Steve_K

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah but has she ended  the relationship with the other men. If not.she's not being unfaithful and more is she

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, creativemechanic said:

Yeah but has she ended  the relationship with the other men. If not.she's not being unfaithful and more is she

Are you saying that Steve's x wife did not commit infidelity by leaving him for another man? Please post scripture supporting this.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

God has commanded that the unfaithful spouse not be taken back.  In today's day of untreatable STD diseases this is especially important.  She should be required to show herself free of disease for 6 months before taking her back should even be considered.  On one had he who is without sin should cast the first stone.  On the other, may God give you a forgiving spirit, but without being a doormat.  We should not tolerate abuse.  Consider how many times we are told to forgive--70 x 7?.  And how many times did God take Israel back before He finally divorced her.  And He is not through with her yet---.   May God soften your heart but give you wisdom from above.

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

7 hours ago, Steve_ said:

Today, my ex wife called and wanted to come back. Sparing you all the details, she left me almost a year ago for another guy.

I said NO on all counts. God has better things in life for me.

I had a similar experience with marriage in regards to infidelity, and all I can say is, there is nothing in this world that would ever get me to take my ex back.  I would rather face a firing squad or a hangman's noose, much more humane.

7 minutes ago, wingnut- said:

I had a similar experience with marriage in regards to infidelity, and all I can say is, there is nothing in this world that would ever get me to take my ex back.  I would rather face a firing squad or a hangman's noose, much more humane.

That trust is shattered. That is a very serious breach of your wedding vows. How do you know they will not do it again?

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

Just now, missmuffet said:

That trust is shattered. That is a very serious breach of your wedding vows. How do you know they will not do it again?

Considering I forgave her once, only to have the pattern repeated, I would never believe it wouldn't happen again.  Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.  As the Who put it, I won't be fooled again! :laugh:

1 minute ago, Davida said:

I think it is particularly hard if the spouse suspects infidelity but it gets denied by the other spouse and they can't prove it happened and how do you resolve that?

Dig deep if you have suspicions. If you have the money get someone to follow them. If it is possible play private investigator yourself.

2 minutes ago, Davida said:

Hi Willa, Can you give the scripture for that, this is a pretty common occurrence these days it seems.  Thank you!

for what?

Jer 3:1

If [fn] a man divorces his wife

and she leaves him to marry another,

can he ever return to her? 

Wouldn't such a land [fn] become totally defiled?

But you!

You have played the prostitute with many partners  —

can you return to Me? 

This is the LORD's declaration.

Deu 24:1  "When a man takes a wife and marries her, and it happens that she finds no favor in his eyes because he has found some uncleanness in her, and he writes her a certificate of divorce, puts it in her hand, and sends her out of his house,bDeu 24:2  when she has departed from his house, and goes and becomes another man's wife, Deu 24:3  if the latter husband detests her and writes her a certificate of divorce, puts it in her hand, and sends her out of his house, or if the latter husband dies who took her as his wife, Deu 24:4  then her former husband who divorced her must not take her back to be his wife after she has been defiled; for that is an abomination before the LORD, and you shall not bring sin on the land which the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance.

It is also about forgiveness, knowing that we also are not without sins.  It is about giving time to build trust again.  Just as God is not through with Israel but will return to rule for 1000 years as her King, we should also consider reconciliation as God leads.  It is not to be considered lightly.  But if our hearts are right with God and ready to forgive, it must be at least something to be considered.  Sometime God says yes, and sometimes it is not.  God permitted divorce only because of the hardness of heart and hated divorce.  Yet he Himself divorced Israel.   He is not through with her but did so that we might be saved as gentiles.  

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,589
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

12 hours ago, Steve_ said:

Today, my ex wife called and wanted to come back. Sparing you all the details, she left me almost a year ago for another guy.

I said NO on all counts. God has better things in life for me.

Hi Steve,

Sorry that you have had a rough time  of marriage and divorce.

I pray that this  attempt at reconciliation, be a catalyst toward fuller  healing  for you both. May you be granted those "better things in life" in abundance.

I offer no "advice". I don't think you are asking for any, but are instead sharing  a little of a hard time in life, with brothers and sisters. 

Cordially,

Neighbor

Edited by Neighbor
added a comma