IGNORED

What happened to the Christian grace that obeys the scriptures?

Danger Noodle

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  573
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

easter2.gif

It's Holy Week. Soon it shall be Easter. And as many know there has of late been a concentrated effort to defame the faith of one of the most staunch defenders of the Christian faith in media. Hank Hanegraaff, known world wide as, "The Bible Answer Man", and president of the Christian Research Institute. 

An article posing all manner of speculation asking if Hank Hanegraaff has left the Christian faith appeared on the Net the day after Palm Sunday. And since then it has gleaned great attention due to Mr.Hanegraaff's public persona as a man who's ministry has delivered the good news for over 30 years. Having assumed the presidency from the CRI founder,  Walter Martin. Who started CRI in 1960. 

Even Hank Hanegraaff's relationship with Walter Martin has been assailed. As has his faith when opponents , the jealous in my opinion,  have attacked Hank for over 30 years with all manner of weapons in the form of false claims, slander, and defamation. 
The latest however arrives at an all time low. Because the claim that Hank Hanegraaff left the faith has come to his attention, as well as his staff at CRI. And now his friends are concerned with the amount of gossip on the Net. As is his family. 

I tuned into Hank's broadcast that is available here at WCF on The Truth Network link on our homepage. His show, The Bible Answer Man, begins at 6 P.M U.S. EST= Eastern Standard Time. 

Below is that opening address to that which persists as false witness against Hank and his leaving the faith. It is posted here in hopes that bots and spiders that roam and capture words for search engines will find this article, gleaned from Hanks CRI homepage, so as to assist in answering back his detractors. 

Sadly among them are those who claim the name of Christ. And that causes its own curiosity. When did the Christian lose their grace and violate the scriptures concerning false witness? When did the Christian become one with the world of gossip, slander, and defamation? Going so far as to publish an article that makes claims, has no facts, and yet proceeds to ask and then accuse at the same time, did Hank Hanegraaff leave the Christian faith? 

And why and especially during Holy Week would any Christian hope to smear the good name of a man dedicated to God and Christ? When that man for these last four days of Holy Week has publicly on his broadcast addressed this defamation and slander against his dedication to his Lord. The detractors persisting. Insisting, he is a liar. He has left the faith. He is not Christian. 

Below is the article Hank posted at CRI today. I hope the Christians here receive this thread as intended. To defend a brother in Christ against the slings and arrows of the enemy. If the slander persists after the man targeted testifies to his commitment to Christ, the faith that should then come into question is not that of the dedicated Christian man Hank Hanegraaff. 

To God be the glory forever and ever. Amen. 

Exodus 20:16 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

Matthew 12:36 I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak,

easter.jpg

Have I “Left the Christian Faith”?

April 13, 2017 | By: Hank Hanegraaff

faith.jpg

Through Christian Research Institute staff and friends, I’ve become aware of chatter on the Internet—the gist of which is that I’ve walked away from the Christian faith. Amid Holy Week I pray that those forwarding this notion may have an ever-deeper encounter with our crucified and resurrected Lord. May they and their loved ones be blessed and their faith strengthened. If I have caused any to stumble, I humbly ask forgiveness.

My purpose in this post is not so much to respond but to reassure. As I have never been more in love with my wife and family, so, too, I have never been more in love with the Lord Jesus and His body the church. As such,

I confess my faith in the deity of Jesus Christ — “the only-begotten Son of God, begotten of the Father before all ages; Light of Light, true God of true God, begotten not created, of one essence with the Father, through whom all things were made.”

I affirm the doctrine of original sin — “sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned” (Romans 5:12).

I am deeply committed to “the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth” (1 Timothy 3:15) and to the Holy Scriptures, the only infallible repository of redemptive revelation (2 Timothy 3:15–16).

love the Holy Trinity — one God revealed in three Persons eternally distinct. And am deeply grateful that the true and living God invites us to participate in the loving relationships that Father, Son, and Holy Spirit have enjoyed throughout eternity.

I hold to the glorious reality that Jesus “rose on the third day, according to the Scriptures. He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father.”

I am grateful to the Lord Jesus “who for us and for our salvation came down from heaven and was incarnate of the Holy Spirit and the Virgin Mary and became man.”

I thank God daily that I am a new creation in Christ. For by grace I have been saved through faith, and that not of myself; it is the gift of God, not of works lest I should boast. “For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them” (see Ephesians 2:8–10).

“I look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the age to come.”

While there are many secondary issues genuine believers will continue to debate this side of eternity, I have and will always champion what C.S. Lewis called mere Christianity. “In essentials unity, non-essentials liberty, and in all things charity.”

Hank Hanegraaff
Holy Week 2017

Even those who have renounced Christianity and attack it, in their inmost being still follow the Christian ideal, for hitherto neither their subtlety nor the ardor of their hearts has been able to create a higher ideal of man and of virtue than the ideal given by Christ.

- FYODOR DOSTOYEVSKY

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

I believe Hank has not left christ at all. The christian faith can have differences in matters. The important point of all is does one believe in christ coming in the flesh. We can go back to Apostle John letter wherein he states if one believes Jesus has come in the flesh he is of God .And if we love one another we are of God. Those are the tests John gave us in his letter. I don't think anyone meant slander towards Hank. I mean if Hank joined the Mormons, people would say he left the faith and no one would have a problem with that statement.  The Eastern orthodox is a real christian church with many members who follow and love Christ. If someone believes they are a cult then to them it might be the same.

I still will listen to him. He confesses Jesus Christ as the son of God. And the resurrection of christ. I know this is not going to change anyone mind. We are so divided in the body of christ. Even over baptism. Over the coming of christ. Over days to worship. Over faith and works. I think in heaven all those things don't matter anymore. I know truth matters but don't divide over the non essentials. 

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

I forgot to add that no one knows why Hank was chosen to follow Walter Martin. He was chosen by Walter Martin. That's proven. It's been a long time since then. Why even bring it up. He has done a great job . He has a different style the Walter. I love Walter I got to talk to him . I used to listen to him on family radio when I was a teenager. He tried to steer me away from the teachings of Herbert W Armstrong. I got caught up in it that for years. I believe Jesus even warn me in a dream not to be with them. Jesus in a dream said why are going with the worldwide church of God. He said I did not send you to them. Why are you doing this. Then I woke up. I thought maybe the enemy gave me this dream. Of course not lol. Hank was pick by Walter case close. Does anyone think it was because Walter like Hanks memory course ? The fruit of Hanks ministry is proof God used him at CRI. Millions of people heard the gospel and learn many things in the scriptures . He always had top notch guests. No way he left the faith once deliver to the saints. 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

So has  he now affiliated  himself with Eastern Orthodoxy or not? 

Guest shiloh357
54 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

So has  he now affiliated  himself with Eastern Orthodoxy or not? 

Yes,he has.

Guest shiloh357

Through Christian Research Institute staff and friends, I’ve become aware of chatter on the Internet—the gist of which is that I’ve walked away from the Christian faith. Amid Holy Week I pray that those forwarding this notion may have an ever-deeper encounter with our crucified and resurrected Lord. May they and their loved ones be blessed and their faith strengthened. If I have caused any to stumble, I humbly ask forgiveness.

My purpose in this post is not so much to respond but to reassure. As I have never been more in love with my wife and family, so, too, I have never been more in love with the Lord Jesus and His body the church. As such,

I confess my faith in the deity of Jesus Christ — “the only-begotten Son of God, begotten of the Father before all ages; Light of Light, true God of true God, begotten not created, of one essence with the Father, through whom all things were made.”

I affirm the doctrine of original sin — “sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned” (Romans 5:12).

I am deeply committed to “the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth” (1 Timothy 3:15) and to the Holy Scriptures, the only infallible repository of redemptive revelation (2 Timothy 3:15–16).

love the Holy Trinity — one God revealed in three Persons eternally distinct. And am deeply grateful that the true and living God invites us to participate in the loving relationships that Father, Son, and Holy Spirit have enjoyed throughout eternity.

I hold to the glorious reality that Jesus “rose on the third day, according to the Scriptures. He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father.”

I am grateful to the Lord Jesus “who for us and for our salvation came down from heaven and was incarnate of the Holy Spirit and the Virgin Mary and became man.”

I thank God daily that I am a new creation in Christ. For by grace I have been saved through faith, and that not of myself; it is the gift of God, not of works lest I should boast. “For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them” (see Ephesians 2:8–10).

“I look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the age to come.”

While there are many secondary issues genuine believers will continue to debate this side of eternity, I have and will always champion what C.S. Lewis called mere Christianity. “In essentials unity, non-essentials liberty, and in all things charity.”

Hank Hanegraaff
Holy Week 2017

He will find that he cannot  be 100% faithful to the Greek Orthodox Tradition  AND biblical Evangelicalism and present a coherent theology on his program.   Greek Orthodox is based in tradition, not in Sola Scriptura.   It is not salvation by grace along, through faith alone, in Christ alone.  And that is not a "secondary" issue about which we can all agree to disagree about.   It is a fundamental doctrine of salvation, that the Greek Orthodox tradition does not hold to.

He will end up having to create a hybrid theology rooted in both church authoritative tradition and the authority of Scripture and those things simply do not mix, at all.  To try and hold both in tension and pretend that they agree is simply not workable.

If he has to shed his Greek Orthodox tradition to be the Bible Answer Man, why go to the trouble of converting to such a foreign entity like the Greek Orthodox tradition.  This is not about simply switching denominations. It is about switching from an evangelical theology rooted in rich theology to a tradition that demotes the Bible and places church  authority over Scripture and there is no way to hold to both publicly at the same time.   To be the Bible Answer Man he cannot be Greek Orthodox on the air.   He has to live a double life, and he has to promote, on air, a theology he might no longer really believe, such as Sola Scriptura  and Sola Fide.  And his listeners are calling in to the program for biblical theology, not what the Greek Orthodox tradition says.  He cannot keep one foot in Evangelicalism and one foot in Greek Orthodoxy.  He needs to land on one or the other.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Or, there is the possibility that he will be used of the Holy Spirit to help bring the Greek Orthodox Church to the Bible.

It has been happening, for about 12 years, already. We might pray that he too is now being used toward that purpose, the good purposes of God. 

Edited by Neighbor

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

Or, there is the possibility that he will be used of the Holy Spirit to help bring the Greek Orthodox Church to the Bible.

It has been happening, for about 12 years, already. We might pray that he too is now being used toward that purpose, the good purposes of God. 

The single hardest group of unbelievers to reach are the ones who think they are already believers and use the Bible.   An old country preacher once said, "I gots to get them lost before I can gets them saved and born again."

If a person thinks they are a Christian because they belong to the Christian religion, and not because they are born again, it will be the hardest to do.  And converting to the Orthodox religion doesn't really communicate any desire to share the true Gospel with them. I would not convert to Judaism to reach Jews.  I would not convert to Mormonism to reach Mormons.  I would not convert to Islam to reach Muslims.  I don't need to join unbelievers in order to understand what they believe and how to reach them.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,106
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

14 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

The single hardest group of unbelievers to reach are the ones who think they are already believers and use the Bible.   An old country preacher once said, "I gots to get them lost before I can gets them saved and born again."

If a person thinks they are a Christian because they belong to the Christian religion, and not because they are born again, it will be the hardest to do.  And converting to the Orthodox religion doesn't really communicate any desire to share the true Gospel with them. I would not convert to Judaism to reach Jews.  I would not convert to Mormonism to reach Mormons.  I would not convert to Islam to reach Muslims.  I don't need to join unbelievers in order to understand what they believe and how to reach them.

Very good points Shiloh

Guest shiloh357
50 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I've peeked into some Orthodox boards and they are already saying he needs to set aside His B.A.M. for a couple of years until he can truly represent them...go figure.

Yes, they are going to expect him to learn their faith and adjust his thinking and change his views to suit them.  They will expect him to use his public platform to be a mouthpiece for Greek Orthodoxy, and that means giving up his Protestant past.   He has "converted."   He is no longer what he was and they expect to see a major change in his theology from what he was as the Bible Answer Man.   

Despite what anyone on this board thinks, his theology has and will continue to change. Because if not, they will see him as a false convert and it will be rather embarrassing to be publicly disfellowshipped after  having converted.