notsolostsoul

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  80
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

I think what is being communicated here is that there are a great many versions of the Bible on the markets today. And as we know there are Bible publishers that have made news choosing to edit certain words out of scripture in order to not offend Muslims of all things. 

As such, the claim that the only way to know God is through the Bible is not only unable to be defended by God's own words. But it also gives authority of publishers to argument peoples method of finding the one true God merely by editing out those words that mean everything in describing God. 

NEW BIBLE YANKS 'FATHER,' JESUS AS 'SON OF GOD'

Islam-sensitive project ignites controversy, online petition

Published: 01/30/2012 at 8:54 PM
Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2012/01/new-bible-yanks-father-jesus-as-son-of-god/#WQmlYvBoDqmOhyuo.99

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

On 5/6/2017 at 2:55 PM, Teditis said:

I agree that many Christians (especially those that call themselves Fundamentalists) put more emphasis on being "book-learnt"

than they do in actually living out God's Will in practical ways. They "know" about Faith but don't show an abundance of living it out.

Still, I believe that it's important to stay in the Word as much as possible, in order to work hand-in-hand with the Holy Spirit and to

keep God's Laws and Precepts etched into our hearts.

Regretfully, you make a good point here. There are some fundamentalist (your term) that kind of forget to love your neighbor as yourself, severely criticizing their leaders instead of praying for them, and always quick to judge someone else's relationship with the Lord (salvation.). I know, because for a long time, I was one of them! (Said while ducking) 

On 4/27/2017 at 4:42 PM, notsolostsoul said:

I don't like labelling myself as a born again Christian. I know too many of those and see how many of them just claim it but do not attempt to live it. 

I do have a relationship with God or I did have one. I do believe in the purpose of Jesus and his messages. 

I was there wholeheartedly in my faith and even believed God wanted me to write a book for him. 

Yet about 2+ years ago I was afflicted with a situation. I seeked God to correct me if I was wrong in my feelings and thoughts. He showed me I was correct and even gave me promises of him taking care of the affliction and those involved.

However as previously stated that was 2+ years ago and so far he has done nothing to what he promised. Actually the affliction has gotten worse. Consumed more than originally and continues to prosper in the very ways he promised they wouldn't.

I get that the Devil lies and tries every way possible to discredit God and his word, but these promises were from God. I am sure like Moses was or Noah.

I originally doubted that these words were from him but through countless confirmation and messages, God verified it was him and his words and his promises.

So here I am still waiting for the basics of his promise and I get nothing. He reiterated his promises to me as recent as last month. Yet still nothing but the opposite has occured. 

From the fact that nothing has come of his promises I have lost faith and trust in him. So now everything I see or hear or even seek of him is just like "blah blah blah, yeah right". 

I hate that my relationship with him has been reduced to this, but I find it extremely hard to trust when he can't hold to his own words.

This has led me to no longer want to write the book he asked me to. I can't write about God being Truth when he himself holds to no truth. 

I didn't ask for these promises he gave me. He said he would give me what I asked and then more. He said it was already done. Yet nothing.

I know I sound like an ungrateful soul. Or someone who I'd just frustrated with the wait or disappointment of it not happening the way I want. 

This is not the case. It is not about me not getting what I want. It is about why would God promise and then not hold true. 

Even for the sake of argument, these promises were from the Devil in deceit. Why in all this time that I have been seeking God, he not reveal the truth to me? Why leave me in a situation where matters are getting worse?

It says he won't forsake or leave. Yet he hasn't even held to those. At least not to me.

Notso,

I do appreciate your brutal honesty here. That is what a discussion board (especially like this) should be about.....being able to unload questions, concerns, frustrations, joys, victories, losses, etc with people of like minds. 

I am not going to pretend I have any word of encouragement for you now because honestly, I don't. (I trust others may have a word of knowledge for you that I don't seem to have. Sorry.) So whenever I feel at a loss, I do what the only thing I can do besides pray for you..........

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Big hug)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Just know this, reading your pain is now my pain. I'm sorry sis......sigh!

spock

Edited by Spock

On 5/3/2017 at 7:45 PM, daughterofGrace said:

notsolostsoul wrote:

I feel stupid because I knew these things of him before, yet still fell apart.

My response:

You don't sound stupid to me.  You sound normal.  Maybe that's because I can really relate to all of your posts here.  You wrote in one that you were really angry with God at one point.  I hear you!  I've been down that road myself.  I was in a car accident that left me disabled and in constant pain.  Man!  Was I angry at God about that!  I prayed that, if he wasn't going to heal me, then he should take me home to him.  For a year and a half, I didn't read my Bible.  I would go to church, but I couldn't sing the hymns.  I couldn't participate in the Lord's Supper.  And when the pastor preached about God's love, I'd think, "Yeah, right.  He loves me.  That's why I'm crippled and in excruciating pain!"

Before that horrible accident (a woman went through a red light, smashed into me, turning my car sideways so that a car coming in the opposite direction hit me on the other side), I would spend hours in prayer.  I would have to set a timer to make myself stop praying and get on with the business of the day.  But as I said, the only thing I prayed for after that accident was for God to take me home to him.  I didn't pray anything else and I prayed it in rage.  I was so angry at God that I cursed him -- twice.

Then one day, I was overwhelmed by the desire to sit with God the way I had prior to my accident.  But I thought, "How can I do that?  Why would he want to spend time with me after all the rage I have spewed on to him and how I have told him over and over and over again that I hated him for allowing that accident to happen?"

Then my eyes fell on my Bible, a book I hadn't opened in a year and a half.  I felt this urgent desire to read it.  I picked it up and flipped it open.  Now I have to tell you that I have never been one of those people who flip a Bible open, expecting to find the answer to a prayer on that page because that's where God pointed me.  So imagine my surprise when I read the one and only verse highlighted on either page and how it spoke to my need right then and there.  I had highlighted that one verse a long, long time before.  It was in the book of Daniel.  And it said, "You can come to me, not because of your righteousness, but because of my great mercy."

I burst into tears.  God was inviting me back to fellowship with him, not because I deserved it, but because he loved me.  That changed everything for me.  I now realize that there is only one way to assess the love of God -- through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the cross.

And this passage from Romans became real to me:

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[a] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord" (Rom. 8:38-39).

Basically, it's saying that we should never judge Christ's love on the basis of our circumstances, whether good or bad.

There are still times when God seems awfully quiet to me and then, suddenly, he'll break through the silence in the most astounding way.

So don't get discouraged, notsolostsoul.  Just hang in there! 

Grace,

OMG!!!!!!!! Reading this was soooooo gut wrenching, yet so real that we all can relate to. Thank you for sharing this. Your testimony here has encouraged me greatly because I see Gods love even more working through you. I am sorry about your accident. I love you, sis.

proud to be your brother.

spock

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Back to the OP.  If I have a moment of doubt, all I have to do is look at my husband and how God has changed him from an angry man to a gentle loving man.  Or I look at myself.  God replaced the hatred I had for those who condemned me into compassion for them, knowing how miserable it is to be self righteously condemning of others.  He showed me the ugliness of my own sin and intolerance.  

On 5/3/2017 at 5:01 PM, wingnut- said:

Dear notsolostsoul,

I am so very thrilled to hear this wonderful report from you.  You have made my day, as you have been in my prayers since I first read some of your words on this forum.  You are a daughter of the King of Kings, never forget that.  Our enemy is relentless, but you are an overcomer, a child of God.

His timing is a mystery to us, but He is faithful.  Continue to fight the good fight, God bless you.

Ephesians 6:11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; 18 praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints—

Great words, brother.  (I wish I had said them.) ?

Edited by Spock

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

Just now, Spock said:

Great words, sister. (I wish I had said them.) ?

Hey, I'm a brother! :o  Thanks, but all glory belongs to the Lord.

God bless brother

2 minutes ago, wingnut- said:

Hey, I'm a brother! :o  Thanks, but all glory belongs to the Lord.

God bless brother

Oooops, me bad.  It seems like everyone on this thread is a sister, I got caught up in all the estrogen.  Lol

pS I edited my post. 

Edited by Spock

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

1 minute ago, Spock said:

Oooops, me bad.  It seems like everyone on this thread is a sister, I got caught up in all the estrogen.  Lol

No problem, I have been away for awhile so I can understand how you would forget lol.

Guest Teditis
9 hours ago, Spock said:

Regretfully, you make a good point here. There are some fundamentalist (your term) that kind of forget to love your neighbor as yourself, severely criticizing their leaders instead of praying for them, and always quick to judge someone else's relationship with the Lord (salvation.). I know, because for a long time, I was one of them! (Said while ducking) 

So was I Spock... kudos to you for confessing it in front of others.

When I first got Saved, I was on fire for the Lord and regretfully I burned others in my zeal.

Now in my old age I've settled down some and looked hard at how I "live out" the New Life

that God gave me. I've still got a lot of growing to do but I'm glad that I'm not what I used to be.