right? 

Just curious, Do you believe there is also a remnant of saved believers who are Jehovah Witnesses and Mormons? 

All through history, since the first century,  there has been a remnant outside, never part of, or they became separated by YHWH'S doing, from the group(s) when it(they) was(were) in error.   YHWH called and chose and set apart and kept that remnant for HIMSELF,  a TESTIMONY of TRUTH all through the dark ages (which might not have been as dark as the last century ! ) .

Whenever someone in the other religions becomes born again, saved, called and chosen and set apart by YHWH, 

the group they were in kicks them out (as written in SCRIPTURE).   Yes ,  even politic, social, labor unions, and so on frequently kick someone out when they start testifying of the TRUTH.   Y'SHUA MESSIAH said clearly this would happen - the world cannot understand YHWH WITH MEN;  the world cannot accept the TRUTH, nor those who bear testimony of the TRUTH.  (i.e. the remnant , the ecclesia, of YHWH cannot - it is not possible - remain "in" an anti-christ group. - LIGHT and darkness have no fellowship together)    YHWH causes the seperation - YHWH accomplishes this, every time.   Those things impossible for man,  are possible with YHWH, as HIS WORD SAYS CLEARLY.   This is in spite of seemingly insurmountable obstacles (even AFTER being saved,  someone formerly in one of the unGodly groups is OFTEN surprised, as they trust YHWH, by faith in Y'SHUA,  HOW YHWH draws them out for the GOSPEL'S SAKE ,  when they could see no way out)   Oh,  the fact that YHWH sets them apart does not surprise HIS children as often,  as how HE does it and also that HE gets them out ALIVE ! (or JOYOUS MARTYRS - no fear of death at all, and no doubting) ....  

All in all,   it is YHWH'S doing,  YHWH'S accomplishment, in those who are called, who love HIM, and who are willing.  (Y'SHUA would have saved the children of Jerusalem,  "under HIS wings" ,  but they were NOT WILLING.  )

"Seek YHWH while HE may be found"  TRUST YHWH by faith in Y'SHUA(JESUS).  

HE is FAITHFUL.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

5 minutes ago, Spock said:

You know, a week ago I would have probably chuckled at what you said here, but I've spent the past three days reading a lot of the Catholic Dogma, mostly Mary related, but other topics too, and now I'm beginning to be very concerned about the entire church. Of course there is always a little good stuff mixed in with a lot of trash.  Heck, you could say the same about JWs and Mormons. What the leaders of that church are feeding the masses that flock to them is so scary. I'm starting to wonder if you could follow God and Satan simultaneously.  It sounds crazy. 

So many Popes writing and saying so much garbage, and yet the masses believe these guys are infallible and commissioned by God to be his mouthpiece. How could they believe this stuff? 

You know, when i am at work i have the privilege to look at some youtube videos.  There is one series  that i especially like and it is called " How it's made" .   You can see how baseball balls are made, screws, and all kind of things that we use every day.  I saw one, where they now make synthetic diamonds that the only way to tell the difference from the real diamond stone is by special scanning tools to see the crystals.   All this to say, Satan is a master counterfeiter and does so very well.     If there are believers in the rcc,  then  they will be convicted when they read the gospel and will not or cannot remain there.  They will have to come out and not participate in the false doctrines and others.   A believer who have read and hear the gospels, cannot be subservient to extra Biblical teachings.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

footnote:  look up diamond testers online/ on ebay/ etc.

see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synthetic_diamond

With a $20 to $400 thermal diamond tester is only takes 2 or 3 seconds to tell the true diamonds from the synthetic ones.  Some Jewelers and Stores that buy, sell, trade, or barter in diamonds use these frequently to tell the difference.

(A LOT of people who don't test , but buy untested,  find out later they paid $1000.00  or $400.00 for a $40.00 fake.   Fake sales are VERY common. )

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

1 hour ago, Spock said:

No, this one:

2. If so, is it possible to both believe on Jesus for his atonement, and also believe in all this stuff regarding Mary, and still be saved?  In other words, can you be both a God worshipper and an idol worshipper simultaneously?

Thanks MG. 

Spock

Oh, I see what you'r e asking.  I believe that God has answered that question for us.....

Exodus 20:1 KJV

1And God spake all these words, saying,

2I [am] the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

3Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

4Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness [of any thing] that [is] in heaven above, or that [is] in the earth beneath, or that [is] in the water under the earth:

5Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God [am] a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth [generation] of them that hate me;

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

1 hour ago, Spock said:

I have Roman Catholic friends and relatives-- I struggled for years wondering about their salvation-- I finally grabbed the bull by the horns and started to study-- I even listen to EWTN ( Catholic Radio)to and from work ( 2 hours a day)-- the more I heard and learned the more I knew that the Roman church--- IS NOT CHRISTIAN-- I'm sorry to say it-- but I can not consider spiritual fellowship with them-- now as far as world view-- I agree with the conservative Catholics on just about everything-- but on doctrine-- no RED FLAG-- wont get you into heaven-- sorry to say-- political views will not get you into Heaven-- only exclusive faith in Christ alone will-- and the RCC does not preach that