IGNORED

Can we consider Christian who smokes, Drinking wine?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Rom 14:13 NKJV  Therefore let us not pass judgment on one another any longer, but rather decide never to put a stumbling block or hindrance in the way of a brother.

Rom 14:14  I know and am persuaded in the Lord Jesus that nothing is unclean in itself, but it is unclean for anyone who thinks it unclean.

Rom 14:15  For if your brother is grieved by what you eat, you are no longer walking in love. By what you eat, do not destroy the one for whom Christ died.

Rom 14:16  So do not let what you regard as good be spoken of as evil.

Rom 14:17  For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking but of righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.

Rom 14:18  Whoever thus serves Christ is acceptable to God and approved by men.

Rom 14:19  So then let us pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding.

Rom 14:20  Do not, for the sake of food, destroy the work of God. Everything is indeed clean, but it is wrong for anyone to make another stumble by what he eats.

Rom 14:21  It is good not to eat meat or drink wine or do anything that causes your brother to stumble.

Rom 14:22  The faith that you have, keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the one who has no reason to pass judgment on himself for what he approves.

Rom 14:23  But whoever has doubts is condemned if he eats, because the eating is not from faith. For whatever does not proceed from faith is sin.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/11/1985

We live in a daily Spiritual Warfare. A Warfare that non-believers know of or can even see. A Warfare that those who have the Holy Spirit is revealed through the gift of Spiritual Discernment. 

When one drinks, smokes, does drugs, takes pills (drugs) that alter emotions and judgement, you now allow a portal for demons to attack or influence you. I call them satan's poisons. You consume them, you consume darkness. You just made your Armor weaker because you are feeding your flesh and you're walking in the flesh. We need to feed our SPIRIT and walk in the SPIRIT!

We need to have the FULL Armor of God on DAILY! Living for Jesus is a Lifestyle. A Battle. A sacrifice. It's NOT a ONE way ticket to Heaven. God bless

It is written...

1 Peter 5:8King James Version (KJV)

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

Edited by ILiveForGod
  • Loved it! 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  470
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  04/07/1946

In my opinion in this case he/she is a Christian with minor sins or sins. It depends. Some non-believers expect us to be sinless. I only try to be sinless.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  364
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

Colossians 2

16Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

I drink beer , usually somersby . If you can control yourself then all is fine , you can get addicted to anything if you don't control yourself not only alcohol or smoking . Some people hold thier phone for 8 hours a day in thier hand but don't consider themselfes addicted to it .

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

Smoking isn't addressed in the Bible. However, 8 out 10 smokers are angry and repressing their anger with cigarettes which uncoul these recepters in the brain. We are told, "Make no friendship with a man given to anger, nor go with a wrathful man, lest you learn his ways and entangle yourself in a snare," (Ecclesiastes 7:9), and "Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger, For the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God." (James 1:19-20). But a smoker is repressing their anger which often leads to volcanic episodes of rage where their mad feelings like magma reaches the point of eruption. 

As for drinking wine Jesus said, "Be on guard, so that your hearts will not be weighted down with dissipation and drunkenness and the worries of life, and that day will not come on you suddenly like a trap," (Luke 21:34, cross ref Ephesians 5:18). The Lord warned against drunkenness, but He also was upset with those who spent their time judging weither someone is drunk or not, "For John didn’t spend his time eating and drinking, and you say, ‘He’s possessed by a demon.’ 19 The Son of Man,[f] on the other hand, feasts and drinks, and you say, ‘He’s a glutton and a drunkard, and a friend of tax collectors and other sinners!’ But wisdom is shown to be right by its results.” (Matthew 11:18-19). There are many who must observe the call to sobriety or the John the Baptist anointing, "for he will be great in the sight of the Lord. He is never to take wine or other fermented drink, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit even before he is born." (Luke 1:15). Those with genetic dispositions to becoming alcoholics should be as John the Baptist, and as the Apostle Paul said, "Don't be drunk with wine, because that will ruin your life. Instead, be filled with the Holy Spirit."(Ephesians 5:18). 

However, wine is used in the Communion, Jesus said, "This wine is my blood, which will be poured out to forgive the sins of many and begin the new agreement from God to his people. 29 I want you to know, I will not drink this wine again until that day when we are together in my Father’s kingdom and the wine is new. Then I will drink it again with you.” (Matthew 26:28-30 ERV), the first miracle was Jesus turning water into wine, "Standing nearby were six stone water jars, used for Jewish ceremonial washing. Each could hold twenty to thirty gallons.[b]Jesus told the servants, Fill the jars with water.” When the jars had been filled, he said, “Now dip some out, and take it to the master of ceremonies.” So the servants followed his instructions. When the master of ceremonies tasted the water that was now wine, not knowing where it had come from (though, of course, the servants knew), he called the bridegroom over. 10 “A host always serves the best wine first,” he said. “Then, when everyone has had a lot to drink, he brings out the less expensive wine. But you have kept the best until now!” This miraculous sign at Cana in Galilee was the first time Jesus revealed his glory. And his disciples believed in him," (John 2:1-11), Jesus drank wine at His death on cross for forgiveness of Sins showing He was Bridegroom, "After this, Jesus, knowing that all was now finished, said (to fulfill the Scripture), “I thirst.” A jar of sour wine was sitting there, so they soaked a sponge in it, put it on a hyssop branch, and held it up to his lips. When he had received the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished." With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit." (John 19:28-30).

However, Jesus said he would not drink wine until His coming again until He comes (Matthew 26:30) and the Apostles warn be sober, "Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings."(1 Peter 5:8-9), and Jesus says He will leave behind drunks and abusers, "A faithful, sensible servant is one to whom the master can give the responsibility of managing his other household servants and feeding them. 46 If the master returns and finds that the servant has done a good job, there will be a reward. 47 I tell you the truth, the master will put that servant in charge of all he owns. 48 But what if the servant is evil and thinks, ‘My master won’t be back for a while,’ 49 and he begins beating the other servants, partying, and getting drunk? 50 The master will return unannounced and unexpected, 51 and he will cut the servant to pieces and assign him a place with the hypocrites. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth," (Matthew 24:45-51), and "They will throw them into the blazing furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth." (Matthew 13:42). 

It then behooves us to not get drunk, and to enjoy the fruit of vine if it isn't compromising our alertness (an example is taking wine at Communion). For some the call is that of John the Baptist, which is total abstinence. Others can enjoy wine in moderation and self control. The answer is as Jesus said, in the fruit or results, "For John didn’t spend his time eating and drinking, and you say, ‘He’s possessed by a demon.’ 19 The Son of Man,[f] on the other hand, feasts and drinks, and you say, ‘He’s a glutton and a drunkard, and a friend of tax collectors and other sinners!’ But wisdom is shown to be right by its results.” (Matthew 11:18-19). Is the result of person who takes drink nothing but harmless, they don't get drunk, or is it harmful alcoholism and destroying their lives and their family? 

Edited by Fidei Defensor

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

I moved this thread out of the seekers lounge so replies can be made without needing approval.