• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

1 hour ago, OneLight said:
1 hour ago, Davida said:

No sorry , I disagree , it is not the same thing.  Tea was not made to invoke spirits of divination.  Someone who is overshadowed by divination spirits can use whatever -cards, sticks, stones, tea....etc.  Certain things exist that were created expressly for the purpose of interacting with demonic spirits and performing witchcraft - those things act as doorways to the demonic realm. Christians should have no part in them.

I enjoy a good game of cards.  I like to whittle sticks.  I climb cliffs and I drink tea.  It is not the item that is to be avoided, it is the evilness one uses them in that should be avoided.

50 minutes ago, Davida said:

You have totally missed my point. I said that those things are Not expressly made to interact with the demonic realm but there are things that HAVE been.

What I quoted and what I was replying to is underlined and in bold above.  That is what I was addressing.  It appeared to me that you were indicating that "cards, sticks, stones, tea....etc." where "created expressly for the purpose of interacting with demonic spirits" and "Christians should have no part in them".  If you meant something different, it did not come across as that.

• Group:  Royal Member

56 minutes ago, Blueyedjewel said:

So have I. I was a little girl that didnt know any better than to play with it.

If I were to adhere to OneLights definition whereas he says

I would not be a wise gal :)

I wasnt using the  board for evil at least I didnt think I was at the time. I was like 10! I thought I was talking to my mamaw! I was ignorant of the implications (spiritual realm attached to it super naturally) but that didnt change what happened! Evil spirits travel with the ouija board. It is used for demonic practices.

Wisdom to know the difference between using these items to pass the time away or to conjure up spirits would help you in realizing that I had nothing to do with demonic beings when using them. 

By the way, I never mentioned the Ouija board in my reply.

56 minutes ago, Blueyedjewel said:
1 hour ago, OneLight said:

I enjoy a good game of cards.  I like to whittle sticks.  I climb cliffs and I drink tea.  It is not the item that is to be avoided, it is the evilness one uses them in that should be avoided.

48 minutes ago, Davida said:

It just seems to me some people are acting as if there is nothing that exists that is spiritually dangerous and I think that is a very foolish attitude & a grave error.

Yes, that would be very foolish and a grave error, but who is acting in such a manor?

7 minutes ago, Davida said:

No, I was saying the opposite, perhaps I was not clear enough.

Just because a diviner can use tea, stones and sticks to tell the future  these were not created explicitly by men for this purpose -- however pentagrams and the like we're made to contact the demonic realm that is the difference.  

I agree.  Just like someone can use the stars to navigate, some use it to try and predict the future. 

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

59 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I would have been jumped on for insulting for a comment like that but you got affirmed lol.

I understand Yown you are touching on the wisdom that says an idol is nothing......and of course I agree, it's what the scripture says.  Still I wouldn't knowingly have any idols or pagan/occult symbols around as long as I had any say in it, and I don't believe for a second that you would either brother. :)  I understand your frustration too, and want to remind us all that even if we can fathom all mysteries but have not love we are nothing.  Even in the same chapter 1 Corinthians 8 where it talks about this wisdom concerning idols it reminds us that knowledge puffs up but love edifies.  And so hopefully those who don't mind iron sharpening iron won't mind me reminding us of these things, since we aren't speaking for our own sakes but helping to edify each other with whatever portion the Lord has been gracious to teach us......for what do any of us have that we didn't receive from Him.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

It is so crucial in these times that we test the spirits and spirituality tied to them, "Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you heard was coming and now is in the world already." (1 John 4:1-3). 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

4 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Right, we don’t even mess with Santas and Easter bunnies let alone Buddhas or Barbies lol.

Yep, amen........no Santas or Easter Bunnies or Buddhas or Barbies.......knowing what they represent I just don't care to have them around, and most importantly not to cause anyone else to stumble.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

9 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

Yep, amen........no Santas or Easter Bunnies or Buddhas or Barbies.......knowing what they represent I just don't care to have them around, and most importantly not to cause anyone else to stumble.

Santa Claus with red outfit and white beard is actually Oiden the Wanderer(norse god). I verified this from norse worshipper. The real St. Nicholas lived in Turkey, he put coins in slippers on the porch (stocking tradition) and he paid to save three daughters from becoming prostitues and sexual slaves. 

Same thing happend with Valentine's Day. It was about St. Valentinus who married people in secret because the Roman Emperor fobid marriage (interdict). Now Cupid is a focus of V-day and Cupid is a servant of Aphrodite (Ashteroth, Ishtar, Eastre, Isis, Queen of Heaven, goddess of carnal desires/sex, fertility, and war that Jeremiah the prophet confronted in Jeremiah Chapter 44). 

Easter gets its name from Eastre or Ishtar who is that same goddess as Ashteroth, also called  Persephone whose servants are bunnies (Easter Bunny). Easter Sumday was never called that by the Apostles, it was called The Lord's Day and Ressurection Day.  

Edited by Fidei Defensor
  • Thumbs Up 1

59 minutes ago, OneLight said:

1 hour ago, Blueyedjewel said:

So have I. I was a little girl that didnt know any better than to play with it.

If I were to adhere to OneLights definition whereas he says

I would not be a wise gal :)

I wasnt using the  board for evil at least I didnt think I was at the time. I was like 10! I thought I was talking to my mamaw! I was ignorant of the implications (spiritual realm attached to it super naturally) but that didnt change what happened! Evil spirits travel with the ouija board. It is used for demonic practices.

Wisdom to know the difference between using these items to pass the time away or to conjure up spirits would help you in realizing that I had nothing to do with demonic beings when using them. 

My point was tarot cards are known to be a gateway to evil spirits.  They are not merely cards. Whether one knows that they are demonic or not does not change the fact that they are.

A baby that touches a flame gets burned even when the baby doesnt know that the flame burns.

I never implied you did have anything to do with demonic spirits when using any of the things you mentioned.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,124
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

I would have been jumped on for insulting for a comment like that but you got affirmed lol.

he's not speaking of an individual person.