IGNORED

why don't christians build their brethren up?

a tryer

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

9 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

It is always my intention to build and or help others on this forum.  I don't ever log in here with the attitude of lets see who I can tear apart today. But I seem to get misunderstood a lot. Then I get caught up in the whole thing and lose myself altogether. I am an imperfect being. 

I know the feeling...sure it is the pull of the devil thro the guise of the brethren. Take heart, dear sister...He is your strength

10 minutes ago, JoshuasonFlower said:

I wouldn't agree with that in its entirety. Certainly those who are not in Christ will absorb darkness when they let themselves endure dark places.
But what of the sisters and brothers who are missionaries in dangerous places? Those countries that are hostile to our faith? Especially in the early centuries when for instance Jesuit brothers would enter into ancient Japan and minister the word of the Christian God.

That very dark place wherein the Japanese authorities would torture those missionaries for daring to speak the truth of our Lord Christ did not turn those brothers dark. They gave their lives as martyrs so as to deliver the light of truth to a fallen people.

Those missionaries that enter into any hostile pagan lands to this day. They live among the people , maintain their resolve to bring the good news to tribes, and cultures, that do not have this. That environment does not turn them dark. It inspires their resolve ever more to bring the light does it not?

agree, it's the distasteful that need the flavour of salt

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  311
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

3 minutes ago, a tryer said:

very true, love sometimes to guide and sometimes to encourage...have the grace of God in one word. i am in a wheelchair and last week I was going to church and got stuck on the on-ramp...lucky day for came by a christian on way to church. He went by say "morning mate" :( ...hard not to yell at him!

I would have helped you while bidding you good morning. I would suggest you not feel bad for being upset at that. Remember, even Jesus had a temper.

I run into all sorts in my travels. I'm a people watcher. I sit at outdoor cafe's and feed the squirrels and birds pieces of bread or seeds and I enjoy watching how we of the human community interact with one another in relative comparison to the squirrels and birds at my feet. It's an interesting comparison.

Squirrels and birds will flap and dart one among the other seeking out the bread and seed. When they find a patch of plenty they'll sit together and eat at their leisure. No one of the bird or squirrel being greedy or offensive to another. They share the large area of sustenance and each has their own little bounty before them. Side by side bird and squirrel feast in peace.

But watch the people at the cafe as they enjoy their finger sandwiches and drink. Packages purchased at the boutiques nearby rest in decorative bags at their feet. They have money because those shops sell very expensive things.

A homeless man digging in the garbage bin near a coffee shop hoping to quench his thirst with someone's discard. Perhaps sate his hunger with the sliver of bread thrown from a sandwich into the rubbish. Let that vagrant who's so desperate to survive approach any one at those tiny outdoor cafe tables and see the comparison between the mannerism of squirrels and birds disappear as human meets human. Those that have and those that have not.
Name calling, accusations like, get away, what's wrong with you? You stink. Take a bath. Get a job!

The calloused hands tremble, the tired eyes that have seen far too much at any age, but especially when looking to spend another night in a cardboard box in an alley well up with tears. He's just been told he has no right to ask for help to exist.

Pray for that one that did not see you needed help up the ramp brother. There's hope in his heart when at least from his mouth he bid you good morning. Not everyone see's what is there needing to be seen. But that they see something at all is a blessing that says there's hope for next time.

May God keep you in his protection, bless you with his strength, and bring peace to you always,

J.

7 minutes ago, a tryer said:

agree, it's the distasteful that need the flavour of salt

Amen, indeed.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

2 minutes ago, JoshuasonFlower said:

I wouldn't agree with that in its entirety. Certainly those who are not in Christ will absorb darkness when they let themselves endure dark places.
But what of the sisters and brothers who are missionaries in dangerous places? Those countries that are hostile to our faith? Especially in the early centuries when for instance Jesuit brothers would enter into ancient Japan and minister the word of the Christian God.

That very dark place wherein the Japanese authorities would torture those missionaries for daring to speak the truth of our Lord Christ did not turn those brothers dark. They gave their lives as martyrs so as to deliver the light of truth to a fallen people.

Those missionaries that enter into any hostile pagan lands to this day. They live among the people , maintain their resolve to bring the good news to tribes, and cultures, that do not have this. That environment does not turn them dark. It inspires their resolve ever more to bring the light does it not?

Those who partake of His work in evil places still need to find rest in Him.  It is when people think they can last forever, or have the strength to continue when they start to feel the strength begin to have an affect, that evil starts to creep in without notice.  Nobody is above temptation.  Ask Peter when you see him.

There is also a mission field here on the boards where evil has taken hold.  Complacent people are his first target, thinking they are safe when they are not.  They take their eye off Him and wander off on their own into places they choose without His guidance as they begin to listen to their flesh over His all so quiet whispers.  Satan feeds the flesh with as he knows the humans weaknesses, playing with each of us until he knows where the weakest spots are. 

You see, the most evil place there ever will be is in our hearts of flesh.  Scripture tells us that we are created into His image, but that is only true when it is fed by following His will, not our own.

6 minutes ago, JoshuasonFlower said:

J.

I prayed this week for friends, for everyone has deserted me (save 3 or 4). Thank you J. I am off for a ride now but I sensed you were a man of integrity. You anthropology gift was from God

9 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Those who partake of His work in evil places still need to find rest in Him.  It is when people think they can last forever, or have the strength to continue when they start to feel the strength begin to have an affect, that evil starts to creep in without notice.  Nobody is above temptation.  Ask Peter when you see him.

There is also a mission field here on the boards where evil has taken hold.  Complacent people are his first target, thinking they are safe when they are not.  They take their eye off Him and wander off on their own into places they choose without His guidance as they begin to listen to their flesh over His all so quiet whispers.  Satan feeds the flesh with as he knows the humans weaknesses, playing with each of us until he knows where the weakest spots are. 

You see, the most evil place there ever will be is in our hearts of flesh.  Scripture tells us that we are created into His image, but that is only true when it is fed by following His will, not our own.

Evil flourishes where it is permitted to find purchase. I take my comfort and my strength always from God's word. The Christian sealed with God's Holy Spirit is equipped in this world. His word tells me in Ephesians 6:11 to put on the whole armor of God, that I may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. And I believe that instruction is there to refer to all who dwell in him.

Evil does not take hold in that one indwelt with the Holy Spirit. How can the Devil and God occupy the same space? The darkness and the light. Were it not for the darkness we would have no awareness of light. Once we are aware of the light, the shadow becomes easier to discern.

We walk in flesh and bone. But we are empowered and protected by the Spirit of Holy God. Missionaries of The Way visit places where evil has taken hold and they seek to lead people willing to find the light out of that darkness.  When the mission field belongs to God how does God's armored warriors of the faith permit evil to enter in? The number of the righteous outnumber the number of the enemy do they not?

7 minutes ago, a tryer said:

I prayed this week for friends, for everyone has deserted me (save 3 or 4). Thank you J. I am off for a ride now but I sensed you were a man of integrity. You anthropology gift was from God

Be blessed my brother.

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

Well, I can't speak for anyone but myself, and I do my best to encourage any person I can.  Can't say that I always do, but no one is perfect.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, a tryer said:

this is a puzzle, I thought we should have that attitude?

dinner2.jpg

Do you have some suggestions for brothers and sisters in Christ to build up each other?

26 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Do you have some suggestions for brothers and sisters in Christ to build up each other?

we all need the Word so often speak prophetic words of scripture...God is IN His word, we don't need to be a "prophet" wash each other with truth in this world of lies! have you an idea?