IGNORED

Who Gave God authority in Heaven and earth?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

So God said: All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth in Matthew 28:18 So my question is who gave God authority? this is confusing me

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  141
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Christ said all authority was given Him  by God the Father, He is God Incarnate.  God is I Am,  not made or created.  The beginning of the Universe was the Word and the Word was with God. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,116
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Most people get confused be all this for most don't have a good understanding of what/who God is. To answer your question simply the Father gave Jesus that authority.

you still didn't answer my question
(Jesus is God the Father) but who gave it to him this "Authority" this part what's confusing me

or are you saying he gave it to himself? 

for one to be Given Authority would that not mean he did not have authority beforehand? just like the President he was given Authority?  what was this authority that was given and what year did he receive this authority? Do you think maybe God had to learn how to be obedient in his fleshly life so he could recive his authority back in Heaven?

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

Jesus is not God, the Father. Jesus is God, the Son, two different persons. This is a spiritual reality for which all physical analogies will fall short. Consequently, it is difficult to explain and/or understand. It is understood by faith and is given to Christians by revelation. Those who do not have the Spirit of God in them, probably cannot understand it, nor believe it, as things of faith are often foolishness to those who lack faith.

Christians understand the Bible to reveal, that God eternally exists in three persons, One person is the Father, who is called God by the Bible. Another person is the Son, who is also called God. The third person is the Spirit, whi is called God too. Still, the Bible is emphatic, that there is only one God. Ergo, the three persons, are the one God.

I do not expect you to get this, in a way that you will be able to receive it, but I hope you can at least, understand what it us, that I am trying to communicate, whether you can accept it or not. It is a tough question asked by many, and I totally understand why it confuses people.

We humans are used to understanding the world around us, by learning from what we can experience. However, these experiences  are mostly about the physical universe of time, matter, energy and space. God is not any of those, He is the author of, or  Creator of those things. Understanding of things spiritual, does not come from things physical, only God can truly reveal these things and grant understanding.

Still, feeble as they are, I offer these illustrations:

trinity_diagram.gif

trinity.jpg

Now, with that basic framework out of the way, back to your question, which was not properly phrased really. The correct question is:

"Who gave Jesus all authority in Heaven and Earth?" 

The Son, existed in eternity, with God the Father and God the Spirit, and they (as the one God) were involved in the Creation. Through events that you are probably familiar with, mankind is separated from God, by mankind's sin.

Mankind is sinful and not capable of pleasing God, and that sin is what separates us. Sins we could not restore our relationship to God, God had to fix things. What God did then, is to send the Son to become part of the creation, to become a man, and the Son was born into humanity, by the birth of Jesus. The Son, never stopped being God, but He then had become the man Jesus.

Jesus lived a sinless life, and paid the ultimate sacrifice, His own death of the cross, to pay the for the sins of all sinners who accept Him by faith. He died at the hands of sinful men, the innocent for the guilty, in a supreme act of love. Then, in three days, He rose victoriously from the grave, having reconciled sinners to God. He took the sins of believers on Himself, and gave them His righteousness. Believers sin sin, but they have been credited with the righteousness of Christ / Jesus, and are thereby forgiven. They have been pronounced "not guilty", in God's spiritual courtroom. The fine is paid, they are free!

Now Jesus lives forever, this man AND God in a new body not capable of dying again, it is an eternal body. Now He lives, interceding for believers, and it is Jesus, the Son of God, that God the Father has given authority to.

That is the answer to your question.

Welcome to Worthy!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  11,715
  • Content Per Day:  4.59
  • Days Won:  106

6 hours ago, Truth is Power said:

So God said: All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth in Matthew 28:18 So my question is who gave God authority? this is confusing me

Hi and welcome Truth is Power!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,116
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

4 hours ago, Truth is Power said:

you still didn't answer my question
(Jesus is God the Father) but who gave it to him this "Authority" this part what's confusing me

or are you saying he gave it to himself? 

for one to be Given Authority would that not mean he did not have authority beforehand? just like the President he was given Authority?  what was this authority that was given and what year did he receive this authority? Do you think maybe God had to learn how to be obedient in his fleshly life so he could recive his authority back in Heaven?

first of all as Omegaman stated, Jesus is not the Father, but he did exist in the form of God before he sat that aside and was incarnated as a man.   Jesus was/is the old testament god of Israel......     When he sat that position aside and existed as a man he did not have the authority that he had when he existed as god, but when he was resurrected and went back to heaven, the Father restored his power and authority.   When he was here in the flesh he only represented what the Father wanted him to show us.   nothing he did was on his own.

I might add though that the Bible says that when he has made all enemies their footstool, he will subject himself back under the Father so things will be as they should be....

Now your question about where the Father got his Authority, he is the eternal always existed entity that caused all of creation to be....     it was actually Jesus in his pre-flesh being that did the actual creating, but it was the Father from which all things came from.

Think of it kind of like this.

The Supreme court is one body made up of 9 judges.      Our God is one body made up of three entities that all think together, act together seek the same things together as one.        We really can't have any one of the three without all three.          We as humans can not be in the presence of the Father just because we are what we are.  What Jesus has done has made it possible for us to have a relationship with the Father, but in our mortal bodies it has to be through the Holy Spirit.     We could not have the Holy Spirit without what Jesus has done for us and asked the Father to send Him.

Btw you can make anything your god......   money, power, Marduk, Baal or any number of fallen angel/demonic pagan gods....      or Satan, or most common for unbelievers one can make themselves their god.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

trinity_diagram.gif

trinity.jpg

hold up you believe The Holy ghost is a God and a person? where is the scripture for that, please-seriously I would be grateful if you can give scriptures on that one? I never heard of this before nor have I read it sorry. I don't agree I believe Jesus is a Mighty God but Not the Almighty God he was Gods actual Son whom he created.

8 minutes ago, Truth is Power said:

hold up you believe The Holy ghost is a God and a person? where is the scripture for that, please-seriously I would be grateful if you can give scriptures on that one? I never heard of this before nor have I read it sorry. I don't agree I believe Jesus is a Mighty God but Not the Almighty God he was Gods actual Son whom he created.

No, I do not beleive that the Holy Ghost, is A God  I believe He is THE Godl

You know what Truth is Power? This is the Welcome area of the forum, not the place for theological discussion nor debate. I am sure you can find a thread in the forums here, on the Trinity, if you use the search feature. Alternatively, or look at Got Questions (on the web), where others have already gone into this in detail and clarity, doing a better job than I can. Even a google search on "is the holy spirit god" or 'is the holy spirit a person" will find a lot or returns.

Bear in mind though, that when I say person, I do not mean a human, I mean a being endowed with traits of personality, like He feels, thinks, speaks, etc.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

25 minutes ago, Truth is Power said:

I don't agree I believe Jesus is a Mighty God but Not the Almighty God he was Gods actual Son whom he created.

BTW, that sounds similar to the false doctrines of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, a spiritually dangerous, non-Christian cult.

• Thumbs Up 1