• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  68
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/28/1979

On 5/4/2017 at 9:53 PM, Judas Machabeus said:

I'm not sure how someone that is disobedient to Jesus can enter heaven. So I think obedience plays a role in salvation along with faith. This is why I have trouble with a faith alone model. 

I don't completely understand it either.

• Group:  Members

17 hours ago, Absolem said:

John 14:34-35

A new commandment I give unto you, that ye love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if he have love one to another.

I think following Jesus means loving people who don't deserve it.

Huh interesting

On 5/4/2017 at 10:15 PM, Willa said:

I do a lot of underlining in my Bible, or highlighting.  Some things I learned the hard way that God's way is better so the Holy Spirit impressed them on me after the fact.  Some things seem emphasized to me and I underline them, then God gives me an opportunity to practice them during the following week.  That was the most common way I learned.  

However long ago I gave expensive clothes that I treasured to friends, and they turned against me.  They said that they didn't like the colors and had sold them.  Then they became hostile.  When I talked to a counselor he said it is predictable that when people can't repay and don't receive things as from the Lord, that they will turn against you.  So that is why we see so much entitlement fraud.  That is the way they save face and keep their dignity.  It is better to let people earn their benefits somehow.  I often tell people that they can pass the favor along someday when they are able and find someone who can use some help.  That is what an aunt said to me after we lost everything in a fire, no insurance.  But most often I give through a 3rd party and try to give anonymously.  At one time I didn't even keep record of my tithes.  

Thanks for sharing.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,250
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

17 hours ago, Absolem said:

John 14:34-35

A new commandment I give unto you, that ye love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if he have love one to another.

I think following Jesus means loving people who don't deserve it.

I think that is just a part of it.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,226
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎5‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 2:21 PM, worthlessness1979 said:

Jesus gave a lot of instructions on how to live a moral life. So what are we supposed to do with his instructions? Write everything down and then do it?

Jesus talked about giving to the poor and about how we are to give to the poor. So are we supposed to give to the poor and just not tell anybody about it? I mean Jesus asked his disciples why do you call me Lord Lord and not do anything that I say. 

So going to heaven is all about obeying Jesus? Right?

Hi worthlessness,

Jesus told the people of Israel instructions concerning a moral life, because although they were under the law, they missed the point of it being from the heart. Now that Jesus has died and ascended to the Father, he has sent His Holy Spirit, (as Willa said) to implant His life within and guide us in our daily lives.

This guidance is mainly focussed on our behaviours. Certain attitudes come to the fore & we realise that that is not what we should be doing, saying or thinking. We then repent of the behaviour and ask the Lord for His help in overcoming such behaviour. Bit by bit we get to see why we acted in that manner & bit by bit we become stronger in the Lord to choose His way and not our own selfishness.

Eventually we are pleased to have the Holy Spirit highlight these areas, as we want to get rid of them. And bit by bit we realise we are being changed like unto Christ.  No greater joy or reward.

regards, Marilyn.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

"Then Jesus said to his disciples, "Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me." (Matthew 16:24)

"and anyone who does not take up his cross and follow Me is not worthy of Me." (Matthew 10:38)

"Then he called the crowd to him along with his disciples and said: "Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me." (Mark 8:34)

"Then Jesus said to all of them, "If anyone would come after Me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow Me." (Luke 9:23)

"And whoever does not carry his cross and follow Me cannot be My disciple." (Luke 14:27)

"For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in His footsteps," (1 Peter 2:21)

"Therefore, since Christ suffered in His body, arm yourselves with the same resolve, because anyone who has suffered in his body is done with sin." (1 Peter 4:1)
"But rejoice that you share in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed at the revelation of His glory." (1 Peter 4:13)

Thank you everyone.