• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,167
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

53 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi other one,

Good point, yet I think that believing that Jesus is both Lord and Christ would be the basis of `walking` fellowship together, for God`s word says that the Holy Spirit will guide us into all truth. Thus there is a time element for the details.

What do you think?

Marilyn.

I'd have to ponder that.  I don't think I've ever considered him not being both....

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.32
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

45 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi frienduff thaylorde,

Yes to many of your great comments. However this topic is not about being in harmony with others, but to keep the door of communication open and not close it by saying `I agree to - let you hold your error.` We would never discuss anything with each other if we held that view.

Marilyn.

Agreed. When it comes to christains we cant aree with error and it must be dealt with asap quick.

Error must be corrected.  Their , as you said, was never this agree to disagree mentality with or in the early church.

the real apostels were fast to shut down , correct error.   And taught others to do the same.  That we must be  of the same mind.  that mind of CHRIST

and in complete agreement with TRUTH and sound doctrine only.    This agree to ones view and another to his own view is what has destroyed the churches .   I mean destroyed.

Completely agree.   The mindset that contains any error , must be taught, corrected .  Not tolerated under the banner of agreement.

Man, the real apostels saw error as not an election to shut down , BUT TO SHUT DOWN.

and we need this back fast .  Super fast .   Be blessed an praise the LORD.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

9 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

Women wearing pants.  Not a salvation issue.

Women rebellious.  Salvation issue.

Men rebellious.  Salvation issue.

Many many times, the little things (like wearing ungodly garments, or immodest) ,

are not themselves the issue, but other things deeper are.  Leaves on the tree, VS the roots.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,219
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

51 minutes ago, other one said:

I'd have to ponder that.  I don't think I've ever considered him not being both....

Hi other one,

That`s great... It is from Acts -

`Peter said - "Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ." (Acts 2: 36) 

Lord - Supreme ruler, God, Lord....

Christ - anointed, (of the Father).

I think they suggest to me, Son of God, Son of Man - the two aspects of Jesus - His deity and His humanity. The bottom line for our faith.

regards, Marilyn.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

2 hours ago, missmuffet said:

You guys are wayyyy over thinking this. Agree to disagree is totally acceptable.

The term "agree to disagree" or "agreeing to disagree" is a phrase in English referring to the resolution of a conflict (usually a debate or quarrel) whereby all parties tolerate but do not accept the opposing position(s).

< shrugs >  Mostly,  it is required by the rules at most forums on the internet ......  the wicked cannot be silenced nor ousted , but are overwhelming in the world, in size and number and activity .....  and as it is written in Scripture they are "wearing out the true believers" with a constant wearing down / abuse/  lies/  errors/ mocking God's Word/ distracting from the truth/  claiming a "right" to be accepted or even worse, "respected",  in practicing abominations and disobediences/ idolatries/ without any restrictions (practically) ....

17 hours ago, simplejeff said:

< shrugs >  Mostly,  it is required by the rules at most forums on the internet ......  the wicked cannot be silenced nor ousted , but are overwhelming in the world, in size and number and activity .....  and as it is written in Scripture they are "wearing out the true believers" with a constant wearing down / abuse/  lies/  errors/ mocking God's Word/ distracting from the truth/  claiming a "right" to be accepted or even worse, "respected",  in practicing abominations and disobediences/ idolatries/ without any restrictions (practically) ....

May I be dead and stinking in the soil , long before I accept one wicked agenda of abominations of this wicked dark generation.

I got no fear saying it............and I aint wrongly judging at all.  

17 hours ago, simplejeff said:

Amen   Its high time the church awakes to righteousness and sins not.

5 hours ago, Yowm said:

I've always heard it put, 'we'll just have to agree to disagree agreeably'.

I have never taken that to be a final end of discussion, but a mutual understanding that on those matters we do disagree on, we agree to discuss civilly. 

Hi Yowm,

Yes, that is what people think it means, but actually we are saying `I agree ....to disagreeing,` & end of discussion.

However when we with understanding say `I agree that....we think differently on this, however we can still keep discussing.

regards, Marilyn.

People may think, well what does it really matter. Well...take `consensus` for example. The world desires us to have that as the way forward. Actually it is coming to a middle ground, then having that as the standard, then again going to middle ground later on, and taking that as the `rule` and so on. All the time we are compromising, like a frog being boiled slowly in a pot.

The world uses that method in schools, work places and in the Political area, etc.

Note compromise is NOT - TRUTH.

Marilyn.

Just now, Yowm said:

Well, we'll  just have to agree to disagree agreeably lol...

On my side, I will agree, knowing that we don`t see eye to eye, but trust the Holy Spirit to guide us into all truth.

regards, Marilyn.