• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

1 minute ago, PlanetChee said:

:wub: Neil Anderson put it so beautifully didn't he? Thank you for sharing his work here. Blessings, 

He out of all people knows that Christians can be oppressed.... but not possessed 

It was nice to meet you in chat yesterday :)

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

8 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Yes, I agree we need to understand how the words are used when it was written/spoken.  The phrase, To put on - enduo (G1746)

en (G1722) means "in"

duo (G1416) means "to sink into, go in or under, to put on".

To put on as a garment, to cause to get into a garment, to cloth, to dress; spoken of armor in Romans 13:12; Ephesians 6:11, 14; 1 Thessalonians 5:8

If we are to put on, it is something we have to do and is not automatic.  This is the reason why people do become oppressed as they did not put on the whole armor of God, not do they always wear it and ensure it is full of strength, which in found in Christ.

1 John 4:4
You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.

3 minutes ago, angels4u said:

He out of all people knows that Christians can be oppressed.... but not possessed 

It was nice to meet you in chat yesterday :)

Thank you. It was lovely to meet and speak with you in chat also. :) Blessings, 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

16 minutes ago, PlanetChee said:

You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.

As a child of God you did overcome the devil but he will still try to deceive you if he could....that's called oppression...he will try...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

48 minutes ago, PlanetChee said:

I know one thing in my whole walk with Christ is that He will never allow a person to enter into anything they cannot handle.

1 Corinthians 10:13

No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.

I personally know demonic oppression, as well as many other Christians.  This comes from being on the front lines of the battle.  I am pleased to hear that you have never been so close to the enemy and have been blessed with such safety.  What I don't understand is why you feel you cannot accept this reality and have to convince others that there is no such thing when they know different, first hand?

29 minutes ago, OneLight said:

What I don't understand is why you feel you cannot accept this reality and have to convince others that there is no such thing when they know different, first hand?

I'll say this with all respect, as it is able to be read here by anyone who would care to go back a page or two and read my posts. I entered into this discussion with you because you asked me to elaborate on my beliefs about Satan , his influence in this world, the armor of God. And my personal beliefs and relationship with Jesus Christ. 

I did that. I answered from the personal perspective that you were aware of the questions you asked about the above subjects. This in no wise then means what you have stated in the quote above bolded text is true. I did not ever try or feel I had to convince others there is no such thing. I shared from a personal perspective, as was stated early on when we began this talk. You and I. 

I do not therefore understand why you feel the need to misrepresent what I've stated when you asked me my personal opinion on the topic first. 

My personal relationship with Jesus, my personal sharing here as I have done, in no wise dismisses anyone elses experiences. I never said it did. I never implied it did. What I stated, as is evident pages back , is my personal relationship perspective. 

I'll say this with all respect, as it is able to be read here by anyone who would care to go back a page or two and read my posts. I entered into this discussion with you because you asked me to elaborate on my beliefs about Satan , his influence in this world, the armor of God. And my personal beliefs and relationship with Jesus Christ.

The discussion started when I disagreed with your claim that Satan can never influence a child of God.  Here are the words I stood against.

10 hours ago, PlanetChee said:

The whole world lies in the power of Satan. And Satan operates with God's permission but within certain parameters. He cannot influence the sons and daughters of God . Only those who are the unbelievers, the fallen, those who are not saved.

What I put in bold and underlined is why I entered into this discussion as I feel strongly that claims such as these keep our brothers and sisters off guard as a slumbering watchman on the wall, not ready for battle, disbelieving the enemy can strike.

I did that. I answered from the personal perspective that you were aware of the questions you asked about the above subjects. This in no wise then means what you have stated in the quote above bolded text is true. I did not ever try or feel I had to convince others there is no such thing. I shared from a personal perspective, as was stated early on when we began this talk. You and I. 

I do not therefore understand why you feel the need to misrepresent what I've stated when you asked me my personal opinion on the topic first.

I did not misrepresent what you said, I brought it into the open.  Did you make the post I quoted where you said "He cannot influence the sons and daughters of God."?  In the following posts where we discussed this statement, you continued to state that Satan cannot influence, which is teaching what you believe.  We all teach when we make statements like that, as I was teaching my belief when I said that Satan can oppress a person.

I am sorry you feel that you have been somehow misaligned.  Let the people read the discussion and come to their own conclusion as I feel you are taking this too personally.

4 minutes ago, OneLight said:

The discussion started when I disagreed with your claim that Satan can never influence a child of God.  Here are the words I stood against.

What I put in bold and underlined is why I entered into this discussion as I feel strongly that claims such as these keep our brothers and sisters off guard as a slumbering watchman on the wall, not ready for battle, disbelieving the enemy can strike.

I did not misrepresent what you said, I brought it into the open.  Did you make the post I quoted where you said "He cannot influence the sons and daughters of God."?  In the following posts where we discussed this statement, you continued to state that Satan cannot influence, which is teaching what you believe.  We all teach when we make statements like that, as I was teaching my belief when I said that Satan can oppress a person.

I am sorry you feel that you have been somehow misaligned.  Let the people read the discussion and come to their own conclusion as I feel you are taking this too personally.

No , you misrepresented what I said.  And that is very personal. Just as you would believe it so if I misrepresented what you said about your faith and beliefs and practice as a Christian. And I accept your apology. 

8 hours ago, PlanetChee said:

No , you misrepresented what I said.  And that is very personal. Just as you would believe it so if I misrepresented what you said about your faith and beliefs and practice as a Christian. And I accept your apology. 

I take people at their word.  When someone says something is hot, to me they mean it is hot.  I would not be misrepresenting them if I claimed they said it was hot.  You said Satan cannot influence the sons and daughters of God.  I am not representing you by claiming you said Satan cannot influence the sons and daughters of God.

An apology is admitting doing something wrong.  I did not say I did anything wrong.  I said I was sorry that you felt you had been misaligned.  I think a better way to of said what I did was to say it saddens me that you feel you have been misaligned.

3 hours ago, OneLight said:

I take people at their word.  When someone says something is hot, to me they mean it is hot.  I would not be misrepresenting them if I claimed they said it was hot.  You said Satan cannot influence the sons and daughters of God.  I am not representing you by claiming you said Satan cannot influence the sons and daughters of God.

An apology is admitting doing something wrong.  I did not say I did anything wrong.  I said I was sorry that you felt you had been misaligned.  I think a better way to of said what I did was to say it saddens me that you feel you have been misaligned.

What should sadden you is that you misrepresented my faith. And insist you are correct in doing so. And that you "exposed" "it". 

You did no such thing as pertains to my faith.

As you said, the dialog is there for all to read. Now true, I did misspeak when I said, I never said either, pertaining to oppression or possession being possible by Satan. I misread and for that I am wrong and apologize. However, the rest of my personal testimony of faith and belief concerning the body of this OP topic is accurate and there to read as just that and at your request that I explain my personal beliefs further. PERSONAL BELIEF. 

With your asking me more and more questions about that I expounded more and more. That in no way is any attempt from the platform of personal belief to :

12 hours ago, OneLight said:

What I don't understand is why you feel you cannot accept this reality and have to convince others that there is no such thing when they know different, first hand?

I never attempted to convince others that there was no such thing. Never! In fact, members can read others posts as to their personal experience here in this thread. I never once posted anything to them. Nor did I post anything that in any way could be inferred as attempting to convince them they are wrong. Personal experience! We all have them. Personal faith. We all have that. 

I can understand why in the quote above you said you don't understand why I cannot accept "this" reality. 

Because your reality does not speak for or to mine. Though it tries. And then it tries to malign my faith by claiming I disrespect others faith and experience with this particular topic and attempt to convince them they are wrong. The evidence speaks for that never happening. Never. 

I've clarified my position as is in evidence in my posts here. I will not defend myself against false witness. You may not apologize as you claim , but I forgive you anyway . 

May the light of the Father lead your path to all blessings and peace in the name of his precious and beloved son Immanuel, Jesus the Christ. Amen.