IGNORED

Why do some professing Christians seem cold?

Gemstone777

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  220
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

On 7/18/2017 at 6:51 PM, gemstone777 said:

I'm a social, outgoing person.  I used to find it easier to make friends.  I'm finding it harder to find loyal, loving, genuine friendships as I get older. This is making me want to pull away from others and become a hermit.  I know God has called all of us to love others, and I do, but I want to love them from a distance.  I see the ugliness in the world, and it makes my heart sad.  I don't see how truly loving believers can treat people the way they sometimes do.  I want to continue to love others, but I don't want to allow others to hurt me, or watch them hurt others.  Some wisdom, Scriptures, and prayers would be most helpful, thanks!

Because while we are Christians, we are still sinners.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  861
  • Content Per Day:  0.35

6 minutes ago, Steve_K said:

Because while we are Christians, we are still sinners.

That's true!  We must extend mercy because we also need and want it. :)

• George changed the title to Why do some professing Christians seem cold?

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

Jesus came to His own.......and we know how He was treated.  We are not better than our Teacher, and if they persecuted Him we will be persecuted also.  And truly it is a sign that our names are written in the lamb's book of life......so it is cause for rejoicing.   And He uses it to test our love and to teach us to die to ourselves, as others have well said.

Also the fact that apostasy is occurring in the end of the age.....most congregations are falling away.....so many in the churches are just nominal Christians now, and moreover many of the churches are filling up with the plagues as per Revelation 18.  We can hope and pray that some will learn and wake up in the judgments and trials that are coming, but otherwise it is probably only going to increase, sadly......the mother of harlots riding the beast has been prophesied......I believe we saw a picture of this state of things when Jesus came the first time, and we will likewise be betrayed to the beast....nothing new under the sun and what has been will be again.  We must obey the Lord as He leads His own to come out from among them,  and we find our conscience won't allow us to be unequally yoked with them any more.  Just like the early church which fled to take hold of the hope set before them.

Revelation 18:2

And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.

Revelation 18:4

And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

My daily prayer when I wake up in the morning is, "Lord I ask for and receive Grace for today". We need God's grace to handle everything that we come in contact with including people that disappoint us or hurt us. In my opinion it's the only way to deal with everything we have to deal with in the course of a day. Don't give up Steve there's lots of other people like you!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

"I also don't agree that when we are hurt it's the old man hurting.  Jesus was like us in every way and knew hurt and pain.  He cried when Lazarus died (John 11), He cried tears of blood in the garden before going to be crucified (John 11:35), and there are other examples of where He had great sadness and tears (all associated with hurt) and He was the only perfect being that ever walked the face of the Earth.  Romans 12:15 says, "Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep."  Clearly the Lord demonstrates compassion for others and approves of weeping, a response to the emotion, sadness, that He created in us.  Also, we don't want to be like Job's comforters lacking compassion as he refers to them as "sorry comforters" in Job 16:2.    

I think hurt can be pride, but it is not always, and that's not a fair judgment unless one knows a person's heart. "

I am sorry that you took these comments as criticism or being judgmental since I was speaking from my own experience and the things that God had taught me.  It is true that Jesus was acquainted with grief, but that is not the kind of hurt I was speaking of.  I was speaking of being wounded by the rejection and lack of love of others. That is when the old man has to die to look beyond their faults and see their need, as you said that you do.  I had to die to my self centered old man to be able to do that.  So I was not standing in judgement of you but testifying of my own faults and learning curve.

Jesus had about 70 that stuck with Him, 12 apostles, and 3 that He was very close with: Peter, James and John were with Him on the Mt. of Transfiguration.  Many had followed Him for loaves and fishes and fell away.  Then there were those in the Synagogue that were trying to kill Him in fear of losing their political influence.  A few were secret believers.  So there will always be some who think their positions are threatened in churches and will malign us.  There is a lot of politics in some churches.  These things are due to the selfishness of some.  I call it the old man.  Some always want to be in the "inner circle".  I try to stay out of all that stuff and simply obey God's Spirit. 

Your husband should be your prayer partner.  If you don't pray aloud together and intercede for each other and acquaintances, you should.  Mine is my best friend and prayer partner.   We have been married 54 years.  When I went to church alone, before he was saved, I went to the little old ladies class in Sunday school.  These were people whose faith was refined gold.  You said you gravitate to people in need, but most of these are on the edge because they want to be.  Not all, but I learned the hard way to realize that only God can change them.  So I listen and pray aloud for them when I talk to them.  And I give them Scripture to cling to.   Some didn't want these things and they probably weren't genuine.  

When you are drained it is time to renew fellowship with the Lord and dig deep into His Word.  At one point in my life I had to stop looking to others for strength and encouragement and rely solely on God.  Then it is back to studying Philippians 4 again and thinking on things that are good, pure, lovely and of good report.  Remember also  to praise and worship Him in all circumstances, simply because He is worthy.

Luk 22:44  Being in agony he prayed more earnestly. His sweat became like great drops of blood falling down on the ground.   A nurse watched her own father go through this due to high blood pressure.  Jesus' agony at Gethsemine could have killed him before the scourging, which also could have killed him.  We can even imagine how much He suffered for us.  And He also grieved over Jerusalem, saying He would have gathered them as a hen does her chicks, but they would not, and He compassionately wept for them.  They had rejected Him, their Savior, and He knew the Jews for whom He had come would suffer much for this.  

I agree that grief is part of the human experience.  And I am sure that He grieves over the lack of love He finds in many churches today, just as Jesus expected fruit from the fig tree and found none.  But I am glad that He doesn't curse all of us like He did the fig tree.  He was patient with me and brought me back to walking with Him and learning to love as He does.  When I again started walking with Him and fully surrendered to Him, God also refilled me with the Holy Spirit.  It was a second blessing, since I had been saved 12 years earlier, and it brought me back to my first love.  Many people need to ask God to cleanse them of unloving attitudes and to refill them with His Spirit as they again surrender their lives to Him.  I am sure it would bring revival.  But again, this is the work of God.  Our part is to pray.  That is how most revivals start.

blessings and sincere apologies,

Willa

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

After reading what one has to say , they call anyone that corrects a hater, make it a hug all mindset .

Yet have no problem calling people NOTHING.   SEEMS like the real haters are those who hate correction

they want a version of GOD that just accepts all, they think they LOVE

yet are mean as heck to people.  I had one do this to me just the other day.

I wish they had not gotten taken of the thread.

THEY said I  was nothing.   I wanted to tell them........YOU ARE SO RIGHT , IAM NOTHING , BUT CHRIST is EVERYTHING.

I seen the same person on this thread.......making HUGE ados about how christains can be hateful, WELL the ones that CORRECT

or have any sense of gravity .  Yet this same LOVE FILLLED HUG EVERYTHING person, was hateful.

I warn us all.    People like this will keep increasing . a increase of hating truth and correction will ONLY INCREASE

and so many like this person, NO NAMING , THEY KNOW WHO THEY ARE

they will keep preaching this false love and yet be the v ery haters they accuse ones of me as being.

YET all I had was instant forgivness for this person .  I honestly wished they had not even been taken off that thread.

I wanted them to KNOW I see myself as NOHTING............BUT JESUS and the TRUTH as EVERYTHING .  and the same pattern

that the real apsotels , paul through them all KEPT , IT WORKED..........todays all inclusive mindset has FAILED THE CHURCH and THE PEOPLES

and ROBBED THEM OF ETNERAL LIFE>

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

The OP seems to think that some of us are jumping on her statement and dissecting for whatever reasons.  But if a comment like that is made, it only draw one to ask  for some or an example of what is referred to and so far i have not seen not one example to accompany that statement.  If we are going to paint a picture, it cannot be abstract or the mind can wander.     

I do understand the OP statement, but some practical examples would be nice to put into light the darkness that is being spoken about.   The apostle Paul had many workers with him that left him to go back to the world.   We are fortunate to live in the western democracies where we expect standards. The world is in metamorphosis and events are moving swiftly.   With those changes, many are getting caught up in the divide and squabbling and taking sides are contributing factors in pulling saints in different directions.  But the word remains the same and those who are grounded should not and would not drift, but stay the course.  The devil does not sleep and sets his snares at Christians and charlatans alike, he does not differentiate  

On 7/20/2017 at 7:42 PM, Reinitin said:

all the christians i know are loving.

Reinitin, thanks for sharing your personal experience. :) I'm genuinely happy that you feel loved!   As I'm reading the posts in this thread, I'm reminded that everyone has different experiences.  I've been observing both extremes (loving vs unloving) and everywhere in between.  If all the genuine Christians you know are loving, than that is a blessing, and something all Christians can aspire to because that is what God calls us to do, LOVE!  

Unfortunately, mine and many others haven't had that experience.  The more one gets involved in a church or ministry, sometimes the things that are not as they should be can be seen.  The more you are sold out for the Lord, sometimes the more persecution comes.  Also, there are wolves in the midst of the sheep, so we have to be careful for some will stir up trouble and evil.  

Many blessings to you!  ~ Gem

On 7/20/2017 at 8:25 PM, notsolostsoul said:

Some times you just need rest. You need to replenish yourself. There is nothing wrong with that. Some times we are directed to Be Still. It's not running away or being a hermit.

Some times its for our own protection. So we don't fall or stumble and get caught up in the chaos. We just have to learn a balance.

Feeling not of this world I can relate, but as you said

On 7/20/2017 at 8:25 AM, gemstone777 said:

our relationship with the Father/Jesus/Holy Spirit is priority,  

So he will protect that, by pulling you away, healing your heart, suiting you up, and reminding you that you are his and then he'll send you back out their, to do your part.

TO DO YOUR PART. some times we want to do more. He just needs us to DO OUR PART.

Trust that he has the rest. He is God. Oh and he will send you what you need when it is needed.

You will recognize that true fellowship. It isn't necessarily a friend as MAN sees a friend, but it is a friend in that purpose of God.

Nosolostsoul, Thanks for this reminder of rest!  Willa (I believe,) also said about time of rest, and I am going to ask the Lord if that is what I need.  Sometimes when things are repeated, I look to see if God is speaking to me through others.  

I also think it's hard to, "be still," in this world.  What exactly does that look like?  Have we as a society forgot how to rest?  Things I ponder in my head.  

You're right, the workers are few, and sometimes we do more than He even asks.  I know our works don't save us, only the redeeming blood of Jesus Christ, but I do think He sometimes asks a lot of us because few are willing.

I've never found a friend like Jesus! :)  Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

~ Gem

On 7/24/2017 at 7:14 AM, warrior12 said:

Could you give one practical example of how believers treat people as to your statement?.     Just want to see the kind of resentment you are speaking about .

I will give some examples hopefully soon.  I'm trying to go through all the posts, but I can't keep up with you all! :)  There is no resentment, it's more a hurting of the heart (sad to see) for the way our world is, the lack of authentic, Christ-like love.