Fidei Defensor

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,360
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

And by their fruit we will know them, is that a correct statement, I believe so. So wherever location it started from is not the issue, it's founder is none other than "the evil one" and to not getting "caught up" in it is paramount for any true follower of Christ, amen, God bless.

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

On 2/24/2020 at 5:36 AM, charisenexcelsis said:

I think your experience is unfortunate and not truly reflective of the Pentecostal/Charismatic movement. The Body of Christ is both an organization and an organism. The organism brings life and the organization brings functionality.

Personal, ...from church history, the Pentecostal/Charismatic movement is man made and not from God, ...the Pentecostal's base their doctrine of Speaking in Tongues on the "supposed" Speaking in Tongues at the Azusa Street Revival of 1906-1909 because a neurotic young woman blurted out some gibberish, someone said she was speaking in Chinese so they sent her on a mission trip to China and she failed miserably, and came home in disgrace.

What the Azusa Street Revival "did" give the Church was the Holy Spirit giving the church a fresh outpouring of His Agape Love, and then in 1965, with the Jesus People Movement (Revival), He added to that Agape Love, ...His "method" of expositional teaching the Word of God to the Church, ...book by book, chapter by chapter and verse by verse.

Don't believe it, just visit a church that was planted from the Jesus People Movement and has remained faithful to the Holy Spirit (or denominational churches that have left their denomination and joined in to the Revival), ...you will experience both of those two Revivals combined into one.

When attending one of these churches we find ALL of the gifts Rom 12, manifestations 1 Cor 12, and ministries Eph 4, ...are working as prescribed in the Word of God by the Holy Spirit, ...doing all things in order, for God is NOT a God of disorder.

Lord bless  

55 minutes ago, charisenexcelsis said:

Your history is flawed. And I am a Jesus People. If you truly went to a Jesus People church, you might have a less controlling view of order. "Day by Day, O dear Lord, three things I pray: to see thee more clearly, to know thee more dearly, to follow thee more nearly."

Brother, I'm not going to argue with you, ...true Church history can not be changed by Wikipedia and/or Google, ...ummm, ....have you ever met Romaine?

Lord bless

@Heybro

Lord sent me to meet my Eve in her church which was on a different island than mine, after a couple of weeks there the pastor went on vacation to Canada, ...specifically Toronto Airport Vineyard, ...guess what he brought back with him, ...hypnotism and foisted it on the poor sheep as being "slain" in the spirit, ...I warned my wife's family, ...but who was I, ...the newcomer, ...so then I told them he would speak or sing in a monotone voice over and over the same word, ...he sang the word Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, ...over and over and over, ...then I told them he would come and touch you or push you on the forehead, ...so I asked them, "If it's truly the Holy Spirit then why does he even touch you," ...boy was he mad at me!!!  LOL

Lord bless

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

On 9/25/2017 at 5:41 PM, Fidei Defensor said:

The History of Charismatic Church began in Acts 2, 1 Corinthians 12:4-11,  "What then, brothers? When you come together, each one has a hymn, a lesson, a revelation, a tongue, or an interpretation. Let all things be done for building up. If any speak in a tongue, let there be only two or at most three, and each in turn, and let someone interpret. But if there is no one to interpret, let each of them keep silent in church and speak to himself and to God. 29 Let two or three prophets speak, and let the others weigh what is said. 30 If a revelation is made to another sitting there, let the first be silent. For you can all prophesy one by one, so that all may learn and all be encouraged, and the spirits of prophets are subject to prophets. 33 For God is not a God of confusion but of peace." (1 Corinthians 14:26-32), resurfaced with the French Huguenots, The Moravian Brethren, The Pentecostals, and finally the diverse Charismatics groups that exist today. 

Here is the place to discuss all things regarding Charisma and its history. 

holy-spirit-come-beverly-guilliams.jpg

Huguenot Cross

huguenot-cross.gif

There is no such thing as a "Charismatic" Church.

There is just the Body of Christ.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,224
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

12 hours ago, charisenexcelsis said:

Your history is flawed. And I am a Jesus People. If you truly went to a Jesus People church, you might have a less controlling view of order. "Day by Day, O dear Lord, three things I pray: to see thee more clearly, to know thee more dearly, to follow thee more nearly."

The history is not flawed and these things can be found  by recorded fact...  Just research when the modern Pentecostal movement began and all roads lead to what this man has reported!

15 minutes ago, charisenexcelsis said:

First, he misidentified the actual start of the Pentecostal movement. While the Azuza meeting were the great boost, it actually started several years earlier in Kansas. Second, he does not even mention Seymour. Then he claims connection with the Jesus People but identifies them with "order". I was there and what we brought into the church was a less orderly, more relaxed approach to worship. His entire criticism is based upon a small group that was almost universally rejected by the Pentecostal as being of the flesh. So maybe you should look outside your narrow sources.

again we are at different opinions in scholarship of topic :thumbsup: 

@charisenexcelsis a little off topic it is just a curiosity and seeing you have such deep roots in the charismatic movement a question:
When Jesus was here doing supernatural signs to verify His Person and those of His following

John 14:11

11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.
KJV

and then warned us through them of this

Mark 13:21-23

21 And then if any man shall say to you, Lo, here is Christ; or, lo, he is there; believe him not:

22 For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.

23 But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.
KJV

My Question why would The Good Shepherd of the 23 Psalms lead us into continued signs and wonders? Better yet why do we even need them?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  16

22 hours ago, enoob57 said:

My Question why would The Good Shepherd of the 23 Psalms lead us into continued signs and wonders? Better yet why do we even need them?

Why don't you ask Him?  Instead of denying what He clearly said?

Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons. Freely you have received, freely give.

He sent them to preach the kingdom of God and to heal the sick.

Luk 10:9

“And heal the sick there, and say to them, ‘The kingdom of God has come near to you.'

“Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father.

And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.

“He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned.

“And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues;

“they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

• Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1

40 minutes ago, Jostler said:

Why don't you ask Him?  Instead of denying what He clearly said?

here again you have side stepped my issue and continued on presenting your perspective of why sign gifts are for today... why quote me at all :noidea:  just present your views. Your answer "Why don't you ask Him?  Instead of denying what He clearly said? " It really is rather rude to quote and then ignore just to add more of your own rhetoric...