• Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,194
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 7:15 PM, SisterActs2 said:

Hi Enoob and Other One

Thanks for your input, and, with the greatest of respect, I quote:

1Tim 2:9 -"In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefastness {or modesty of character} and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; 10 But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works," KJV.  Paul is talking about the whole person here, I believe.

Sure, the men have to be responsible for their own thoughts and in control of their own eyes etc.  However, I think Paul also said (I am away from home and do not have all my Bibles etc. with me to find the correct reference) that if eating something offended anyone, he would not do it so as not to cause them to fall.  Why help Satan tempt people?

We are Christians and, as such, subject ourselves to the teaching of the Holy Spirit through our leaders as long as it lines up with the Word.

Why should we not, rather, desire to protect our men at least while in church?  There are enough things to distract us outside of church.  Let us be holy, even as He is holy.

King of kings and Lord of Lords!  Glory, hallelujah!

Clearly we all have a sin nature.... clearly we must turn all our attention to righteous life of Jesus The Christ to receive that which we cannot provide for ourselves.... sin will seemingly give no way that is right for it is confusion! God tells us we need to put the sin away from us to see clearly how to do what is acceptable in God's eyes (according to the precepts that are drawn out in the Word)... the issue is a woman who wished to dress to draw attention to her body. The Scriptual way to handle is to get the Godly Ladies to instruct her and if she rejects their council and wooing then to put her out of the church as instructed by The Word. The ultimate purpose of living is to do so unto God Who has given us 'Life'...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/08/1950

Hi Other One

My husband has a couple of favourite sayings: "I'm not often right but I'm wrong this time" and "I always have the last say - Yes, dear.". LOL.  Of course he is jesting.

Thank you Enoob.  I have no wish to derail threads; sometimes it just seems to happen - our brains work differently.  I apologise and agree with you.  You are right of course.  I think we are so reluctant to let people go these days, hoping things will change.  I wish we had more courage.  God bless you.

• 6 months later...

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

On 5/3/2017 at 3:10 PM, creativemechanic said:

Looking at how hot the modesty debate has gotten. A particular  issue kept popping up which had me wondering. So tell me what u think of this  related situation 

It really doesn't matter what people think of this related situation.

The Bible is simple and clear.   Neither one is right.  There's no way anyone dressed immodestly like that should ever be in a fellowship more than a few minutes, in any assembly of the ekklesia.   When anyone shows up so immodest, they are offered appropriate clothing immediately, or a blanket to cover with,  and they accept it and wear it if they want to stay.  This has been so for centuries..... around 20 centuries I think. (and perhaps 20 centuries more BC or longer)

• Praise God! 1