• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

5 hours ago, Running Gator said:

Gen McInerney is long removed from the military and is now nothing but a talking head for FoxNews.  And, if he said that (I do not watch FoxNews so I would not know for sure) he is wrong.  While it was already more than a decade ago, while in the Marines assigned to the 1st Marine Aircraft Wing G3 I was responsible for helping to refine the Time Phased Force Deployment Data (known as the "tipfid) for different scenarios on the Korean peninsula.   None of them ended in 45 minutes.   While they are not a threat to the US in general, they have the capability to inflict a great deal of damage to the people of South Korea before being annihilated. 

Having worked with the ROK Marines, I can tell you that they do not think the threat is blown out of proportion, they take it very seriously. 

I am well aware of our presence in South Korea.  More than 1/3 of my 20 years in the Corps was spent in WestPac, to include enough time on the Korean Peninsula to earn the Korean Defense Service Medal.  

Nothing about 15 or 45 minutes. 

well we all deside what is believable considering china can hit us with ballistic missles from the other side of the world in 33 minutes. we have a 5 minute think about it stall (not sure they do or not). I imagine 15 minutes is a believable guestament and since we already have bombers in S Korea and the majority of N Koreas military is accumilited in manageable target areas, i think 45 min from an airforce general retired or not is probably close enough to believe. Honestly i would believe a retired airfitce general before i would believe any of the philosiphy majors poseing as journalist getting their talking points from the deep state shadow government also kniwn as liberal demonrats. 

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.68
  • Days Won:  25

4 minutes ago, Reinitin said:

well we all deside what is believable considering china can hit us with ballistic missles from the other side of the world in 33 minutes. we have a 5 minute think about it stall (not sure they do or not). I imagine 15 minutes is a believable guestament and since we already have bombers in S Korea and the majority of N Koreas military is accumilited in manageable target areas, i think 45 min from an airforce general retired or not is probably close enough to believe. Honestly i would believe a retired airfitce general before i would believe any of the philosiphy majors poseing as journalist getting their talking points from the deep state shadow government also kniwn as liberal demonrats. 

I am not a philosophy major posing as journalist who gets talking points from anyone. 

I am a fairly recently retired Gunnery Sergeant of Marines who has direct experience in the planning of military contingencies for the Korean Peninsula. 

None of those plans ended after 45 minutes.  That is the stuff of TV shows and movies, not the reality of warfare.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Running Gator said:

Gen McInerney is long removed from the military and is now nothing but a talking head for FoxNews.  And, if he said that (I do not watch FoxNews so I would not know for sure) he is wrong.  While it was already more than a decade ago, while in the Marines assigned to the 1st Marine Aircraft Wing G3 I was responsible for helping to refine the Time Phased Force Deployment Data (known as the "tipfid) for different scenarios on the Korean peninsula.   None of them ended in 45 minutes.   While they are not a threat to the US in general, they have the capability to inflict a great deal of damage to the people of South Korea before being annihilated. 

Having worked with the ROK Marines, I can tell you that they do not think the threat is blown out of proportion, they take it very seriously. 

I am well aware of our presence in South Korea.  More than 1/3 of my 20 years in the Corps was spent in WestPac, to include enough time on the Korean Peninsula to earn the Korean Defense Service Medal.  

btw, i havent had a tv since 2008. I heard it last week. Since I only read source information or things published from christian organisations, and only listen to christian radio when im driving.  You might want to check your crystal ball of assumptions channel you might have tuned to arrogance instead of truth. He must be a source for more then fox. 

Edited by Reinitin

6 hours ago, Running Gator said:

plus, if you think the current administration isnt using the diplomatic channels as well as a think twice about your actions military insentive. You may have missed UN agreement on sanctions that russia and china supported. They grabbed his finacial ability to pay for military power and technology away from him.

30 minutes ago, Reinitin said:

btw, i havent had a tv since 2008. I heard it last week. Since I only read source information or things published from christian organisations, and only listen to christian radio when im driving.  You might want to check your crystal ball of assumptions channel you might have tuned to arrogance instead of truth. He must be a source for more then fox. 

A lot of Christian sources site FoxNews

here is the source of the quote 

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxbusiness.com/politics/2017/08/07/u-s-could-wipe-out-north-korea-in-15-minutes-gen-tom-mcinerney.amp.html

Edited by Running Gator

1 hour ago, Reinitin said:

plus, if you think the current administration isnt using the diplomatic channels as well as a think twice about your actions military insentive. You may have missed UN agreement on sanctions that russia and china supported. They grabbed his finacial ability to pay for military power and technology away from him.

That does not effect what he already has in place.

But I do know we are trying for a diplomatic solution, I just do not think getting into a trash talking contest helps that happen

Edited by Running Gator

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

4 hours ago, other one said:

I do hope you are wrong.  There's been must too much of that over the past 50 years.

Of course they're wrong. I wish I could see some new arguments or points from the left; this is getting boring.  I guess I'll have to be like Wingnut and argue with myself now.   :rolleyes:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,167
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

5 hours ago, Running Gator said:

What is the point of the trash talk by Trump?  Do you think that NK does not know the capabilities of the US? 

Problem is, do to the past presidents, he really doesn't think we will use them.

19 minutes ago, other one said:

Problem is, do to the past presidents, he really doesn't think we will use them.

I still am not sure he will.  Those that will do the action normally don't need to talk about it.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,167
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

6 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

I still am not sure he will.  Those that will do the action normally don't need to talk about it.

Of course you would think that way.