• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

32 minutes ago, Jude1:3 said:

So True.

The sad part is when The Holy Spirit shows you people who you thought were real Christians that were actually "Tares Among The Wheat" pretending to be Christians and were closet Occultist/Sorcerers. There are A bunch of them too.

I am finding that there is not a lot of "fruit of the Holy Spirit" in the Christian world. Very sad.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,543
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

On 9/30/2017 at 9:08 PM, warrior12 said:

The scripture verse below list sorcery as one of the ways that Babylon deceived ALL the nations.   What exactly or in your own descriptive words is sorcery.  Please no one liners, as this needs to be grasp by the saints here to a good understanding of what it entails. 

Revelation 18    King James Version (KJV)

23 And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.

Shalom, warrior12.

There's another possiblity.

(Y'know, I'm really surprised that I'm the only one who resorts to the Greek! Why is that?) The Greek word for "sorceries" is "pharmakeia":

NT:5331 pharmakeia (far-mak-i'-ah); from NT:5332; medication ("pharmacy"), i.e. (by extension) magic (literally or figuratively):
KJV - sorcery, witchcraft.

NT:5332 pharmakeus (far-mak-yoos'); from pharmakon (a drug, i.e. spell-giving potion); a druggist ("pharmacist") or poisoner, i.e. (by extension) a magician:
KJV - sorcerer.

NT:5333 pharmakos (far-mak-os'); the same as NT:5332:
KJV - sorcerer.

(Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright © 1994, 2003, 2006 Biblesoft, Inc. and International Bible Translators, Inc.)

(Normally, I write a phi with the letter "f," but in this case, so the association can be seen, I've left it a "ph" as it is written in Strong's.)

It could also be that "sorceries" is talking about "DRUG ABUSE!" And, "pharmakeus" could also be talking about "DRUG PUSHERS!"

Edited by Retrobyter
I forgot a comma.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,371
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, warrior12.

There's another possiblity.

(Y'know, I'm really surprised that I'm the only one who resorts to the Greek! Why is that?) The Greek word for "sorceries" is "pharmakeia":

NT:5331 pharmakeia (far-mak-i'-ah); from NT:5332; medication ("pharmacy"), i.e. (by extension) magic (literally or figuratively):
KJV - sorcery, witchcraft.

NT:5332 pharmakeus (far-mak-yoos'); from pharmakon (a drug, i.e. spell-giving potion); a druggist ("pharmacist") or poisoner, i.e. (by extension) a magician:
KJV - sorcerer.

NT:5333 pharmakos (far-mak-os'); the same as NT:5332:
KJV - sorcerer.

(Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright © 1994, 2003, 2006 Biblesoft, Inc. and International Bible Translators, Inc.)

(Normally, I write a phi with the letter "f," but in this case, so the association can be seen, I've left it a "ph" as it is written in Strong's.)

It could also be that "sorceries" is talking about "DRUG ABUSE!" And, "pharmakeus" could also be talking about "DRUG PUSHERS!"

Yes, i have read about the meaning being about drugs ect.  But the bible shows in many place where sorcery was spiritual manipulation . see below

Simon the sorcerer practiced an art the the people were stunned by his magical results.   Sorcery and it's practice seems harmless, but there are entities that are being invoked by the workings of it and the effects are very real.   This is being practiced today a lot more than many would realize, for profit and gain and evil.

Acts 8:9-25  King James Version (KJV)

But there was a certain man, called Simon, which beforetime in the same city used sorcery, and bewitched the people of Samaria, giving out that himself was some great one:

10 To whom they all gave heed, from the least to the greatest, saying, This man is the great power of God.

11 And to him they had regard, because that of long time he had bewitched them with sorceries.

Edited by warrior12

2 hours ago, warrior12 said:

Yes, i have read about the meaning being about drugs ect.  But the bible shows in many place where sorcery was spiritual manipulation . see below

Simon the sorcerer practiced an art the the people were stunned by his magical results.   Sorcery and it's practice seems harmless, but there are entities that are being invoked by the workings of it and the effects are very real.   This is being practiced today a lot more than many would realize, for profit and gain and evil.

Acts 8:9-25  King James Version (KJV)

But there was a certain man, called Simon, which beforetime in the same city used sorcery, and bewitched the people of Samaria, giving out that himself was some great one:

10 To whom they all gave heed, from the least to the greatest, saying, This man is the great power of God.

11 And to him they had regard, because that of long time he had bewitched them with sorceries.

Shalom, warrior12.

What you call "spiritual manipulation" others call "fraud." Shim`own the "magician" was a charlatan! It doesn't take that much; guys like Benny Hinn do it to thousands every day, in my opinion, of course! And, it's possible that Shim`own added to a mass hysteria by introducing his audience to hallucinogenics during his performances. That's been done by others in more modern times, like the late 19th century!

The word "bewitched" is the Greek word "existeemi":

NT:1839 existeemi (ex-is'-tay-mee); from NT:1537 and NT:2476; to put (stand) out of wits, i.e. astound, or (reflexively) become astounded, insane:
KJV - amaze, be (make) astonished, be besideself (selves), bewitch, wonder.

NT:1537 ek (ek) or ex (ex); a primary preposition denoting origin (the point whence action or motion proceeds), from, out (of place, time, or cause; literal or figurative; direct or remote):
KJV - after, among,  are, at, betwixt (-yond), by (the means of), exceedingly, (+abundantly above), for (-th), from (among, forth, up),  grudgingly,  heartily,  heavenly,  hereby,  very highly, in, ...ly, (because, by reason) of, off (from), on, out among (from, of), over, since,  thenceforth, through,  unto,  vehemently, with (-out). Often used in composition, with the same general import; often of completion.

NT:2476 histeemi (his'-tay-mee); a prolonged form of a primary staoo (stah'-o) (of the same meaning, and used for it in certain tenses); to stand (transitively or intransitively), used in various applications (literally or figuratively):
KJV - abide, appoint, bring, continue, covenant, establish, hold up, lay, present, set (up), stanch, stand (by, forth, still, up). Compare NT:5087.

It really doesn't have to do anything with demons or witchcraft! While that MAY contribute, many people do it without such help. It depends on how smoothe the charlatan is and how gullible the audience.

Edited by Retrobyter
to qualify my statement

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  391
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

4 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, warrior12.

"pharmakeia":

"Drugs" are definitely apart of it. 

Witches would use drugs and "Potions" to "Connect" to "The Spiritual Realm" 

Drugs open the doors to these type of things. Research "DMT" Trips. 

Sorcery is connecting with demons and fallen Angels and trying to use their power to manipulate things in the physical realm. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  391
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

41 minutes ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, warrior12.

What you call "spiritual manipulation" others call "fraud." Shim`own the "magician" was a charlatan! It doesn't take that much; guys like Benny Hinn do it to thousands every day, in my opinion,The word

"bewitched" is the Greek word "existeemi":

It really doesn't have to do anything with demons or witchcraft! While that MAY contribute, many people do it without such help. It depends on how smoothe the charlatan is and how gullible the audience.

These people are disgusting and they cast spells on the audience to try and deceive them.

They are Tares Among The Wheat and Yeshua Messiah will cast them into The Lake of Fire for what they are doing:

But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, Sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.

•Revelation 21:8

4 hours ago, Jude1:3 said:

These people are disgusting and they cast spells on the audience to try and deceive them.

They are Tares Among The Wheat and Yeshua Messiah will cast them into The Lake of Fire for what they are doing:

But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, Sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.

•Revelation 21:8

Shalom, Jude1:3.

I totally agree with you regarding "sorcerers"; it's just that "drug pushers" today fall into the same category.

This is the second time you've used the analogy, but the Parable of the Tares Among the Wheat is really about the Millennium. It is a parable about the "Kingdom of Heaven" or the "Kingdom from the Sky." It begins with the Kingdom of the Messiah and ends with the Kingdom of the Father. Check 1 Cor. 15:20-28.

8 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

t really doesn't have to do anything with demons or witchcraft! While that MAY contribute, many people do it without such help. It depends on how smoothe the charlatan is and how gullible the audience.

just as a reminder, the spiritual world of magic and sorcery did exist in the past as pharoah men replicated moses act of the staff into a serpent.  That was a physical manifestation of a spiritual invocation.  Did these things just vanish.  From my experience with the battles of the spirit realm, these spiritual forces exist and are very powerful and people dabble with them thinking they just play and try them, but the soon get bit and get hooked into a very secretive world that is ever increasing.   But this is what sorcery is all about, something that you cannot see, but does exist and it's satanic and occultic power that is unseen with the eyes.  Those who have spiritual discernment, to these are  those who can attest to those things.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, warrior12 said:

just as a reminder, the spiritual world of magic and sorcery did exist in the past as pharoah men replicated moses act of the staff into a serpent.  That was a physical manifestation of a spiritual invocation.  Did these things just vanish.  From my experience with the battles of the spirit realm, these spiritual forces exist and are very powerful and people dabble with them thinking they just play and try them, but the soon get bit and get hooked into a very secretive world that is ever increasing.   But this is what sorcery is all about, something that you cannot see, but does exist and it's satanic and occultic power that is unseen with the eyes.  Those who have spiritual discernment, to these are  those who can attest to those things.

Shalom, warrior12.

Perhaps, but I really don't think so. HaSatan (Hebrew for "the Enemy") does a lot of roaring, but he's really a TOOTHLESS lion. I've heard accounts of weird things happening to people who give themselves over to that sort of thing, but I don't mess with haSatan or his minions and he knows enough not to mess with me; I turn him over to EL ELYOWN right away! The Lord knows I shoot myself in the foot often enough on my own!

Edited by Retrobyter

1 hour ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, warrior12.

Perhaps, but I really don't think so. HaSatan (Hebrew for "the Enemy") does a lot of roaring, but he's really a TOOTHLESS lion. I've heard accounts of weird things happening to people who give themselves over to that sort of thing, but I don't mess with haSatan or his minions and he knows enough not to mess with me; I turn him over to EL ELOWN right away! The Lord knows I shoot myself in the foot often enough on my own!

I hear your words, but you know there is a saying " Who is in the kitchen feels the heat".   I pray also that you are continued to be safe and not get entangled with any web. But you know, life is like this, you never know what trials the lord can and may send your way.   Job had a trial, whereby satan tormented him with the permission of the lord and you or me are not exempted even as christians.   Some christians go through things that when they speak of it, they may sound foolish to others, but this it just the world that we live in, both flesh and sprit and they both have their dramas.    

Sorcery deals with the spiritual realm and only when you have had the encounters for yourself then you would be able to truly what that word means.  When i mean encounter, the christian don't have to be dabbling with anything, it is just the circumstance that may come your way from life's journey.  Anyway, good to hear of your replies