• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.68
  • Days Won:  25

6 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

I don't need to.   Everyone knows what nudity is and what it is not.  You're still trying to muddy the waters, because unlike me, you can't offer up a biblical argument to support your errant position.   I stand with Scripture and it's position.  You can stand with...  whatever it is you stand with. 

Yes, everybody does, and we all know because of what our culture has taught us.  That is why you have zero passages to support your view, it is 100% culture based

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,200
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Nope. A man without his shirt off is not nudity.  A woman exposing her breasts IS nudity.

Again, you're not being intellectually honest.  Par for the course.

Do you not understand that many or most women get just as aroused by a good looking guy bare chest with a six pack and muscled up as would guys with a gal.   Guys should not go bare chested any more or less than a woman.  Just a note here and not trying to add or take away from the discussion.

Guest shiloh357
13 minutes ago, other one said:

Do you not understand that many or most women get just as aroused by a good looking guy bare chest with a six pack and muscled up as would guys with a gal.   Guys should not go bare chested any more or less than a woman.  Just a note here and not trying to add or take away from the discussion.

but he is not exposing private areas.   So it is not the same.  I think you know that.

Guest shiloh357
55 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

Yes, everybody does, and we all know because of what our culture has taught us.  That is why you have zero passages to support your view, it is 100% culture based

I have plenty of passages that I have already presented, that you basically ignored that shows that public nudity is shameful.  A woman topless is shameful.  It would have been shameful in the Bible and it is shameful now.   Some repress their shame, but it is still a sin.   I am not going to keep re-posting passages just for you to ignore them, over and over and over.

My position is the biblical and  Christian position.   Your position is the secular position, period. 

5 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

but he is not exposing private areas.   So it is not the same.  I think you know that.

"private areas" just one more cultural concept.   All of your rules are based upon nothing but what society has taught you. 

Guest shiloh357
Just now, Running Gator said:

"private areas" just one more cultural concept.   All of your rules are based upon nothing but what society has taught you. 

Really, the Bible doesn't seem to think so, since it condemns nudity.

See?   My final authority on truth is Scripture.   Your appeal is to culture and secular ideas.   I will remain on the solid rock of Scripture.   You can take your chances on the shifting sands of culture.

4 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

I have plenty of passages that I have already presented, that you basically ignored that shows that public nudity is shameful.  A woman topless is shameful.  It would have been shameful in the Bible and it is shameful now.   Some repress their shame, but it is still a sin.   I am not going to keep re-posting passages just for you to ignore them, over and over and over.

My position is the biblical and  Christian position.   Your position is the secular position, period. 

You have presented none, zero, zilch.   You present general passage and then add your rules to make them mean what you want them to mean.  There is nothing biblical about it at all.   Your entire sense of "nudity" and "private arees" is 100% based upon your culture, nothing else.

Just now, shiloh357 said:

Really, the Bible doesn't seem to think so, since it condemns nudity.

See?   My final authority on truth is Scripture.   Your appeal is to culture and secular ideas.   I will remain on the solid rock of Scripture.   You can take your chances on the shifting sands of culture.

Yes it does, and then you make up your rules for nudity, just like your rules for what someone can wear and your rules for the words they can use and your rules for who they can eat with. 

Guest shiloh357
3 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

You have presented none, zero, zilch.   You present general passage and then add your rules to make them mean what you want them to mean.  There is nothing biblical about it at all.   Your entire sense of "nudity" and "private arees" is 100% based upon your culture, nothing else.

This is what I posted 9 hours ago today:

The Bible does present public nudity as shameful and degrading and as such, has sinfulness attached to it (Gen. 9:21; Ex. 20:26; 32:25; 2 Chron. 28:19; Isa. 47:3; Eze. 16:35-36; Luk. 8:27; Rev. 3:17; 16:15; 17:16).

There are two places where nudity is okay and that is in Prov. 5:18 and in the Song of Solomon because both of those pertain to marriage between a man and a woman.

Modern perspectives on nudity are based on the fallen state of man, and so we see nudist beaches and nudist camps and the people who are just trying to "get back to nature."   It is really a throw back to the ancient pagan cultures, all of whom promoted public nudity.

It shows the moral depravity of those are able to practice public nudity shamelessly.

Guest shiloh357
2 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

Yes it does, and then you make up your rules for nudity, just like your rules for what someone can wear and your rules for the words they can use and your rules for who they can eat with. 

I am not making up any rules at all.   That's a falsehood that you keep repeating, as if saying it over and over will somehow make it true.  I have offered no lists of rules about anything.   Time to start telling the truth.