IGNORED

Does the Body of Christ rule on earth in the millennium?

OneLight

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,202
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

6 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

I don't know.   The Bible doesn't tell us everything we would like to know.  There are a lot of nuts and bolts we will simply have to wait to find out about.  We will know when it comes to pass and we are in the millennium.

I thought you`d use your `Get out of jail free card.` :D

It does seem to me that you have written quite a few details about the millennium, so can you provide the scriptures to back up your claims?

1. You say that the Body of Christ will not be the Body of Christ in the millennium. Scriptures?

2. You say that the Body of Christ will be on earth in the millennium. Scriptures?

3. You say that the Messiah is not for the Body of Christ, so whose authority will they be under on earth in the millennium? Scriptures?

4. You say that the OT saints will be on earth in the millennium. Scriptures?

Guest shiloh357
2 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

I thought you`d use your `Get out of jail free card.` :D

Saying "I don't know"  isn't a get out of jail free card.  It is just an honest answer.  Was I supposed to just make up an answer to a question that cannot be answered at this time?

1. You say that the Body of Christ will not be the Body of Christ in the millennium. Scriptures?

The phrase "body of Christ"  is a metaphor that Paul used to describe how the Church functions.   He pictures each of us as different members in the Church function in different ways for different purposes according to God's will.  That analogy ends with the end of the Church age.  That's why you never see the Church mentioned after Revelation 3. 

When the Church age ends, Jesus' ministry to the Church as a Great High Priest ends because we will be sinless, have our glorified bodies at the rapture (I Cor. 15).   He will no longer need to intercede for us.  We will have been raptured, we have been judged for our rewards and receive the fullness of our inheritance.   For us the New Covenant will be fulfilled completely at that time.  Our function completely changes.   I posted Scriptures earlier that show us judging angels and the world. So we will not be operating within the framework of the "Body of Christ" metaphor, as that only applies to us during the Church age.  We will have different responsibilities as sinless, fully perfected human beings.

I guess you think that our current experience is how things will continue into the future.  But in the Scriptures I have already presented, that is not the case.  The Bible doesn't tell us everything, but it sheds enough light on the fact that after we are in our new glorified state, our experience will be radically different than anything we know now.

2. You say that the Body of Christ will be on earth in the millennium. Scriptures?

No, I said that New Testament saints will be on earth.   We don't expect phrases like "body of Christ"  to appear in any discussion of the millennium in Scrpture, as that metaphor only applies to the Church age, which ends at the rapture.

3. You say that the Messiah is not for the Body of Christ, so whose authority will they be under on earth in the millennium? Scriptures?

What I said is that Jesus role as "Messiah" only applies to Israel.   He is King of the universe and savior of all mankind and He is Israel's Messiah.   Jesus' role as "Messiah" is never applied to Church as a redemptive title/role.

4. You say that the OT saints will be on earth in the millennium. Scriptures?

But the saints of the most High shall take the kingdom, and possess the kingdom for ever, even for ever and ever.
(Dan 7:18)

And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.
(Dan 7:27)

We have already acknowledged that those passages also apply to Old Testament saints.

35 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Saying "I don't know"  isn't a get out of jail free card.  It is just an honest answer.  Was I supposed to just make up an answer to a question that cannot be answered at this time?

The phrase "body of Christ"  is a metaphor that Paul used to describe how the Church functions.   He pictures each of us as different members in the Church function in different ways for different purposes according to God's will.  That analogy ends with the end of the Church age.  That's why you never see the Church mentioned after Revelation 3. 

`Get out of jail free card.` You wrote how the Body of Christ will not be the body of Christ in the millennium and thus we are then Jews or Gentiles. These are the only ones mentioned in God`s word in the millennium and when I questioned you as to where they would go, you backed away. It seems to me you did not like the conclusion - in Israel and in the nations.

1.The Body of Christ is a unique group that the Lord Himself is building and maturing for an eternal purpose. (Eph. 4: 11 - 16 & Rev. 3: 21)

It comprises of those who have the ascended Lord`s `life-giving` spirit within them, (1 Cor. 15: 45) and who have been `partakers of the divine nature,` (2 Peter 1: 4)

No other group has had that privilege, because it is only post ascension, when the Lord sent His Holy Spirit with His `new life` to impart to the believers. They are then `set` together in the spirit to form a spiritual community that is fitted for the heavens.

`The first man was of the earth, made of dust; the second man is the Lord from heaven. As was the man of dust, so also are those who are made of dust; and is the heavenly man, so also are those who are heavenly. As we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly man.` (1 Cor. 15: 47 - 49)

Those of the OT never had that privilege, but were made righteous by trusting & believing in God`s promise for them - a city. (Heb. 11: 13 - 16)

The Body of Christ`s inheritance is Christ.

`If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God. Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth, for you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.` (Col. 3: 1 - 3)

`Let no one defraud you of your reward.....and not holding fast to the Head, from whom all the body, nourished and knit together, grows with the increase which is from God.` (Col. 2: 18 & 19)

• This is Worthy 1

Guest shiloh357
3 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

`Get out of jail free card.` You wrote how the Body of Christ will not be the body of Christ in the millennium and thus we are then Jews or Gentiles. These are the only ones mentioned in God`s word in the millennium and when I questioned you as to where they would go, you backed away. It seems to me you did not like the conclusion - in Israel and in the nations.

Wrong again.   You asked a question that the Bible doesn't answer.   I said I didn't know the answer.   That has nothing to do with not liking the conclusion.  I am not sure what "conclusion" you seem to think I am avoiding.  You didn't  stump me.   You asked a question for which there is no biblical answer.

1.The Body of Christ is a unique group that the Lord Himself is building and maturing for an eternal purpose. (Eph. 4: 11 - 16 & Rev. 3: 21)

It comprises of those who have the ascended Lord`s `life-giving` spirit within them, (1 Cor. 15: 45) and who have been `partakers of the divine nature,` (2 Peter 1: 4)

No other group has had that privilege, because it is only post ascension, when the Lord sent His Holy Spirit with His `new life` to impart to the believers. They are then `set` together in the spirit to form a spiritual community that is fitted for the heavens.

`The first man was of the earth, made of dust; the second man is the Lord from heaven. As was the man of dust, so also are those who are made of dust; and is the heavenly man, so also are those who are heavenly. As we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly man.` (1 Cor. 15: 47 - 49)

Those of the OT never had that privilege, but were made righteous by trusting & believing in God`s promise for them - a city. (Heb. 11: 13 - 16)

The Body of Christ`s inheritance is Christ.

`If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God. Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth, for you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.` (Col. 3: 1 - 3)

`Let no one defraud you of your reward.....and not holding fast to the Head, from whom all the body, nourished and knit together, grows with the increase which is from God.` (Col. 2: 18 & 19)

Thanks for the Sunday School lesson. It is meaningless as a debate response, though.  Nothing in that diatribe actually addresses the issue of the role of believers in Millennium.  "Body of Christ"  is just another name for the Church.   It uses the human body as an analogy for how the Church operates in the world.

All of that changes, when we are glorified and sin is eradicated in us.  Our role in the Millennium will be far different than our current role as the Church.  

On ‎30‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 10:56 AM, shiloh357 said:

Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters? Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?
(1Co 6:2-3)

I agree that the saints shall judge the world. Now even though the revelation of the Body of Christ was not revealed to the sons of men, in the OT (Eph. 3: 5) we do see them operating, judging the world system. This is shown quite graphically in Daniel ch. 7. We are shown the Ancient of Days, as the heavenly high court judge, and with Him is the heavenly court sitting on thrones. These are the overcomers, I believe who are ruling and reigning with the Lord.

`I watched till thrones were put in place, and the Ancient of Days was seated; His garment was white as snow, and the hair of His head was like pure wool. His throne was a fiery flame, its wheels a burning fire; a fiery stream issued and came forth from before Him. A thousand thousands ministered to Him; ten thousand times ten thousand stood before Him.

The court was seated, and the books were opened....... and they shall take away his dominion (A/C) to consume it forever.` (Dan. 7: 9, 10 & 26)

These are the overcomers in heaven shown judging the world system, and thus they are NOT the `saints` that will go into the millennium. One group is in heaven and the other group, is on the earth.

Guest shiloh357
26 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

I agree that the saints shall judge the world. Now even though the revelation of the Body of Christ was not revealed to the sons of men, in the OT (Eph. 3: 5) we do see them operating, judging the world system. This is shown quite graphically in Daniel ch. 7. We are shown the Ancient of Days, as the heavenly high court judge, and with Him is the heavenly court sitting on thrones. These are the overcomers, I believe who are ruling and reigning with the Lord.

`I watched till thrones were put in place, and the Ancient of Days was seated; His garment was white as snow, and the hair of His head was like pure wool. His throne was a fiery flame, its wheels a burning fire; a fiery stream issued and came forth from before Him. A thousand thousands ministered to Him; ten thousand times ten thousand stood before Him.

The court was seated, and the books were opened....... and they shall take away his dominion (A/C) to consume it forever.` (Dan. 7: 9, 10 & 26)

These are the overcomers in heaven shown judging the world system, and thus they are NOT the `saints` that will go into the millennium. One group is in heaven and the other group, is on the earth.

No, you're reading rather wildly into what is actually said in Daniel 7.   The relevant portion is Daniel 7: 9-14:

I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire. A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened. I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame. As concerning the rest of the beasts, they had their dominion taken away: yet their lives were prolonged for a season and time. I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

Nothing in that passage says anything about saints sitting at this particular judgment. You are reading that into the passage. The thousands and ten thousands are likely  angels ministering before the Ancient of Days who is God the Father.  A similar description of this multitude is also given in Rev. 5:11-14.  

The scene above apparently follows the destruction of the earthly empires of the ten kings that ruled under the Antichrist.    Jesus is given a dominion, glory and a Kingdom and He will be served by all people, languages, nations, etc.  That signifies an earthly Kingdom.

6 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

A similar description of this multitude is also given in Rev. 5:11-14.  

Not at all, Shiloh. (ie. reading rather wildly) Looking at Rev. ch. 4 & 5 we see the Lord and the overcomers on thrones, but previous to Daniel`s scene, (ie before judgment)

The overcomers on thrones.

`...and round about the throne were four and twenty thrones, and on the thrones I saw 24 elders sitting, clothed in white robes; and they had crowns of gold on their heads.` (Rev. 4: 4)

`and they sang a new song, saying:

“You are worthy to take the scroll and to open its seals; for you were slain, and have redeemed us to God by your blood out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation, and have made us kings and priests to our God; and we shall reign over the earth.` (Rev. 5: 9 & 10)

Guest shiloh357
Just now, Marilyn C said:

Not at all, Shiloh. Looking at Rev. ch. 4 & 5 we see the Lord and the overcomers on thrones, but previous to Daniel`s scene, (ie before judgment)

The overcomers on thrones.

`...and round about the throne were four and twenty thrones, and on the thrones I saw 24 elders sitting, clothed in white robes; and they had crowns of gold on their heads.` (Rev. 4: 4)

`and they sang a new song, saying:

“You are worthy to take the scroll and to open its seals; for you were slain, and have redeemed us to God by your blood out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation, and have made us kings and priests to our God; and we shall reign over the earth.` (Rev. 5: 9 & 10)

I was referencing Rev. 5: 11-14.     Verses 11-14 are the angels, and the beasts and the elders.  But these thousands time ten thousands who are ministering are the angels and that is what Daniel is describing. 

3 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

I was referencing Rev. 5: 11-14.     Verses 11-14 are the angels, and the beasts and the elders.  But these thousands time ten thousands who are ministering are the angels and that is what Daniel is describing. 

Daniel saw angels & the heavenly court on thrones. Angels have never been given thrones (after Lucifer). Also angels do not judge the world system or other angels. The Body of Christ has been told that they will do this, as you also wrote.

`For He has not put the world to come, of which we speak, in subjection to angels.` (Heb. 2: 5)

Guest shiloh357
Just now, Marilyn C said:

Daniel saw angels & the heavenly court on thrones.

No, he didn't and the text of Daniel doesn't say that, at all.  That is something you are reading into the text.

Angels have never been given thrones (after Lucifer). Also angels do not judge the world system or other angels. The Body of Christ has been told that they will do this, as you also wrote.

Yes, but that will be on earth.