IGNORED

THE MODESTY DEBATE

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, other one said:

The beast will be encouraged anyway so why should we put the blame on something else. What we need to focus on is teaching people to control our hormones....  those hormones are going to be there no matter.  Then there are the outright perverts that are just perverts no matter.   So why put the blame on what someone wears.  They didn't create the pervert.

No, but people need to make sure that they are walking and living circumspectly and modestly.   They need to make sure they are not doing something to invite the problem into their lives.  If a woman dresses modestly and a guy still lusts after her, that is 100% on him.    But if she is flaunting her assets, and wearing provocative clothing, she bears some degree of blame for the problem.  She encouraged it by her immodest dress.

It works that way in any other context.   If you go up and slap the biggest guy in the room a couple of times, and he hauls off and punches you in the face, you can't really claim that you were 100% innocent.   If you incite, you bear some of the blame.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

9 minutes ago, other one said:

The beast will be encouraged anyway so why should we put the blame on something else. What we need to focus on is teaching people to control our hormones....  those hormones are going to be there no matter.  Then there are the outright perverts that are just perverts no matter.   So why put the blame on what someone wears.  They didn't create the pervert.

But what has happened to good character, integrity, morals and values?

Guest shiloh357
4 hours ago, LadyKay said:

I think modesty is in the eye of the beholder.

No, it is not.   Modesty is what it is.  Modesty is not some undefinable, nebulous concept that can't understood or grasped.  It's not a mystery.   How could the Bible command modesty, if no one really knows what it is?

Modesty is in line with biblical holiness.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

Public displays of nudity dishonors God. A Christian should not be a nudist.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,187
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

11 minutes ago, Davida said:

My pt is I don't just believe the anecdotal claims of some anonymous nudist saying that they are all so morally squeaky clean and faithful and they all don't lust or leer & similarly the implying that Christians should be as righteous.  My skepticism says ..Give me a break....please.....just a little one? or let the pendulum go the other way....Gee why didn't God just promote nudity after the fall,  if it and not God's instructional word is such a buttress against lusting and sexual immorality?  Seems to me God knows people's hearts better then we do, and His Word & His Spirit are given to be our buttress against temptation.

I only said those that I talked to said that, and remarked that friends that I had made in church could not say that.

I still say that modesty is not the problem,  sick spirits is,......  and putting everyone in burka will not solve the problem.

Guest shiloh357
15 minutes ago, Davida said:

My pt is I don't just believe the anecdotal claims of some anonymous nudist saying that they are all so morally squeaky clean and faithful and they all don't lust or leer & similarly the implying that Christians should be as righteous.  My skepticism says ..Give me a break....please.....just a little one? or let the pendulum go the other way....Gee why didn't God just promote nudity after the fall,  if it and not God's instructional word is such a buttress against lusting and sexual immorality?  Seems to me God knows people's hearts better then we do, and His Word & His Spirit are given to be our buttress against temptation.

Yes, I am the same way.   You can bet that there is all kinds of sexual immorality and junk going on at nudist camps.   It is a filthy place.  I don't believe the claims that they don't have sex in those places with whoever arouses them.

Guest shiloh357
23 minutes ago, other one said:

I still say that modesty is not the problem,  sick spirits is,......  and putting everyone in burka will not solve the problem.

Immodesty is part of the problem.   Modesty will not keep someone from lusting if they are bent on it.   That does not absolve people from dressing and behaving modestly.

9 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Modesty is part of the problem.   Modesty will not keep someone from lusting if they are bent on it.   That does not absolve people from dressing and behaving modestly.

It doesn't solve any problems either especially spiritual ones.

Guest shiloh357
9 minutes ago, other one said:

It doesn't solve any problems either especially spiritual ones.

It's not about solving problems.  It is about not contributing to problems.

But most people don't deal with the real problem.

I do agree God really doesn't want us running around in the buff or he wouldn't have given Adam and Eve furry.  But we have no idea if those clothes were bikinis or burka, so one must draw lines for themselves.  But if you want to go conservative then we should do the burka.....  and since in my 70 years I know about as many women with this problem, I would say that is for men also..

As an example I would speak for myself.  I've seen both sexes running around with little to nothing on, but the most luring thing I ever saw was a full length green silk dress that went from a high neckline to the floor with a single split only to about knee length.  Nothing I have seen before or since was any more sexy or alluring.

We all have our things that set us off......  but the problem is letting go during those times.