• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

Just now, other one said:

because he is representing me in his job.....   and I'd rather he be a gentleman in how he does that.  

Or at least not a jerk!  :laugh:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,127
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, Running Gator said:

Or at least not a jerk!  :laugh:

my standards are a lot higher than just not being a jerk....    I would LoL that, but it's really not funny.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

You are way braver than I am!! No way I am listening to that!  I hated having to listen   to him when he was president 

:24:  I mustered it up,I never liked listening to him either but I thought it only right to try & get this Thread back on Topic,,,,,,see,for the sake of WCF!!! lol

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

1 hour ago, Running Gator said:

Have you found anyone on this board that does not love the president? 

Yes. I wont name the persons but there are a few who despise him. Him, not his actions or policies. 

11 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Yes. I wont name the persons but there are a few who despise him. Him, not his actions or policies. 

You know, it is totally possible to not like or even despise someone as a person and still love them as Jesus told us to.  

Remember, Jesus told us to love our enemies, and I think that despising someone would make them your enemy, so even Jesus knew it could be done.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

41 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

You know, it is totally possible to not like or even despise someone as a person and still love them as Jesus told us to.  

Remember, Jesus told us to love our enemies, and I think that despising someone would make them your enemy, so even Jesus knew it could be done.

How does someone despise a person first,  and respect what love is suppose to mean to them and be in their own life,   and then say they love the person they first despise? :emot-bulbman:

3 minutes ago, Anonymous Aristotle said:

How does someone despise a person first,  and respect what love is suppose to mean to them and be in their own life,   and then say they love the person they first despise? :emot-bulbman:

Jesus told us this...“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 

Now, what is an enemy if not someone that you despise?   I spent 20 years in the military, I planned the deaths and aided in the deaths of the enemy, yet I still loved them and prayed for them even if I could not see them. 

As for our current President, I do not like him (despise is a little strong for what I feel), I think he is not a good person and I do not like much of what he has planned for our country.  But I love him as Jesus directed me to do, I love him through Jesus and I pray for him and his family nightly. 

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

57 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

I misread this at first. 

What I mean is, I agree that one can love a person and not like them. But to despise them is something Christians shouldnt do. So those who despise trump (not his policies but actively hate him) are wrong to do so. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

5 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

Jesus told us this...“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 

Now, what is an enemy if not someone that you despise?   I spent 20 years in the military, I planned the deaths and aided in the deaths of the enemy, yet I still loved them and prayed for them even if I could not see them. 

As for our current President, I do not like him (despise is a little strong for what I feel), I think he is not a good person and I do not like much of what he has planned for our country.  But I love him as Jesus directed me to do, I love him through Jesus and I pray for him and his family nightly. 

You pray for him, you love him. In the name of the precious savior he shares in his faith with you as a brother in Christ, and a son of God. And a member of the church of God in Christ. 

What is it then when you speak of him as you do in threads? 

1 minute ago, Anonymous Aristotle said:

You pray for him, you love him. In the name of the precious savior he shares in his faith with you as a brother in Christ, and a son of God. And a member of the church of God in Christ. 

What is it then when you speak of him as you do in threads? 

Because I do not like him and I think if he gets his way it will be very bad for the country.  

In this particular instance I think he was a jerk for pushing the PM out of his way to get to the front of the picture. I would think anyone that did that was a jerk, no matter if I liked them or not.  If I ever saw one of my children do that I would have a long talk about respect with them.   I am the guy that will stand there for 3 minutes holding the door if I get to it at just the right time and there is a line of people walking in the building at work in the morning.   Some things are just common courtesy.