• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

15 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

God has a body just as men who were made in His Image and likeness have. 

God goes from place to place just like any one else (Gen. 3:8; 11:5; 18:1-22, 33; 19:24; 32:24-32; 35:13; Zech. 14:5; Titus 2:13). God is omnipresent but not omni body, that is His presence can be felt everywhere but His body is not everywhere. God wears clothes (Dan. 7:9-14;
10:5-19; God eats food (
Gen. 18:1-22; Exodus 24:11).

John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84

5 minutes ago, hmbld said:

John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

I covered this earlier. I will add more here. God is a Spirit being, not the sun, moon, stars, nor an image of wood, stone, or metal, and not a beast or man. He is also not the air, wind, a universal mind, love or some impersonal quality as many in the world see Him and worship Him.

God is a person with a personal spirit body, a personal soul, and a personal spirit, like that of angels, and like that of man which He created, except His body is of spirit substance instead of flesh and bones (Job 13:8; Will ye accept his person? will ye contend for God? . . Heb. 1:3,  Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;)

God has a personal spirit body, Proof;

(Dan. 7:9-14; 10:5-19).

Dan.7: 9, I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.
    10, A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.
    11, I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame.
    12, As concerning the rest of the beasts, they had their dominion taken away: yet their lives were prolonged for a season and time.
    13, I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.
    14, And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

Dan. 10:5-19,  v. 5, Then I lifted up mine eyes, and looked, and behold a certain man clothed in linen, whose loins were girded with fine gold of Uphaz:
    6, His body also was like the beryl, and his face as the appearance of lightning, and his eyes as lamps of fire, and his arms and his feet like in colour to polished brass, and the voice of his words like the voice of a multitude.
    7, And I Daniel alone saw the vision: for the men that were with me saw not the vision; but a great quaking fell upon them, so that they fled to hide themselves.
    8, Therefore I was left alone, and saw this great vision, and there remained no strength in me: for my comeliness was turned in me into corruption, and I retained no strength.
    9, Yet heard I the voice of his words: and when I heard the voice of his words, then was I in a deep sleep on my face, and my face toward the ground.
    10, ¶ And, behold, an hand touched me, which set me upon my knees and upon the palms of my hands.
    11, And he said unto me, O Daniel, a man greatly beloved, understand the words that I speak unto thee, and stand upright:8 for unto thee am I now sent. And when he had spoken this word unto me, I stood trembling.
    12, Then said he unto me, Fear not, Daniel: for from the first day that thou didst set thine heart to understand, and to chasten thyself before thy God, thy words were heard, and I am come for thy words.
    13, But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia.
    14, Now I am come to make thee understand what shall befall thy people in the latter days: for yet the vision is for many days.
    15, And when he had spoken such words unto me, I set my face toward the ground, and I became dumb.
    16, And, behold, one like the similitude of the sons of men touched my lips: then I opened my mouth, and spake, and said unto him that stood before me, O my lord, by the vision my sorrows are turned upon me, and I have retained no strength.
    17, For how can the0 servant of this my lord talk with this my lord? for as for me, straightway there remained no strength in me, neither is there breath left in me.
    18, Then there came again and touched me one like the appearance of a man, and he strengthened me,
    19, And said, O man greatly beloved, fear not: peace be unto thee, be strong, yea, be strong. And when he had spoken unto me, I was strengthened, and said, Let my lord speak; for thou hast strengthened me.

Not one passage has ever been given by men to prove that God is intangible, immaterial. without bodily parts, and passions except John 4:24, "God is a Spirit" and this certainly does not teach that He is without a body. Spirit bodies must consist of material and bodily form to appear to men and make contact with them bodily as we know spirit beings do. Spiritual substance is a real as natural substance, except that it is of a higher type of matter and is governed by higher laws. John 4:24 is a mere statement of fact, that God is a Spirit being, but it does not define and or analyse a spirit. Bible writers that claim to have seen God with their eyes told either a lie or the truth. We cannot believe them and modern Bible teachers who contend that no man has ever seen God with their eyes. Both cannot be right for they contradict each other.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,127
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

3 hours ago, HAZARD said:

What is the trinity concept? That's a new one on me? By the way, I never said I was smarter than anyone. All I do is read God's Word and I believe what I read. Its that simple. God's Word has hundreds of Scriptures which I have posted showing who He is, what He can and cannot do, and what His plan for mankind is. Can you show just one Scripture that states God is a nothingness, floating about the universe

When I said you just don't have it I mean, what don't you get about just this one Scripture, ignoring the hundreds of others showing God has a body.

Genesis 1:26, And God said, LET US make man IN OUR IMAGE, AFTER OUR LIKENESS: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

I don't know about you, but I know this much. God Himself said we are made in the image of God, and after His likeness. When I look into a mirror, I see an image of myself and I see that I have a body, only mortal, the same a God's body, with hands, feet, a head with hair, loins, eyes, mouth, tongue, ears, and non of it is invisible. Why is that if I was created in the image and likeness of God my creator who said He would make us in His image and likeness?

God will also be seen by men in all eternity as we see each other now (Rev. 21:2-7; 22:3-5; Ezek. 43:7; 48:35). God can appear visible and invisible, and when eyesight is adjusted to see spiritual things, then spiritual sight will be as simple and normal as natural sight now. Our natural eyes are not adjusted now to see even some material things as they will be in the day when God removes the covering of darkness and the vale that is now spread over all nations, a condition existing since the fall of man (Isa. 24:21-22; 25:7; 1 Cor. 13:12). Then the light of the sun will be increased seven times and the light of the moon will be as the present light of the sun (Isa. 24:23; 30:26).

I didn't say that God didn't have a body, just that no one has seen the father.   Jesus and I agree on that concept.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84

20 minutes ago, other one said:

I didn't say that God didn't have a body, just that no one has seen the father.   Jesus and I agree on that concept.

Good. Like I said earlier in response to another, Jesus of the new Testament was God the Word of the Old Testament, not God the Father. But people on earth have heard the Fathers voice. I had a minister ague against that saying no one has heard the fathers voice. I directed him to these Scriptures;

Mark 1:11, And there came a voice from heaven, saying, Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
Mark 9:7, And there was a cloud that overshadowed them: and a voice came out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him.

It amazes me how anyone can believe God does not have a body. God must at least have a head, a mouth and a tongue for Him to be able to speak.

Guest shiloh357
5 hours ago, HAZARD said:

Dake was given a Spiritual gift, he knew the Bible backwards, he could give hours long sermons on any subject and quote all the relevant Scriptures, something have never seen of heard of before.

Which shows he had a lot of religion, but not much of anything else.   It is the lack of any genuine indwelling of the Holy Spirit that Dake was able to promote His heresy, and continue to garner a following of those who were undiscerning and willing to ignore his unrepentant, sinful attitude.   That, on its own disqualifies his teachings.   The holy Spirit doesn't anoint unrepentant sinners.

Just because he sinned, whether he repented or not, does not mean the gift he had and used was evil and wrong.

A Christian, a person who loved the Lord would have repented, he would have been grieved at how he had offended God. But Dake decided not to repent and just blame the devil.  False teachers continue today in their false teachings and in their impenitent immorality.   Lot's of sinners will stand before the Lord and recount the great and mighty deeds they did in His Name and they will be sent into destruction.

Even Solomon, after back sliding still retained his spiritual gift of wisdom. The sins of men, Dake, Moses, David, and Shakespeare have nothing to do with this discussion, just another diversion by you, because you cannot rebut the many hundreds of Scriptures in the Bible which proves beyond doubt that God has a body and goes from place to place just like any other being.  All you have contributed is just the same old spiteful, accusing, empty words.

Actually, I have responded to those claims and have addressed them, but you have responded with nothing  but more  of Dake's heresies. 

God has a body just as men who were made in His Image and likeness have.

No, He does not.  God is an omnipresent spirit, meaning that He is not limited to he confines of a body.    God, at times, manifested Himself in a body, so that man can see Him, as He did with many in the Bible, but that is only temporal.   His true essence has no form or image.   It was because God has no image or form, that the Israelites were not to make an image of Him.   He gave them no visible image from which to make an idol.

I have given many Scriptures proving this, you have not given us ONE proving otherwise.

No, you have provided Scriptures that you have perverted and twisted to make appear that they support your notions. 

Men with natural bodies have already gone to Heaven and have been living there for thousands of years.

No, they haven't.  Sinful flesh cannot go to Heaven.   Anyone who went to Heaven like Elijah and Enoch would have been transformed, as sin cannot enter  into Heaven.

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,774
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

8 hours ago, HAZARD said:

Now you are showing your true colors . . . . What a coward you turned out to be, and just like a typical Pharisee.

This is a personal attack.  Hazard YOU KNOW BETTER!  You've been here a long time.  This is your only warning before you are ban from topics.  I've removed the personal attack from your post.

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,774
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

@HAZARD you said you were attacked as a heretic.  I don't have time to read the thread.  Can you please REPORT the attack you referred to and I'll deal with the issue at hand.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  4,058
  • Content Per Day:  14.92
  • Days Won:  0

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 5:49 AM, shiloh357 said:

No, that is not what "Fundamental Christianity"  teaches about the Trinity.   We teach that the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are three Persons, who are fully God and yet also comprise one God.   That's how the Bible shows them to be.   We do not believe they are united in one body.  If you are going to cite the doctrine, at least cite it and represent it correctly.   An inaccurate foundational claim like this will only result in error being built on top of error.

The lie that is being taught and assumed is that God has a body.   If you are going to assume that God has a body and then interpret Scripture from that false premise.  The same holds true from the standpoint of teaching that each member the Godhead has a body.  Both are simply not true and not substantiated by a skilled and competent handling of God's word.

That is not entirely true.  There are things about God that our minds simply cannot grasp.   The Bible teaches that God is outside of our ability to fully comprehend Him.   There are things about God that we cannot understand.

Looking at this from a human perspective, what is the difference between the body, soul, spirit, intellect, thoughts, feelings, dreams, etc.  How do you think these align from a Biblical perspective?  Given, some are obviously connected.  No traps here, I am looking/searching for the difference between body, soul, spirit and intellect primarily.  I know we will have resurrected bodies, but what will remain of us when we are no longer under the temptation of the flesh?

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Looking at this from a human perspective, what is the difference between the body, soul, spirit, intellect, thoughts, feelings, dreams, etc.  How do you think these align from a Biblical perspective?  Given, some are obviously connected.  No traps here, I am looking/searching for the difference between body, soul, spirit and intellect primarily.  I know we will have resurrected bodies, but what will remain of us when we are no longer under the temptation of the flesh?

I am not sure what that has to do with the issue of the Trinity, so I am not sure what is it you're asking.  But I will say that the intellect, thoughts, feelings, and dreams are the realm of the soul.   The spirit, the part of you that is currently born again, is the real you, the part that goes to heaven when you die.

When sin is eradicated we will have new bodies that can live forever.  I am not sure what all of that entails, because we don't have a point of reference for it.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  4,058
  • Content Per Day:  14.92
  • Days Won:  0

50 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

I am not sure what that has to do with the issue of the Trinity, so I am not sure what is it you're asking.  But I will say that the intellect, thoughts, feelings, and dreams are the realm of the soul.   The spirit, the part of you that is currently born again, is the real you, the part that goes to heaven when you die.

When sin is eradicated we will have new bodies that can live forever.  I am not sure what all of that entails, because we don't have a point of reference for it.

So if I understand you correctly, the body and soul passes away at death, but our spirit is resurrected with new bodies.  I am trying to reconcile this with Genesis 1:26 and Genesis 2:7.  Thanks for you response.