IGNORED

The Different Races & Where DId they come from?

ben34

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  110
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

The Tower of Babel.

God caused the people to speak different languages so they could not understand one another.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

I dont want to get off topic but adaptability would be a less volatile word than evolution.

I didn't say esau was a monkey, but the bible was clear about the difference between esau and jacob.

Guest Bro David™
I dont want to get off topic but adaptability would be a less volatile word than evolution.

I didn't say esau was a monkey, but the bible was clear about the difference between esau and jacob.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When we turn off the lights in a room it takes a few seconds for our eyes to adapt to the darkness, amazingly we do see better then we did a few moments ago.

Evolution ? ... NO! Adaptation.

With Love

David King :noidea:

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  306
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  02/02/1952

[quote name='Bro David

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  728
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

The Tower of Babel explains the different languages.

There is nothing in there about different races (i.e. skin tone, facial features, etc.). 

Races may have come later after the scattering, but the punishment itself did not create the races, just the different languages.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I imagine that came from humanities ability to adapt to his surroundings.

For instance, people from a sunnier climate would develope darker pigment than those from a cooler climate.

An example. I have a blood disease called Thalasemia. The disease is caused by a mutation of the blood cells. You get it through heredity only. The origin of the disease is from the meditterenean sea region.

One aspect of this disease is that those that have it are immune to malaria. In the area this blood mutation took place malaria killed a lot of people.

There were a group of people who were able to adapt due to this blood mutation which made them immune to malaria.

I suspect the same type of physical mutaion tok place in order to make humans better able to adapt to the enviornment in which they forund themseles.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Adaptation due to enviroment...... We talking evolution?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Micro-evolution, which is scientific... vs. macro-evolution, which is not. Many things change and adapt over time. For instance, I gained 10 pounds over the winter as I adapted to the inactive winter months and ate more that usual due to the many hours indoors and the close locality of the refrigerator. :thumbsup: