IGNORED

Eastern Orthodoxy vs. Biblical Christianity

Guest shiloh357

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, Jeff2 said:

Evangelicals cannot fathom why an attack against a Roman Catholic or Eastern Orthodox believer is seen as coming from someone who just gets it wrong. Yet, Roman Catholic and Eastern Orthodox believers cannot understand why an Evangelical cannot see that they are unbiblical and wrong.

Perhaps one should try on the other's colored glasses awhile and they might see things more clearly from both sides.

the RCC and EO are wrong because they rely on tradition and not Scripture.   I don't need to see anything from their side.  I have the Bible and I simply need to see it from God's side.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  318
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

Just now, shiloh357 said:

Except that James is not talking about how we are saved.  Faith without works is dead when it comes to our profession of faith.  If you are relying on your works in addition to faith get saved, you're not saved.  Works save no one.

Wrong! As James plainly says, if you have a workless faith, it cannot save you. A faith without works cannot save.

Guest shiloh357
Just now, Jeff2 said:

Wrong! As James plainly says, if you have a workless faith, it cannot save you. A faith without works cannot save.

Genuine faith will produce works, is what James is saying.  He is not saying we are saved by works.   We are saved by the faith alone that produces good works in the life of the believer.   Read your Bible.

2 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

I asked you before to prove that faith alone is "Gnostic."  So far you have failed to back up your claim.

I don't recall that specific challenge, but allow me to do one better, the only place that "faith alone" is addressed in Scripture is James 2:17. 

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, Jeff2 said:

I don't recall that specific challenge, but allow me to do one better, the only place that "faith alone" is addressed in Scripture is James 2:17. 

Well, I did.   And I will renew that challenge.   Present sources for review that justification by faith alone is Gnostic.  Produce the sources or simply concede that your claim is false.

5 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

It's not a man-made creed.  It is biblical truth and the true Gospel, which many reject.

You have replaced the Gospel with your version of salvation by works, called Doctrinal Regeneration.

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

Well, I did.   And I will renew that challenge.   Present sources for review that justification by faith alone is Gnostic.  Produce the sources or simply concede that your claim is false.

OK, I never said that "Faith Alone" was Gnostic. But I find it odd that you pursue a distraction instead of believing the Bible.

It is however connected to Gnosticism's dualism between matter and spirit. Faith Alone (which I have proved is condemned in Scripture), suggests that one is saved purely on gnosis, and that things done in the realm of the material are inconsequential.

Guest shiloh357
2 minutes ago, Jeff2 said:

OK, I never said that "Faith Alone" was Gnostic. But I find it odd that you pursue a distraction instead of believing the Bible.

It is however connected to Gnosticism's dualism between matter and spirit. Faith Alone (which I have proved is condemned in Scripture), suggests that one is saved purely on gnosis, and that things done in the realm of the material are inconsequential.

You said that justification by faith alone (imputed righteousness)  is a Gnostic belief.   I am challenging you to back that up.   Let's see some documentation for review that backs up your claim.

10 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Genuine faith will produce works, is what James is saying.  He is not saying we are saved by works.   We are saved by the faith alone that produces good works in the life of the believer.   Read your Bible.

So, you concede:

1) Genuine saving faith produces works.

2) Without works, no one is saved.

3) Saving faith is never "alone."

So, why teach the man-made antinomian doctrine of Luther as if the Bible ever teaches it? Why make a humanistic creed your basis of salvation? The Bible states that we are saved by grace through faith. Adding antinomian doctrine to it is not the Gospel. 

Guest shiloh357
10 minutes ago, Jeff2 said:

You have replaced the Gospel with your version of salvation by works, called Doctrinal Regeneration.

Doctrinal Regeneration?  No, not me.  I have never espoused that.