• Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

On Wednesday, May 03, 2017 at 8:31 PM, wingnut- said:

Amen 

Amen indeed!!!!!

Thank you all.

Thank you daughter of grace for sharing your testimony.

I believe when we fail God and curse him we feel shamed and hid from him further, but like any loving parent he will bring us near, explain and guide. Always keeping us in his love.

Thank you again guys!!!!!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

On 4/27/2017 at 10:11 AM, notsolostsoul said:

When hearing or reading the words just seem like lies. When the word bares no substance within. When the word seems to just be empty. What do you do?

I hope I'm getting your drift, so here goes:

First off, I NEVER EVER question whether the Word is a lie. I know better.

Whenever I'm experiencing a dryness when reading the word, I find other ways to praise and enjoy the Lord.  Music is big with me, such as Paul Wilbur.  In addition, trying to say or do a good work is invigorating as well, especially if there is sacrifice in the work. And of course, I try to tell God everything I am feeling since He is my Father and I am His child, and never ashamed to ask Him to "strengthen me in my inner man."

But, here is my best way for me to find refreshment in God's word......I have communion at home. I get some bread and some wine and I take such in REMEMBRANCE of Him.....remembering what Jesus did for me about 2000 years ago. When I remember and think upon that, my heart melts with indescribable joy.....why does God love me so much that he would do such for me? 

He loves me........ (he loves the whole world)! 

I hope this helps a bit,

spock

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  80
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

On 4/27/2017 at 10:11 AM, notsolostsoul said:

When hearing or reading the words just seem like lies. When the word bares no substance within. When the word seems to just be empty. What do you do?

Maybe that's God's way of telling you to spend time finding him for a personal relationship. Rather than reading from the Bible thinking that is going to link what is innately part of you as his creation. 
I've met Christians that say they believe in God. When I ask them if they are assured of his Holy Spirit's presence within themselves they look at me like I'm suddenly speaking a different language. Then they chuckle a little. They're clueless as to what that means. 

My dad calls that, "book learnt". They find their god by reading about him or her but they have no idea what it is to be one with what gave them life. 

Maybe God is asking you to find his Spirit on a personal level. Quiet your mind, meditate, take a walk, pray, stop thinking about how to know God and just be in the presence of God.  
Trust yourself to let go. God is everywhere you know. Find your personal connection with the Father so that you have faith because you know God is real. :) 
I hope you're still here. I would like to hear more from you as you sort this out. 

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

22 minutes ago, Fridaywinds said:

Maybe that's God's way of telling you to spend time finding him for a personal relationship. Rather than reading from the Bible thinking that is going to link what is innately part of you as his creation. 
I've met Christians that say they believe in God. When I ask them if they are assured of his Holy Spirit's presence within themselves they look at me like I'm suddenly speaking a different language. Then they chuckle a little. They're clueless as to what that means. 

My dad calls that, "book learnt". They find their god by reading about him or her but they have no idea what it is to be one with what gave them life. 

Maybe God is asking you to find his Spirit on a personal level. Quiet your mind, meditate, take a walk, pray, stop thinking about how to know God and just be in the presence of God.  
Trust yourself to let go. God is everywhere you know. Find your personal connection with the Father so that you have faith because you know God is real. :) 
I hope you're still here. I would like to hear more from you as you sort this out. 

How would one know about the Holy Spirit or Jesus if we had no scripture to teach us?  We can see God everywhere, but specifics, as salvation, would be unknown.  I see the combination of scripture and the strong personal relationship vital to our relationship in Him.  "Book learnt" can be useful as the Holy Spirit will bring back to our remembrance all Christ said.  Trying to remove anyone from scripture is dangerous.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  260
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

I think the argument that God can only be known through books is dangerous. Idolatrous even. 

1 minute ago, Happinessity said:

I think the argument that God can only be known through books is dangerous. Idolatrous even. 

God uses His words to teach us about Him.  To follow scripture without accepting God is dangerous, yet we cannot have one without the other for "All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,  that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work." 2 Timothy 3:16-17

3 minutes ago, OneLight said:

God uses His words to teach us about Him.  To follow scripture without accepting God is dangerous, yet we cannot have one without the other for "All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,  that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work." 2 Timothy 3:16-17

What of people before the invention of writing? 
Did God not exist then? Were they unaware of God? Was Paul speaking in error when he said that nature itself is evidence of God? 

Just now, Happinessity said:

What of people before the invention of writing? 
Did God not exist then? Were they unaware of God? Was Paul speaking in error when he said that nature itself is evidence of God? 

God reached them in a different way than He does today.  Nobody is saying anything different.  How do you view scripture?

13 minutes ago, OneLight said:

God reached them in a different way than He does today.  Nobody is saying anything different.  How do you view scripture?

Yes, I agree. 

Guest Teditis

I agree that many Christians (especially those that call themselves Fundamentalists) put more emphasis on being "book-learnt"

than they do in actually living out God's Will in practical ways. They "know" about Faith but don't show an abundance of living it out.

Still, I believe that it's important to stay in the Word as much as possible, in order to work hand-in-hand with the Holy Spirit and to

keep God's Laws and Precepts etched into our hearts.