IGNORED

Pelagianism

Robert William

Guest shiloh357
15 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Okay, so you decided you want to argue some more. You can deny calling a person a scripture twister is being rude. I guess we just disagree. I suppose that you thing that is treating someone with love and respect? We obviously have different dictionaries, not just different interpretive rules.

As has been pointed out, when people ARE twisting Scripture, it is not rude to point it out.   The only reason it is suddenly rude to you, is because it touches on something you sympathize with.   If he was promoting JW doctrine and I said he was twisting Scripture, we would not be having this discussion.

Maybe that was so, and if so, I never saw it, I did not read the thread. If that is the case then yes, that could have been addressed. Question, did you report it? Or were you just thinking that the admins were mind readers or that we read every post. Well, we are not, and we do not. If a user is out of line, report it, don't react in kind.

Whether it was reported or not by me or anyone else, the point is that you know about it NOW and you have no intention of dealing with it.  You are not going to deal with it, because your purpose here is to come after me for saying that Calvinism is false teaching that Scripture is being twisted to support it.     Even though you know about it now, you have expressed zero interest in actually addressing it.   So it appears that he can continue accuse me of being a heretic and it makes you no never-mind.

At this point, my patience is growing shorter, and the time wasted by me in reaction to your trying to push my buttons, is not appreciated. My recommendation, and my resisted temptation, is to just ban you from the topic, not as a censorship of your opinion, but in an effort to make this place, a more pleasant and dignified experience for all who are interested in actual topic discussion in the thread.

So it was a more pleasant and dignified experience when I and Luftwaffle were being accused of heresy?  I am not pushing your buttons.  I am endeavoring to reason with you. 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

Hmm, I was just settling in and my email alerts me that I was quoted again. So, you still want to make a fight of this it seems.

You accuse me of acting as I have, based on my sympathy to a specific position. Essentially, you are calling me a liar, since I have already informed you, that this is not the case. Do I have a theological bias? Yes, I do. Does it control who I favor or criticize om matters of behavior, not it does not. The heart may be wicked and deceitful above all things, but I know my heart better than you do Shiloh.

You also are trying to goad me into treating you in a special way, and avoid going through the channels set up here, to make is easy for you do deal with others. Well, I am not going to treat you in a special way. If you want a situation of a person you accuse of calling you a heretic to be dealt with, report it. Show us the actual post where this exists, state your case in the report, and it will be looked into. It is not difficult, you can do it, instead of dragging this out here.

Report it, and someone will deal with it as is appropriate. If no one else does, I will. I am cutting you a lot of slack here Shiloh, I suggest you consider taking it, or drop it. Not going to rewrite policies and procedures to suit your personality. Not going to, and cannot, it is not my place.

Also, feel free to report me as well, if you think I am behaving wrongly, we (admins) are not immune from reports, and I would be happy to have this looked into by the others, George included, though I hate to bother him with trivial matters such as this.

Again, you can reply to this, in the thread, without me reacting, just avoid the quote feature. Again also, if you choose to ignore that method, you will get a response. This is the last time I am making that offer. If you persist on dragging this out, I will report it myself, and we well let the chips fall where they may for you and for me. Your call brother!

Guest shiloh357
4 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Hmm, I was just settling in and my email alerts me that I was quoted again. So, you still want to make a fight of this it seems.

No, I don't.  That is not my intention at all.

You accuse me of acting as I have, based on my sympathy to a specific position. Essentially, you are calling me a liar, since I have already informed you, that this is not the case.

I am not calling you a liar.   I was going off of this statement from you:  "Yes, I am sympathetic, to "Calvinism", the same way I am sympathetic to the doctrine of the trinity."

I am not calling you a Calvinist, since you deny being one, but you are sympathetic to that point of view.

Do I have a theological bias? Yes, I do. Does it control who I favor or criticize om matters of behavior, not it does not. The heart may be wicked and deceitful above all things, but I know my heart better than you do Shiloh.

I have not said anything about your heart.

You also are trying to goad me into treating you in a special way, and avoid going through the channels set up here, to make is easy for you do deal with others.

No, I am not doing that at all.  I am simply pointing out that if the only reason you are not dealing with me being accused of heresy is that you didn't' know about it because it wasn't reported, that argument can't be used, NOW.  

If you want a situation of a person you accuse of calling you a heretic to be dealt with, report it. Show us the actual post where this exists, state your case in the report, and it will be looked into. It is not difficult, you can do it, instead of dragging this out here.

I wanted it to be dealt with, I would have reported it.   My point in bringing it up is not so you will discipline the accuser.  I am simply pointing out the inconsistency of your reaction.   When you thought I was accusing someone heresy, it was a big deal.   But when both I and Luftwaffle pointed out that the only one on here accusing he and I of heresy, it didn't matter and was brushed aside.

Also, feel free to report me as well, if you think I am behaving wrongly, we (admins) are not immune from reports, and I would be happy to have this looked into by the others, George included, though I hate to bother him with trivial matters such as this.

I don't think you are "behaving badly."  Again, I am just trying to reason with you.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78

On 9/27/2017 at 3:26 AM, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Well, to whatever degree people are accused of twisting scripture, I suppose I accuse people of that, I sure have not been shy about pointing out that people are believing things that are not stated in scripture, while they behave as if they are. In any case, that report button is there for people to report the abuse of other users, and even I, can be reported, no one is immune.

Yes, I am sympathetic, to "Calvinism", the same way I am sympathetic to the doctrine of the trinity. I can tell people why I believe the Trinity is true, and is scriptural. I will also  here them tell me that the word Trinity cannot be found in scripture. Perhaps, they have hermeneutical reason they think they are correct. I won't be able to convince them. We could go back and forth, calling each other scripture twisters, but that does not make the behavior acceptable.

I do not have to quote 1 Pet 3:15  to you, I suspect you know it by heart. It is the "wtih humility and respect" aspect of it, that I am trying to urge people to adopt.

What I hate most is when I pray for us the body of Christ. I know the divisions are wrong in this way. Many who pray "we" and "they" Hold them self divided from The body.

8 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

I wasn't rude.   I was the one being accused of heresy.   But you don't really care about that, even after both I and Luftwaffle brought it up to you. 

One man's savior was other mens heritic. One man's life giving Word is another mans heresy. What can you do but honor our King, be grateful to our High Priest and cling to our One God, One Savior and His One Spirit. We will either love one another in Christ or be accusers. We know the accusing has it's sorrowful end and a day every mouth is stopped.

Guest shiloh357
2 minutes ago, Reinitin said:

One man's savior was other mens heritic. One man's life giving Word is another mans heresy. What can you do but honor our King, be grateful to our High Priest and cling to our One God, One Savior and His One Spirit. We will either love one another in Christ or be accusers. We know the accusing has it's sorrowful end and a day every mouth is stopped.

Okay, but that really has nothing to do with what I was talking about.

Just now, shiloh357 said:

Okay, but that really has nothing to do with what I was talking about.

lol, well i just know Jesus died accused by some of heresy. and being called a heritic by some is such a blessing.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

10 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

No, I am not doing that at all.  I am simply pointing out that if the only reason you are not dealing with me being accused of heresy is that you didn't' know about it because it wasn't reported, that argument can't be used, NOW.  

OK, first things first.

Yet again, you intentionally drew me back into this. Good job. However, the argument stands that if you want the issue dealt with, that you say I am ignoring, then the proceedure is, use the report button. I already told you that it will be looked at, and dealt with, even by me, if no one else will.

It is a matter of it being recorded in the record, not just complaining in a thread. It is a matter of you giving the specifics, or you accusations, to we can see exactly who said what to whom,, and not have to comb through pages and pages of dialogue. If it is something you want handled, go though the proper procedure, not making new rules just for you Shiloh! If it is not worth reporting, or you do not care enough to click a button and type, don't expect much to happen, you can help us out, or not, that is your call. If you choose not to, then probably nothing will happen, but that is under your control.

Now, the second thing I myself, was reported by a user, about my behavior in this thread, that I was threatening to ban a user, over a difference of opinion. Reality is, that there was no threat, but I admitted being tempted. Also, the reason was not a difference of opinion anyway, but a matter of behaviors and the environment of the thread. It was, however, pointed out to me by another moderation team member, that I am the one who seems unreasonable. I accept that unbiased assessment.

Okay, so if I seem like an aggressive bully with an agenda, we shouldn't have that, so I am banning myself from this thread (assuming I can, the software may not let me) and I apologize to those reading this thread, for my part in making it seem like a hostile place.

I give up here - you "win" Shiloh. See you around.

P.S. I do not have the option to ban myself, so I will just not come back, going into self imposed exile!

Guest shiloh357
Just now, Omegaman 3.0 said:

OK, first things first.Yet again, you intentionally drew me back into this. Good job.

You don't have to respond if you don't want to.  That is totally your decision.  I didn't cause you to do anything you weren't already disposed to do.

However, the argument stands that if you want the issue dealt with, that you say I am ignoring, then the proceedure is, use the report button. I already told you that it will be looked at, and dealt with, even by me, if no one else will.

And I already said that had I wanted the situation dealt with, I would have reported it. I didn't bring it up to have you deal with it. I was making a larger point.

Now, the second thing I myself, was reported by a user, about my behavior in this thread, that I was threatening to ban a user, over a difference of opinion. Reality is, that there was no threat, but I admitted being tempted. Also, the reason was not a difference of opinion anyway, but a matter of behaviors and the environment of the thread. It was, however, pointed out to me by another moderation team member, that I am the one who seems unreasonable. I accept that unbiased assessment.

That wasn't me.

Okay, so if I seem like an aggressive bully with an agenda, we shouldn't have that, so I am banning myself from this thread (assuming I can, the software may not let me) and I apologize to those reading this thread, for my part in making it seem like a hostile place.

I give up here - you "win" Shiloh. See you around.

Whatever...

Guest shiloh357
Just now, angels4u said:

Shiloh you are very rude, in my opinion what you do is unacceptable ,can you not agree to disagree with somebody who is a Calvinist? If Jesus would come on the forum and read all of of this would he say"Well done?

Why not accept each other for who we are ,you do know that Calvinist are your brothers and someday you live with them everyday :)

Would it be much if we agree to disagree in done things and let God do the rest?

Calvinism is false teaching.  That's not rude. That's fact.   If we were talking about JWs or Mormons, it would not be rude to tell them they are believing something not in Scripture.  Calvinism is no different.