• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Well I wish they would hurry up, tele news is getting pretty boring. I dont know why they dont just draw straws, for the job. I mean to say all the cardinals are catholic.......aren't they? :noidea:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Zcopeman
Well I wish they would hurry up, tele news is getting pretty boring. I dont know why they dont just draw straws, for the job. I mean to say all the cardinals are catholic.......aren't they? :emot-drums:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I thought that they were voting already, but it doesn't start until the 18th.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  37
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I HAVEN'T HEARD BUT FROM ONE NEWS AGENCY ON THE NET THAT MENTIONED

JEAN MARIE LUSTIGER, CARDINAL ARCHBISHOP OF FRANCE AS A POSSIBLE CHOICE. IN TIME MAGAZINE, 1994 MAN OF THE YEAR;POPE JOHN PAUL 2, THE STORY SPOKE OF THE POPE LEANING ON THIS CARDINAL AS A POSSIBLE CHOICE. HE WAS BORN A JEW AND CONVERTED TO THE CATHOLIC CHURCH.

I THINK IT MAYBE POSSIBLE, ESPECIALLY WITH WHAT IS GOING ON OVER IN ISRAEL.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just like Lustiger, there is another Jewish Catholic who is quickly climbing the Roman Catholic ranks that may be a contender for a future Pope, possibly after the next...

As of this very last year, "Jean Baptist(e) Gurion," an Olivet, become Bishop of Jerusalem, Israel by the powers of the late Pope John Paul II. He speaks Hebrew, Italian, Spanish, French, English, and is highly regarded and well respected by both Jews and Arabs parties who admire his thoughts an views about the Israeli-Palestinian peace process. Rumor has it, he has his hands on all religious business in Jerusalem...

Could the voting conclave rumor be true, that on April 18th a Bishop may be chosen over a Cardinal as the next Pope?

"Jean-Baptist Gurion OSB Oliv (Israel) born at Oran (Algeria) 24 October 1934; professed 8 December 1962; solemn vows 12 December 1965; priest 29 June 1967; elected Abbot of St. Mary of the Resurrection 1999; received the abbatial blessing 11 July 1999; named Titular Bishop of Lydda and auxiliary of the Patriarch of Jerusalem for the pastoral care of Hebrew-speaking Catholics, 14 August 2003; consecrated 9 November 2003, at Kiryat Yearim, Israel, in the Church of Notre-Dame Arche d'Alliance, by Michel Sabbah, Latin Patriarch of Jerusalem, assisted by Cardinal Roger Marie

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

Well I wish they would hurry up, tele news is getting pretty boring. I dont know why they dont just draw straws, for the job. I mean to say all the cardinals are catholic.......aren't they? :emot-hug:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I don't think the entire St. Louis team is Catholic-I think Albert Pujols is a Protestant, but I'd make a good bet that they'll probably elect Tony LaRussa for Pope!!!! :blink::blink::noidea:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,195
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Well I wish they would hurry up, tele news is getting pretty boring. I dont know why they dont just draw straws, for the job. I mean to say all the cardinals are catholic.......aren't they? :emot-hug:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, but they do have St Malichi's prophesy to fulfill....

se

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  193
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  09/20/1965

Just like Lustiger, there is another Jewish Catholic who is quickly climbing the Roman Catholic ranks that may be a contender for a future Pope, possibly after the next...

As of this very last year, "Jean Baptist(e) Gurion," an Olivet, become Bishop of Jerusalem, Israel by the powers of the late Pope John Paul II.  He speaks Hebrew, Italian, Spanish, French, English, and is highly regarded and well respected by both Jews and Arabs parties who admire his thoughts an views about the Israeli-Palestinian peace process.  Rumor has it, he has his hands on all religious business in Jerusalem...

Could the voting conclave rumor be true, that on April 18th a Bishop may be chosen over a Cardinal as the next Pope?

"Jean-Baptist Gurion OSB Oliv (Israel) born at Oran (Algeria) 24 October 1934; professed 8 December 1962; solemn vows 12 December 1965; priest 29 June 1967; elected Abbot of St. Mary of the Resurrection 1999; received the abbatial blessing 11 July 1999; named Titular Bishop of Lydda and auxiliary of the Patriarch of Jerusalem for the pastoral care of Hebrew-speaking Catholics, 14 August 2003; consecrated 9 November 2003, at Kiryat Yearim, Israel, in the Church of Notre-Dame Arche d'Alliance, by Michel Sabbah, Latin Patriarch of Jerusalem, assisted by Cardinal Roger Marie

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,801
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

I don't get the whole voting thing :thumbsup: These fallible cardinals vote for an "infallible" pope? :thumbsup: The pope becomes "infallible" when he's elected??? :thumbsup: Or is he supposed to be infallible now? and if so, shouldn't it be apparent who they should vote for? They need a 2/3 vote (?) for a pope to be elected... so 2/3 are saying he "is" or "will be" infallible??? Shouldn't the votes be unanimous??? :wub:

FTR: I do not believe the pope to be infallible.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,195
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I don't get the whole voting thing :thumbsup: These fallible cardinals vote for an "infallible" pope? :thumbsup: The pope becomes "infallible" when he's elected??? :thumbsup: Or is he supposed to be infallible now? and if so, shouldn't it be apparent who they should vote for? They need a 2/3 vote (?) for a pope to be elected... so 2/3 are saying he "is" or "will be" infallible??? Shouldn't the votes be unanimous???  :wub:

FTR: I do not believe the pope to be infallible.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have some catholic friends who say that their chruch does not say that the pope is infallible in all things he does or says, I believe they told me it just pertained to doctrine and those things that make up their theology. That is just what I have been told, but can't be sure it is totally the truth.

se

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  81
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Just a note concerning the Cardinal from Israel -- actually it's concerning his consecration in Israel. It was presided over by Michel Sabbah who is the Latin Patriarch of Jerusalem. As far as I know this man , Sabbah, is very anti-semetic and very pro-palestinian. This gives me pause and concern. I wonder how close the Cardinal is to Sabbah? I just don't know that. Do any of you have any further information on this ?

• Group:  Soapbox - Members
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  962
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/11/1932

Father will we have a pope?

Yes, my lucky son.

The cardinals are voting now,

A pope before they