• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.32
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 hour ago, Davida said:

People who talk about others are gossipers , slanderers and false accusers of the brethren .God is very clear how he feels about it. So why should I care about what nasty mean spirited people say? They are not my peeps. :cool:

Very good point . you should not .  nor do I care what others say about me.   I just care for the souls of the people.  I mean even those who hate me, I don't hate them

I just desire they Come to Christ .  As I believe you are the same way.  we forgive all who hate us.....its just we never conform to their evil . 

Its GOD first , Christ first.........from that we know how to love others from the LOVE that comes from GOD.  It sure is not like the false sensual love in many churches

that sprung from the world.  that love don't love .  no matter how kind and caring it seems.  For a love that honors not GOD first..........does not love man either. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

I have heard of him but I have never listened to him on the radio. I do know that he is a post trib believer.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

9 hours ago, Blueyedjewel said:

Walter and John are exactly the same in the fact that they are both  "reformed" theologians.

I guess you's have to define "reformed theologians". Walter was a Protestant sure, but he described himself as "Calminian" and "Charismatic Baptist".

When I first became a Christian, I listened to KYMS Radio, a tiny 3000 watt Christian radio station. Dr. Martin was on the an hour a day, Monday thru Friday, and three hours on Saturday nights. I Seldom missed those programs. I attended his adult Bible studies at Melodyland in Anaheim, and later at the Newport-Mesa Christian center.

A lot of my early beliefs as a Christian were formed during the years I listened to him. One of the things that really sunk in from him, was the importance of Bible study, not taking anyone's word for it, but to be a Berean. It was from him, that I learned there were other positions than the pre-trib rapture, and that is what started my on an 8 month long study, of every verse in the Bible, to see what the Bible said about eschatology.

I was very saddened by his death, as he had touched my life very meaningfully. I am glad to see that this thread, is mostly positive, concerning him.

• Thumbs Up 1

50 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

I guess you's have to define "reformed theologians". Walter was a Protestant sure, but he described himself as "Calminian" and "Charismatic Baptist".

When I first became a Christian, I listened to KYMS Radio, a tiny 3000 watt Christian radio station. Dr. Martin was on the an hour a day, Monday thru Friday, and three hours on Saturday nights. I Seldom missed those programs. I attended his adult Bible studies at Melodyland in Anaheim, and later at the Newport-Mesa Christian center.

A lot of my early beliefs as a Christian were formed during the years I listened to him. One of the things that really sunk in from him, was the importance of Bible study, not taking anyone's word for it, but to be a Berean. It was from him, that I learned there were other positions than the pre-trib rapture, and that is what started my on an 8 month long study, of every verse in the Bible, to see what the Bible said about eschatology.

I was very saddened by his death, as he had touched my life very meaningfully. I am glad to see that this thread, is mostly positive, concerning him.

Martin was a moderate Calvinist and was sympathetic to the charismatic movement which would make him not too attractive for me to listen to him.

46 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Martin was a moderate Calvinist and was sympathetic to the charismatic movement which would make him not too attractive for me to listen to him.

Maybe you should expand your horizons then Miss!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  133
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Wow, thank you for posting information about him--I had never heard of him prior to reading this thread. I think he's the first I've found who shares my beliefs across the board: post-trib, charismatic Baptist, etc. I'll enjoy reading his writings and listening to his broadcasts.

11 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Maybe you should expand your horizons then Miss!

No, my Christian discernment tells me that I am right on with my choices.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  136
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Speaking of Radio talk show hosts, (sorry to get off topic a little), does anyone know who the radio talk show host was (around the mid 80's - I don't know how long he was on before or after that time frame), because after I moved east from Texas, I never heard him again, but I listened to him for almost two years while there. I know his show was nationally broadcast. He was a Walter Martin type (although I've never heard Walter Martin) - spoke against cults/the occult. His personality was abrasive. It always struck me that something wasn't right about his theology. He wrote a fiction book, maybe a few. I think, but am not sure, that he was accused of falsifying information for sensationalism. Anyone know who that was?

Edited by Blue Moon

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  870
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  01/22/1968

i LOVE his videos and messages.

His mormon and jehovahs witnesses ones are AWESOME.

His debate with Van Hale on Youtube is awesome!

3 hours ago, Yowm said:

Check out his debate with Madame Murray O'Hare also.

or Madalyn Murray O'Hair