• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

30 minutes ago, Fidelibus said:

Nowhere does the Bible say that Mary committed a sin.

What is your response to that?

Also, do you consider yourself fallible or infallible in your interpretation of Scripture? 

The Bible does say that she was born as a sinner, just like all man after Adam, therefore she had that sin nature.   

Your second question is a rather silly one as you well know i am not God and therefore not perfect. 

I have read one book a while back that was a very interesting read.  If you are interested in downloading it for free from the web in pdf format, you can browse or read it in its entirety and see if you agree or disagree with the contents.   

It is titled " The Two Babylons"  by   Alexander Hislop.    

Learn the true origins of:
• The Mother and Child
• The Mass
• The Wafer (Eucharist
• Purgatory
• The Sovereign Pontiff
• Prayers for the Dead
• The Rosary
• The Sign of the Cross
• The Confessional
• Clothing and Crowning of Images
• Priests, Monks, and Nuns
• Relic Worship
• Worship of the Sacred Heart
• Extreme Unction
• and much more!

Edited by warrior12

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

1 minute ago, Davida said:

There is no  Christian basis for  the Mary worship- absolutely none.  

Like I previously said, the Mary worship thingy has probably been Satan's number one strategy he sent forth to the four corners of the earth that has been going on for thousands of years to confuse the masses, keep them from knowing God, and lead people astray from the truth. 

The Queen of Heaven just changes name and the demonic spirit in charge gets more and more converts. But, if God allows this to happen, I have to believe he is using it to separate people into sheep and goats, if you will. 

Guest Judas Machabeus
23 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Judas,

Thank you for trying to be understanding.

Now Peter was an apostle before Christ died & is an apostle especially to the Jews & their promised inheritance. He will be in the New Jerusalem over the 12 tribes of Israel, as the Lord promised Him, (& the other 11). When Peter stood up & preached on the day of Pentecost, he spoke to the men of Israel & told them of Jesus whom God has made both Lord & Messiah. (Acts. 2: 36) There was still time for Israel to turn to their Messiah. Eventually the leaders of Israel turned from the Holy Spirit & thus as a nation they became blinded. (Acts 28: 17 - 28)

Now the Apostle Paul was given the revelation of the Body of Christ, (which the 12 did not know of), and he taught that Jews & Gentiles make up this Body & have a promised inheritance in the third heaven, Christ`s seat of power & authority.

regards, Marilyn.

Thank you. That was much clearer. 

I get what you are saying. But Paul did not preach independent from the Aposltes. In Galatians Paul talks about how he went to visit Peter and James three years after his conversion.  Again in Acts we see how Paul and someone else travel to Jerusalem to consult with Peter about what is expected of the gentiles. I don't see how the Apostles didn't know about the Body of Christ. Peter at one point in scripture (the book escapes me) says Paul's writings are like scripture. We don't know which writings Peter was talking about. But he was aware that Paul was writing with authority. I also don't see how Paul could be going around teaching something the Apostles knew nothing about. 

I'm with you that before Paul they likely didn't know thar teaching since it was revealed to Paul. I can go there with you.

as for the third heaven I'm not sure what that is. 

Cheers

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,205
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

21 minutes ago, Judas Machabeus said:

Thank you. That was much clearer. 

I get what you are saying. But Paul did not preach independent from the Aposltes. In Galatians Paul talks about how he went to visit Peter and James three years after his conversion.  Again in Acts we see how Paul and someone else travel to Jerusalem to consult with Peter about what is expected of the gentiles. I don't see how the Apostles didn't know about the Body of Christ. Peter at one point in scripture (the book escapes me) says Paul's writings are like scripture. We don't know which writings Peter was talking about. But he was aware that Paul was writing with authority. I also don't see how Paul could be going around teaching something the Apostles knew nothing about. 

I'm with you that before Paul they likely didn't know thar teaching since it was revealed to Paul. I can go there with you.

as for the third heaven I'm not sure what that is. 

Cheers

Hi Judas,

Again you reply graciously, thank you. So we agree that the revelation of the Body of Christ was given to the Apostle Paul. And yes we know that Paul went up to Jerusalem to consult with the 12 disciples concerning the Gentiles. The council stated that the OT prophets said that God would also call the Gentiles. This is all in relation to receiving Christ, but they did not talk concerning the different inheritances, for Israel & for the Body of Christ.

And yes you are right that Peter says Paul wrote concerning the wisdom given him, which some things are hard to understand. (2 Peter 3: 15 & 16) Peter & the other 11 disciples never understood the revelation of the Body of Christ. They understood that the Gentiles would come into Israel`s inheritance, as many did in the OT, (eg Ruth,) The 12 stayed in Jerusalem preaching to the Jews, while Paul went throughout Asia Minor & other places speaking to Jews & Gentiles.

It was a transition time when the opportunity for the Jews to turn as a nation to Christ, & also for the beginnings of the Body of Christ, of Jews & Gentiles.

The third heaven is where Paul went to in the spirit. (2 Cor. 12: 1 & 2) It is the angelic realm, the closest to God`s eternal throne, far above all.

Hope that is clearer concerning how I see it.

Marilyn.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  54
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

1 hour ago, warrior12 said:

The Bible does say that she was born as a sinner, just like all man after Adam, therefore she had that sin nature.   

Could you show the book Chapter and verse please, because I sure can't find it. Thanks.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

2 hours ago, Judas Machabeus said:

But all that time will fall on deaf ears because you'll likely come back with some demand for sola scriptura. A man made tradition created to deny scripture. 

Catholic propaganda says that Jesus never said the Bible was authority-- well when he was tempted by Satan- did he say "oral tradition rebukes you " Or did he say the Church Fathers rebuke you" or did he say The Magesterium rebukes you?' ----no he said IT IS WRITTEN-- the Bible is the final authority-- and it wasn't the Roman Church that gave it to us-- it was the Holy Spirit

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

23 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Shalom Marilyn,   Perhaps someone can explain why JESUS never offered a sin offering in the TEMPLE for HIMSELF ? (as required by YHWH at that time for all the Jews according to YHWH'S WORD/ Justice/ Plan)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,205
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

1 hour ago, simplejeff said:

Shalom Marilyn,   Perhaps someone can explain why JESUS never offered a sin offering in the TEMPLE for HIMSELF ? (as required by YHWH at that time for all the Jews according to YHWH'S WORD/ Justice/ Plan)

Hi simplejeff,

Because, as we know Jesus Himself was the sin offering. His pure life - the wafer, His Body - the sacrificial lamb, etc.

Marilyn.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

7 hours ago, Fidelibus said:

Could you show the book Chapter and verse please, because I sure can't find it. Thanks.

How do you assert yourself to be a sinner ?.   Genesis 1.    It places all man ever born to be a sinner and that include Mary as she was born flesh and blood. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

42 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

How do you assert yourself to be a sinner ?.   Genesis 1.    It places all man ever born to be a sinner and that include Mary as she was born flesh and blood. 

Maybe I missed it, but did you notice our Catholic friends siting their sources they use that has caused them to believe Mary was sinless, including where it says she was born Immaculate without sin?