Danger Noodle

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  573
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

PREDATORS, DANGEROUS DEVIANTS & J.D. HALL (of Pulpit & Pen)

MAY 30, 2015JANETMEFFERD

It’s really disgusting out there.

Not just out there, in the moral cesspool of American culture. I mean out there, in the moral cesspool that is rapidly and tragically coming to define American evangelicalism.

Now you might remember the name J.D. Hall. He is a Montana-based pastor, author and founder of the Pulpit & Pen blog. But he is perhaps best known for his online harassment of former Brewton-Parker College president Ergun Caner’s teenaged son Braxton, who tragically ended up committing suicide last year.

According to The Christian Post, Pastor Hall “confessed to his congregation at Fellowship Baptist Church that he was ‘crushed” by Braxton’s death.”

Pastor Hall, who’d become notorious in many Christian circles for his aggressive online battles in the name of “defending truth,” told his church at the time: “The irony is that about three weeks ago I made known to you, my flock, that I was walking away from these conflicts. … In one sense, I am reaping what I sowed. When you live by the sword, you die by it … Knowing now that this young man struggled with that level of despair, I am even more sorry that my interaction with him was adversarial rather than pastoral.”

At the time he said this, I thought Pastor Hall’s response to the tragedy was wholly appropriate and right. How impressive, I thought, that he could humble himself like that, admit how wrong his behavior was and vow never to become adversarial in an online context ever again. Good for him!

Well, that was then.

Because as soon as Pastor Hall saw my husband deny on Twitter that he was literally a “rapist at heart,” he swooped in for the kill.

He tweeted to my husband: “Yeah, are you sure? Our view of depravity calls baloney on that.” When I retweeted my husband’s response, Pastor Hall further mocked me for retweeting my husband’s denial, telling us, “You know what’s funny? Your wife RT’d that like she believed you.”

Edited by Danger Noodle

Guest shiloh357
22 minutes ago, Danger Noodle said:

PREDATORS, DANGEROUS DEVIANTS & J.D. HALL (of Pulpit & Pen)

MAY 30, 2015JANETMEFFERD

Not just out there, in the moral cesspool of American culture. I mean out there, in the moral cesspool that is rapidly and tragically coming to define American evangelicalism.

Now you might remember the name J.D. Hall. He is a Montana-based pastor, author and founder of the Pulpit & Pen blog. But he is perhaps best known for his online harassment of former Brewton-Parker College president Ergun Caner’s teenaged son Braxton, who tragically ended up committing suicide last year.

According to The Christian Post, Pastor Hall “confessed to his congregation at Fellowship Baptist Church that he was ‘crushed” by Braxton’s death.”

Pastor Hall, who’d become notorious in many Christian circles for his aggressive online battles in the name of “defending truth,” told his church at the time: “The irony is that about three weeks ago I made known to you, my flock, that I was walking away from these conflicts. … In one sense, I am reaping what I sowed. When you live by the sword, you die by it … Knowing now that this young man struggled with that level of despair, I am even more sorry that my interaction with him was adversarial rather than pastoral.”

At the time he said this, I thought Pastor Hall’s response to the tragedy was wholly appropriate and right. How impressive, I thought, that he could humble himself like that, admit how wrong his behavior was and vow never to become adversarial in an online context ever again. Good for him!

Well, that was then.

Because as soon as Pastor Hall saw my husband deny on Twitter that he was literally a “rapist at heart,” he swooped in for the kill.

He tweeted to my husband: “Yeah, are you sure? Our view of depravity calls baloney on that.” When I retweeted my husband’s response, Pastor Hall further mocked me for retweeting my husband’s denial, telling us, “You know what’s funny? Your wife RT’d that like she believed you.”

Despite the slander you are engaging in here, what has been reported about the Greek Orthodox and the eternal fate of any Egyptian Copts who never truly trusted in Christ, is still true.   Attempting defame a man who isn't here to defend himself isn't going to change those facts.

I remember a remark rebuffing the observation of slander against fellow Christians in thread after thread intending to generate hatred and malice toward Orthodox Christians. I invoke that denial now when posting the truth about a pastor that produces hate speech in the name of his god.

Years old, this truth made news everywhere: Google results by the hundreds:Christian Post, Pastor Hall & bullies boy to suicide

And contrary to the actual slander against Coptic Christians that has been pursued on this forum without the dictates of Jesus love for one another, and love for our enemies, as some may see Orthodox Christians,  the ignorance that pursues that slander at a constant basis insures it will not be educated by the facts. Otherwise, were it to be so, it would learn that it is a lie that is being published at Pulpit and Pen. When a pastor with a blog posts hate speech against a people who are targeted in Egypt for their faith and are slaughtered by evil that thinks they have no right to live. A pastor! 

And in print a Christian pursues an agenda intent on calling those same people, the Orthodox, all manner of vile names . Anything but children of God and followers of Christ. And what does that accomplish but proof that the campaigners against brothers and sisters in Christ know nothing of Apologetics. And nothing of Christian history. 

What Christian pastor hates the Orthodox? What Christian filled with God's holy spirit carries forth that pastors mission to slander members of God's church? God's first church after that of his son Jesus! 

This is what slander produces here. Apology To the Eastern Orthodox Church "I pray that it is received well by all of our friends in the Eastern Orthodox community. Firstly, we would like to apologize on behalf of Protestants everywhere for overlooking the grave and damning heresies of the Eastern Orthodox tradition, compared to our stalwart protest of Rome." 

The above was published by a man who harassed a boy so badly that that child eventually killed himself.  

And now we have that same pastors harassment of the Orthodox Christians pursuing its assault here and hoping to corrupt the members of Worthy Christian Forums with the lies that the pastor publishes. And others distribute. 

A pastor that ignorant of church history should be identified as openly as he is identifying himself as a bigot. And as bigots are, he's ignorant as the day is long! 

This below will prove it. Any Christian here who spent any time in the hate speech threads inviting contempt and ridicule to descend on the Orthodox should at least owe it to their Baptism to read below. That way they'll be smarter than the bully pastor about their own religions history.

This is a link from the thread that is posted in the LINKED:Apologetics Board section here.  This is the source for the thread:LINKED:Where did all the Christian denominations come from?

The hubris of the Protestant that thinks theirs is the only true way is sorely misinformed. 

After Jesus Christ and his ministry, his church, there was that which is being targeted by a fallen pastor who bullies a child till that child kills himself. And then he pursues a slanderous campaign against the first church after Christ! Because he hates! Rather than loves as Jesus commanded. The Protestant faith that thinks it has every right to hate in the name of God is over a thousand years late in following God and Jesus Christ! That is HISTORY PEOPLE! 
Slander against the truth be known for what it is! And from the father that brings it life.

Coptic Christians (Egyptian Oriental Orthodox) 451 A.D.

Perhaps the most amazing, strong, and devout followers of Christ on the earth. Just as the Waldensians are the most persecuted of all protestant denominations, the Coptic Christians of Egypt are the most persecuted of ALL Christian denominations, period.

Founded by John-Mark (author of the "Gospel of Mark") in the first century A.D., this church flourished under the authority of the Eastern Church (later to become the Eastern Orthodox church in 1054). At the council of Chalcedon, when the Western "Roman" church began to over reach its authority. This little group of believers was wrongly accused of monophysitism (the Christology that claims that Jesus has one combined nature of God and man). Nothing could be further from the truth as their own creed of faith clearly states that they hold to one Divine nature and one Human nature in perfect unity without mix which is essentially the orthodox position for all of historic biblical Christianity.

They were persecuted by the Western Church (early Roman Catholicism), abandoned by the Eastern Church, and eventually persecuted by the Muslims with heavy taxation, beatings, and martyrdom. Were it not for a letter to Mohammed to "spare the Copts as they are your 'kin;" The Coptic Christians would have possibly been driven out or worse, wiped out. But they survived and still exist today and are constantly in the news for all of the atrocities that the Muslim Brotherhood inflict upon them. They come under heavy persecution and have had survive almost 1500 years of constant attack.

This church is the fulfillment of the Isaiah prophecy that an "altar would be built in the midst of Egypt" and a "pillar placed" - The Coptic Christians are both an altar to the Lord and have had to be a pillar to His glory for 15 centuries!
Edited by Danger Noodle

Guest shiloh357
28 minutes ago, Danger Noodle said:

I remember a remark rebuffing the observation of open bigotry against fellow Christians in thread after thread intending to generate hatred and malice toward Orthodox Christians.

No one has said anything to generate hatred or malice toward the Orthodox Christians.  That is a lie.

And contrary to the actual slander against Coptic Christians that has been pursued on this forum without the dictates of Jesus love for one another, and love for our enemies, as some may see Orthodox Christians,  the ignorance that pursues that slander at a constant basis insures it will not be educated by the facts.

No, that is simply not true.  No one has slandered either the Copts or the Greek Orthodox.  The fact is that there are entire "Christian" denominations that do not teach the true Gospel of Jesus Christ.   There are a lot of Christian denominations that still teach righteousness by works and reject the doctrine of penal substitutionary atonement.  Those that reject the very heart of the Gospel are not Christians by biblical standards.   And it is not slander to say so.   You're making a lot of emotional charges, but they are false.

And now we have that same pastors harassment of the Orthodox Christians pursuing its assault here and hoping to corrupt the members of Worthy Christian Forums with the lies that the pastor publishes. And others distribute. 

You have failed to produce any "lies" that he has told about the Orthodox.  

The hubris of the Protestant that thinks theirs is the only true way is sorely misinformed. 

That is a misframing of what is actually going on.   There is  only one way to be saved, and it is by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone.  The Bible knows no other Gospel.   Salvation is rooted in the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross and there is no other way of salvation.  Faith alone is the only way salvation is obtained.    That's not "Protestant;"  That Bible 101, that is what the Bible teaches.   Any one who fails to trust in Christ alone for salvation is lost.  And it is not slander to say so. 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  311
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

I think there is enough evidence in these forums to speak the truth of what has been observed about a campaign against fellow Christians.

No one is misframing what is posted for all who care to seek it out to read for themselves. In fact, while I have not commented in the many threads that are being generated here to assail Christians, this particular excerpt that she posted rebuffs any claim that animus is not at work in this community.

Taken from the quote box in Danger Noodle's post. "Firstly, we would like to apologize on behalf of Protestants everywhere for overlooking the grave and damning heresies of the Eastern Orthodox tradition, compared to our stalwart protest of Rome."

The author of that work believes himself qualified to speak for Protestants everywhere. I assure you, I respond to this thread because he shall never speak for me.

He knows nothing of the Eastern Orthodox tradition that much is clear when he calls their faith in practice heretical. What is heretical is to violate the tenets of our Lord Christ while assuming the mantel of pastor that which God says shall stand at the judgment and answer to a higher standard than the average member of the faith.  The teachings on love being vacant in that which targets and attacks Christians and seeks to invite ridicule and animus against them. Again and again.

When someone assaults the Eastern Orthodox, the first church in history after that of Christ and his ministry, the example brought forth as a man of God, pastor,  is subject to review by those who are in Christ and are children of God.

There is a great responsibility in being a Christian. The first not to be ignored is to behave as one.

Thank you sister for promoting the Apologetics forum and the history of the denominations post that I made there. It is unfortunate that it has received so little positive feedback concerning the actual true history of the Eastern Orthodox . And the Great Schism that is responsible for the denomination so many of us know today. Especially when the opposite of its truth is made popular by attention that darkness invites.

God's blessings,

J.

6 hours ago, Yowm said:

I'm glad Paul didn't take that attitude with the Church at Corinth which was messed up morally, pridefully, selfishly and every which way. Instead he knew God's grace was greater still and could overcome sin. Thus he addressed them as saints...

1 Corinthians 1:2 KJV
[2] Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:

1 Corinthians 1:30 KJV
[30] But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

Romans 12:10 Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor.

What a glorious observation and recollection to bring into this discussion brother. Thank you.

May the words of our beloved brother Paul herald a change of heart for the saints that do not speak as saints of saints when speaking of members of the eastern church.
Paul's letters to the church in Corinth Greece is a mighty sending of our Savior in these troubled times here. Thank you again.

God's blessings, J.

1 Thessalonians 5:12-13 We ask you, brothers, to respect those who labor among you and are over you in the Lord and admonish you, and to esteem them very highly in love because of their work. Be at peace among yourselves.

Guest shiloh357
Just now, JoshuasonFlower said:

Romans 12:10 Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor.

What a glorious observation and recollection to bring into this discussion brother. Thank you.

May the words of our beloved brother Paul herald a change of heart for the saints that do not speak as saints of saints when speaking of members of the eastern church.
Paul's letters to the church in Corinth Greece is a mighty sending of our Savior in these troubled times here. Thank you again.

God's blessings, J.

1 Thessalonians 5:12-13 We ask you, brothers, to respect those who labor among you and are over you in the Lord and admonish you, and to esteem them very highly in love because of their work. Be at peace among yourselves.

The eastern church is full of false theology and a false "gospel"  and they truly need Christ.    It is not hateful to say that.  They founded on as much error as RCC.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  318
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, Yowm said:
12 hours ago, Danger Noodle said:

I'm glad Paul didn't take that attitude with the Church at Corinth which was messed up morally, pridefully, selfishly and every which way. Instead he knew God's grace was greater still and could overcome sin. Thus he addressed them as saints...

I don't know, but Paul's attitude was to correct what he said was a moral cesspool. I think that you are both right. Identify the problem, and try to fix it. But unlike Paul, I am offered no authority to fix it!