nebula

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  414
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

OK, OK. I have looked everywhere, can't find anything that says he was ever a practicing Jew. But I am sure I heard this from Hal Lindsay. Maybe he was talking about his parents or grandparents. I tried to find some info. on his parents, but have come up empty. I will keep looking.

Sorry, please disregard my post until I can find something concrete.

I'm so embarrassed. (I try hard not to quote something if I haven't seen it in writing.)

Can someone remove the post for me??? Thanks.

Most humbly,

CarolineS

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,801
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

A converted Jew?

Were did you get this information?

I'd like to see this! (Seriously!)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Me to because the BBC did a short profile on him and stated, "At the age of 14, he joined the Hitler Youth, as was required of young Germans of the time, but was not an enthusiastic member." It is not likely that he was ever a Jew.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I posted the BBC article on this thread. (I accidentally posted it under my when-seraph-freezes-in-chat-sign-in-with-sera name... I forget when I log in under sera in chat, it automatically changes how I'm logged in on the boards :huh: )

Edited by seraph

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  600
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,388
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Cardinal Lustiger of France was born a Jew. I can't find any reference of Ratzinger being Jewish.

I am sure that there are many things that we will learn over the next few days.

I for one don't buy what a lot of people are saying about this prophesy being fulfilled just because he calls himself Pope Benidict. That would mean that literally anyone could be pope and call himself this and would make the prophesy true. I don't think it really works that way. For all I know he decided on this name just because of the prophesy. We'll see if there is anthing else that comes up, but I don't buy just the name.

se

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  01/20/1959

Cardinal Lustiger of France was born a Jew.  I can't find any reference of Ratzinger  being Jewish.

I am sure that there are many things that we will learn over the next few days.

I for one don't buy what a lot of people are saying about this prophesy being fulfilled just because he calls himself Pope Benidict.    That would mean that literally anyone could be pope and call himself this and would make the prophesy true.  I don't think it really works that way.  For all I know he decided on this name just because of the prophesy.  We'll see if there is anthing else that comes up, but I don't buy just the name.

se

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree with you completely. Since the prophesy is so well known, I really wonder how much it influences the cardinals' actions, i.e; the need to carry out the prophesy to its fulfillment.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  172
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  01/13/1982

Indeed there is a lot of signs going on. Also, correct me if I am wrong, did he not say something about uniting the church or something?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

Its all very intreguing.

I for one don't buy what a lot of people are saying about this prophesy being fulfilled just because he calls himself Pope Benidict. That would mean that literally anyone could be pope and call himself this and would make the prophesy true. I don't think it really works that way. For all I know he decided on this name just because of the prophesy.

Interesting that you should point this out. It has a "twelve monkeys" feel to it. I am inclined to believe that the reason the new Pope has taken this new name is less important than the fact he has. For all we know, one porpose behind this prophesy was to guide this pope to take this name, for the sake of the prophesy.

:thumbsup: ...................... :thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

Cardinal Ratzinger came from a devoutly Roman Catholic family. His father was a policeman and young Ratzinger was drafted into the Nazi youth organization at the tender age of 14.

He was forced to join the NAZI army at age 16 but shortly after, defected from it's ranks and went AWOL.

Ratzinger was definitely NOT a JEW...but Lustinger is INDEED a Jewish convert to Catholicism. Last time I heard, he'd been residing in France. He was also a contender for the Papacy.

NOTE: There is considerable speculation that Lustinger would be an interesting choice for end times fulfillment.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  172
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  01/13/1982

Indeed there is a lot of signs going on. Also, correct me if I am wrong, did he not say something about uniting the church or something?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Uniting the church or ecumenism is portrayed as bad by Protestant's because of the belief that that's the goal of the false prophet and antichrist.

This goes against the teachings of Jesus and isn't at all eluded to in the prophetic scriptures.

Reverend Turmoil

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I never said Pope Benedict would be the Antichrist. But I do take note of how many people went nuts over the pope's election, still I am not saying he is the AC. I am alarmed that they do in fact call the priest father and the Pope holy father when Jesus clearly said that we should not call anyone on Earth our father in Matthew 23:9. In my personal opinion, when the pope is called the holy father, it sounds like they place him as equal to God the Father, himself. I do not know Pope Benedict personally, I am sure he is a great guy, and I do not think that a catholic cannot be saved.

As for the signs I was talking about, have you notice that there is a lot sizemic(sp? earthquakes and volcano eruptions and stuff) activity going on lately?

Mark 13:8 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be earthquakes in various places, and there will be famines and troubles. These are the beginnings of sorrows.

Now, maybe I am the only one, but doesn't it seem that this is going on right now?

How many earthquakes and volcano eruptions have we had in the past year?

Again, I stress that Pope Benedict, or any other in the Catholic church may not be the AC. I do know the the AC will be a deceiver and will be energized by Satan. I would not be surprized if the AC would claim to be a Christian, before he shows his true nature. But as of now, the AC has not been revealed, but I will remain vigilant.

P.S. If there are any geology buffs here, has the rate of earthquakes and volcano eruptions increased over the years? Just wondering.

Thanks.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  11/15/1968

According to the US Geological Survey, there really is no indication of an increase in seismic or volcanic activity, just better recording equipment.

Has their been an increase, not really sure. It does seem like it, though.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

That's one thing that's tough to determine - is there more, or are we just able to be aware of more when things happen?

Plus, with the world population growing, more lives are in more dangerous and affected areas. That makes it tougher.