• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

On 8/23/2017 at 0:24 PM, AlexDofTX said:

I have a theory that I want to share and see how everyone feels about this. 

On average, it takes about 7 years for every cell in the body to die and be replaced.  It takes 21 years for an infant to become an adult.  During this time period the cells are not only being replaced but they are also being transformed to create an adult.  But after 21 the seven year cycle only replaces dead cells.

Now, if you have ever made copies of a copy on a copy machine you will have a loss of picture quality.  If you keep making copies of copies, the picture will eventually be totally unrecognizable. 

I believe the spiritual entity we call sin is expressed in all creation as entropy which is the progressive decay of all things.  I believe that the spiritual entity called sin is why we change through aging.  The cycle from 21 to 28 has a slight difference, and we call it a mature look.  Twenty Eight to 35 brings us to middle age and the look changes a little more, but still has that youthful look.  But add another 7 years and keep going we replication is even more off, so much so that when we hit our 70's, 80's and 90's the replication is so far off we have organ failure and natural death.

Now here is my theory.  Jesus was born sinless. His cells still died and regrew, otherwise he could not have grown up.  But is it possible that after 21 the cell replication remained perfect? And if so that means, even though he was crucified at the age of 33, his appearance remained that of a 21 year old?  This might be a reason that John, who was a teenager during the Earthly ministry of Christ, was drawn to him.

What do you all think?

I think you should spend more time meditating on the Word of God and less time pondering sins effect on aging:)

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  54
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

You are on dangerous ground to espouse something which may make a young Christian fall away.  See Chapter 22 Revelations about adding & subtracting from and to God's word.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  54
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

And that does'nt even consider walking on water feeding over 5000 twice, and all the miracles.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  66
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

2 hours ago, coheir said:

you just explained how all human body cells work, Jesus became human just as we are. His cells worked the same as other humans. at 30 he looked 30 at 21 he looked 21.  One should not believe he became human but not like other humans, different in some way better than others.

Your answer is a common one.  Most people believe as you do.  But the question begs itself, since he had no sin, he could not die, for death is the result of sin.  If he did not go on the cross and take our sins voluntarily upon himself he would have lived forever.   Most people don't believe that, but I do.  He could not die with out our sins.  Aging is the result of sin, not cells created new as old cells, thus we die naturally if we don't die prematurely.

Thank you for your input.

1 hour ago, Reinitin said:

I think you should spend more time meditating on the Word of God and less time pondering sins effect on aging:)

This is pondering the Word of God, for Jesus is the Word and his life is the center of all my thoughts.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

11 minutes ago, AlexDofTX said:

he could not die, for death is the result of sin.    

Aging is the result of sin, not cells created new as old cells, thus we die naturally if we don't die prematurely.

It seems something is missing from such reasoning.

Before Adam and Eve sinned, there was no record of death.  Yet, after they sinned, we see death in plants, animals, and people.  Do plants and animals all sin, resulting in death?  Scripture states that Jesus grew up, as in He aged, I see no reason to think any deeper on this.  As Jesus did take on our sins to redeem us, yet He always has and always will live forever.

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

3 hours ago, AlexDofTX said:

This is pondering the Word of God, for Jesus is the Word and his life is the center of all my thoughts.

oh

9 hours ago, hmbld said:

It seems something is missing from such reasoning.

Before Adam and Eve sinned, there was no record of death.  Yet, after they sinned, we see death in plants, animals, and people.  Do plants and animals all sin, resulting in death?  Scripture states that Jesus grew up, as in He aged, I see no reason to think any deeper on this.  As Jesus did take on our sins to redeem us, yet He always has and always will live forever.

We need to consider death from two points: one is regeneration and the second is as our enemy.  It is not possible for anything to grow without cells dying then being replaced through regeneration.  Natural healing of torn tissue is done through regeneration.  Regeneration has two uses: maturation and replication.  Maturation, of course, is the process of growth from infant to adult.  Replication is the sustaining of adult life.

Death as our enemy is the God created system of regeneration gone awry so the process is slightly off. This is what came after Adam and Eve sinned.  Before their sin, they still ate food.  What happened to the food?  The plant material went into waste back to the earth where decomposition broke the materials down returning it to soil. Ecology in paradise was symbiotic where everything worked in harmony together.  After the Fall of Mankind, ecology was bent towards parasitic where life took advantage of other life with no benefit in return.

Jesus needs to be understood in two ways.  As the Word, He is eternal with no beginning nor end. As the son of man he was created with a beginning, but without sin. Since he had no sin, death as an enemy had no place in him, therefore he could not die until he accepted our sins upon him.  He was resurrected because it was no his sin that killed him, but ours.

You may see no reason to think deeper on this, and that is fine because these thoughts have no impact on our salvation. But I like to think deeply on all that God has done because I marvel about him and what he has done.

Thank you for your response.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,239
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

We are given mandate by God to rightly divide His Word .... it was the curse of God against sin which brought about entropy. Sin itself is rebellion against God which is described as lie because it is not possible to do such... Lucifer took the things God had given him to increase the perception of God's glory to other angels and began thinking in his being, influenced by those abilities, that he could be God... sin began in that lie! The number one distinctive of God 'IS' that He 'IS' without begin and end and all else has existence by Him for Him unto His pleasure... Lucifer simply refused to use that which was given him to give back to God and this the first sin formed from lie! 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,485
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

My opinion is, Jesus was 100% God and 100% human. He got tired, angry, hungry, thirsty, was sorrowed, was tempted, etc. I don't believe He was exempt from anything in the flesh other than sin. One of the many reasons He walked the earth in "the flesh", was to set an example in the flesh. Would it be an example if He didn't experience everything we experience in the flesh, including pain, suffering and aging? One hundred percent human means exactly that in my opinion. 

The question of "what if" is a moot point, since God had a plan that was going to be carried out down to the last second in time. Good thing there's no "time" in eternity, as I have so many questions to ask the Lord myself. If there were "time" in eternity, I'm sorry folks, but there wouldn't be enough "time" for y'all to ask your questions, since I would be hogging all of Jesus's time :D