IGNORED

Trump Worship

Running Gator

Guest shiloh357
11 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

Funny how just the other day you were bashing unnamed sources and now all of a sudden they are trustworthy.  

As I recall, YOU are the one who complains about anonymous sources.  But you didn't' seem to have a problem with them when it came to the accusations against Trump. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

46 minutes ago, Justice_League said:

Normally I'm in agreement with Ben Shapiro on quite a few things, but I think this article is a little off-base and generalized as to who exactly is supposed to be characterized as one of these so called "Trump Worshipers". To assume that those who are trying to be supportive of Trump do so blindly out of pure anger and an absence of any other motive is just silly. 

I think there's also a major problem out there with labeling anybody who speaks out in defense of Trump (or just simply against those who have been attacking him at every turn) as some kind of "Trump Worshiper" or "Trump Loyalist" (a term I've seen on this board). People throw these names around all over the place. It's such a false generalization, and it's not helpful towards having an actual adult conversation at all.

All of the people I know personally who voted for Trump did so for a myriad of reasons... Most of them are open and honest about which of his actions they don't approve of, are rooting for him to do well, and eager to give praise where praise is due. 

And the behavior of the mainstream media is NOT just an excuse people are trying to use to fall back on... The MSM has a HUGE part to play in this dynamic.

Excellent post.  I agree.  I have a problem with Trump's temperament, but then almost everybody I know fails in some way, including myself.  I voted for Trump, I support Trump, I like what he says he wants to do.  I've yet to meet a "Trump loyalist" or "Trump worshipper".  Its all just name calling, the same games we try to teach our kids to stop doing.  

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.67
  • Days Won:  25

9 minutes ago, hmbld said:

Excellent post.  I agree.  I have a problem with Trump's temperament, but then almost everybody I know fails in some way, including myself.  I voted for Trump, I support Trump, I like what he says he wants to do.  I've yet to meet a "Trump loyalist" or "Trump worshipper".  Its all just name calling, the same games we try to teach our kids to stop doing.  

There are a dozen threads on her going on about Trump Derangement Syndrome and Obama Worship Syndrome  and those are fine and not name calling.   But when it is the guy you support now it is name calling.  

Funny how that works 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

37 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

There are a dozen threads on her going on about Trump Derangement Syndrome and Obama Worship Syndrome  and those are fine and not name calling.   But when it is the guy you support now it is name calling.  

Funny how that works 

Yes :)

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

57 minutes ago, hmbld said:

I've yet to meet a "Trump loyalist" or "Trump worshipper".

I have yet to meet an Obama worshiper. 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

45 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Me either. The Obama presidency was very different.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

17 minutes ago, missmuffet said:
1 hour ago, LadyKay said:

Me either. The Obama presidency was very different.

I should introduce you to some of my family members then so you will be able to say you do know some.  Makes no difference to me who it is, claiming someone is above reproach in a way that they can do no wrong is sad.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

9 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Makes no difference to me who it is, claiming someone is above reproach in a way that they can do no wrong is sad.

What does that mean? 

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

9 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

What does that mean? 

When someone believes in a person so much they can never accept that they can do anything wrong.  I have seen this in my family about Obama, and, on the flip side, Trump can never do anything right.  There is a point when reality is lost when looking at a person and idolizing becomes the norm.  You can see this also here about Trump.  Some think he can do no wrong and some think he can so no right.  Both sides are sad to see as the truth is usually found somewhere toward the middle.

Guest Butero

I have a lot of friends that voted for Trump for different reasons.  Some voted for Trump because they liked his America first message and want to move away from globalism to nationalism.   Some voted for Trump because he was the only one who could stop Hillary and they hated her and all she stands for.  There are some that see him as some kind of savior, but not that many.  Obama had people that worshipped him.  Do you not remember the people that fainted when he spoke? 

I voted for Trump because he was not Hillary.  I felt like he would be marginally better or much better.  I had very low expectations, so he didn't have to do much to get my approval.  I wanted one thing from him, a conservative Supreme Court nominee, and I got it.  Based on that alone, I am glad I voted for Trump.  Anything else is icing on the cake.  I support nationalism and I am for a complete Muslim ban.  I blame Republicans in Congress for failing to get rid of Obamacare, not Trump.  I support most of Trump's executive orders, and support his executive orders rolling back Obama's climate rules.  Trump has done a lot more I approve of than I expected so early in his Presidency, and where he has failed, I blame Congress more than him.  They could simply get rid of the filibuster in the Senate and ram everything down the throat of liberals.  What could they do? 

For me, it is all about very low expectations going in, and Trump exceeding them.  I didn't even vote for him in the Primary.  I voted for Ted Cruz.  When it comes to unwavering support for Trump, I have that.  I will support him in virtually everything he does, and will oppose any attempt to impeach him regardless of what he does, but that isn't because I worship Trump, but because I despise all liberals stand for and don't want them to get any victories.  It is payback for Bill Clinton and the way they defended him when he committed perjury.  It is about supporting my team. 

I didn't write this to fight about it, but to explain it from this Trump voter's perspective.  The enemy of my enemy is my friend in this case, so I will align myself with any Trump supporter, no matter why they like him.  It is about defeating liberalism.