• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

10 minutes ago, Pudgenik said:

It is the bottom line that is most important. Is Jesus in the center of your heart. Nothing is more important.

Yep, the bottom line is the love you have for our Savior & your love will be reflected by doing what He asked of us, searching the scriptures & worship him in Spirit & truth. I highlight truth because it seems to be left out by many, &  by no means are directing that at you. If you are not worshiping him in His truth  who's is it.

Going to Church will not save you, but not going can be a huge problem as I have witnessed people trying to do in on their own. The bible says a holy convocation which means a comping together I'm to believe.

God Bless   

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Saturday or Sunday.   ITS Friday today.   Who has the days confused.  

1 minute ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Saturday or Sunday.   ITS Friday today.   Who has the days confused.

What is this suppose to mean

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Just now, Riccardo said:

What is this suppose to mean

You just smile Riccardo .   People still fighting over this I see.

Here lets make it simple.  actual Sabbath is fri evening to sat evening.    But let no man judge in meat drink or Sabbath days.     

1 minute ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

You just smile Riccardo .   People still fighting over this I see.

Here lets make it simple.  actual Sabbath is fri evening to sat evening.    But let no man judge in meat drink or Sabbath days.

(:   I think its important to discuss,  I don't like fighting but I do disagree with some, there are some bullies on this site & there are some very good Christians also, if they hold a different point of view I don't mind. I just try to direct, I have learnt things here, I was a Sunday keeper for some 25 yrs but fir the past 15 Sabbath keeper I'm 65. lived through the 70 (: not all my friends did.  

By the way ifs Saturday here (: I live in a Muslim country in a Hindu island in a Muslim village this is my contact to Christians brothers, some not so brotherly ):

God bless   

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

34 minutes ago, Riccardo said:

Brother this has been explained over & over.

The hand writing of requirements were placed in the side of the arc not in it with the 10 commandments and are separate in meaning.

The shadows were all pointers pointing forward to Christ  the Sabbath day was instituted at creation not pointing forward, like the ceremonial sabbaths. The Sabbath cannot be a shadow as it was before sin & there was no need at that stage to have pointers. 

God Bless

Hi Riccardo,

I know this has been done over like a Sunday dinner. I ask, did you read the rest of my post, did you understand it, and why did you not quote all of my last post?

This;

Paul wrote, But why dost thou judge they brother? or why dost thou set at nought they brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ . . . . So the every one of us shall give account of himself to God. Let us not therefore judge one another any more."

If the law of Moses, including the fourth commandment, was in force in the new covenant the above statement would never have been written by Paul. Each Christian can do as he pleases concerning the Sabbath and is not to be judged by his brother "Any More."

Christian experiences do not come by the law. "Receive ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?. . . .the law is not of faith: but. the man who doeth them [things of the law] shall live in them. . . . how turn ye AGAIN to the weak beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire to be in bondage?" (Gal. 1:6-9; 2:15-21; 3:1-12, 19-25; 4:1-3, 19-31; 5:1-9, 11-21).

"Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years [that the law required]. I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed labour upon you in vain" (Gal. 3:1-12; 4:9-11). Going back to observe Sabbaths according to the law is spoken of here as going back into the bondage of the law. If one does this he is a debtor to do the whole law (Gal. 5:3).

The law was added because of transgressions, TILL THE SEED [Christ] SHOULD COME to whom the promise was made . . . But before faith came [that Christ brought in the gospel and the new covenant, Heb. 12:1, 2],we were kept under the law, shut up unto that faith WHICH SHOULD AFTERWARDS BE REVEALED. . . .Wherefor the law was our schoolmaster to bring us to Christ, THAT we might be justified by faith.

BUT AFTER that faith is come, WE ARE NO LONGER UNDER A SCHOOLMASTER" (Gal 3:19-25). Not being under the law here is explained as being out from under its authority like one who is no longer under a schoolmaster when we graduate from school. The law is not in force and it has no claim or authority over the person under the new covenant. He is under the obligation to keep the new covenant laws and commandments, which include new laws that were never part of the old covenant, as well as those that God saw fit to make a part of the new covenant.

The law, including the ten commandments, has been "CAST OUT"; "Tell me YE DESIRE TO BE UNDER THE LAW, do ye not hear the law. For it is written that Abraham had TWO SONS. . . . he who was of the BONDWOMAN was born after the flesh; but he of the FREEWOMAN was by promise.

WHICH THINGS ARE AN ALLEGORY: for THESE ARE THE TWO COVENANTS; THE ONE FROM MOUNT SINAI, which GENDERETH TO BONDAGE, is [Hagar]. . . .and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and IS IN BONDAGE with her children.

But Jerusalem which is above IS FREE, which in the mother of us all. . . .Now we, brethren, as Isaac, are the children of promise. BUT AS EVEN SO IT IS NOW. Nevertheless what sayeth the Scripture? CAST OUT THE BONDWOMAN [the first or old covenant FROM MOUNT SINAI]  AND HER SON [those under the law]; for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman. So then brethren, WE ARE NOT CHILDREN OF THE BONDWOMAN [the old ten commandment covenant and its many laws], BUT OF THE FREE [the new covenant].

Stand fast therefor IN THE LIBERTY wherein Christ hath made us FREE, and BE NOT ENTANGLED AGAIN, WHITH THE YOKE OF BONDAGE [the old covenant]. . . .  For I testify again to every man that is circumcised [no man had any part in the old covenant unless he was circumcised], that he is a debtor TO DO THE WHOLE LAW" (Gal. 4:21-31; 5:1-5, 18).

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Jesus Christ came and He spoiled principalities and powers, He made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it. That's why Paul wrote,
"Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: Which are a shadow of things to come; BUT THE BODY OF CHRIST."  This, Jesus Christ, and nothing more, should be and is our focus from the day He died, not the law, which is now written in our hearts, not what we can or can not eat or drink, and especially not on what day we should worship Him. We worship Him every day, not just Saturday, or Sunday, or any other day.

9 hours ago, Giller said:

Thanks for your kind response,

Its been a pleasure discussing with you.

I don't mind we have different thoughts on the subject its been good reading you answers God bless Brother 

4 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

We worship Him every day, not just Saturday, or Sunday, or any other day.

I agree Brother every day is to the Lord, yes I did read all & it take me so long to respond to all & I see your point of view. I could respond to all but haven't the time. we will just have to be satisfied to be brothers it Christ, love to you.  

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  711
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

11 hours ago, Giller said:

You cannot believe everything that the Catholic church says, for they like to lay claim to most things,[/quote]

Agreed. The Bible is what matters ... not the forged and fraudulent documents in Catholicism or their traditions-over-the-Bible logic.

That is why I keep pointing the discussion back to the Bible

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  711
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

52 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

Hi Riccardo,

I know this has been done over like a Sunday dinner. I ask, did you read the rest of my post, did you understand it, and why did you not quote all of my last post?

This;

Paul wrote, But why dost thou judge they brother? or why dost thou set at nought they brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ . . . . So the every one of us shall give account of himself to God. Let us not therefore judge one another any more."
"Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years [that the law required]. I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed labour upon you in vain" (Gal. 3:1-12; 4:9-11). Going back to observe Sabbaths according to the law is spoken of here as going back into the bondage of the law. If one does this he is a debtor to do the whole law (Gal. 5:3).

That post is a perfect example of the self-conflicted argument that must be constructed to sustain the arguments against God's Sabbath Commandment.

For example it argues that we are not to judge -- only to flat out condemn Sabbath Keeping as if it were paganism and loss of salvation.

PROOF:

1. The quote from Galatians 4 makes no mention at all of Sabbath keeping - it is in fact Paul flat out condemning gentile Christians that have reverted back to keeping pagan holy days... Paul argues that to keep even one of them is a rejection of Christianity - a rejection of the Gospel.

2. AND YET - in Romans 14 Paul argues that NO ONE is to judge or condemn any Christian that keeps one of the Bible-APPROVED holy days. "one man observes one day above another while another man observes THEM ALL " Romans 14

<Thus in the actual Bible - all pagan holy days are condemned - and all Bible approved holy days -- (see Lev 23) are defended>

Notice all the Gal 4 "details" you left out -- as would be needed - to make the case you made in your post.

Gal 4

Formerly, when you did not know God, you were slaves to those who by nature are not gods. But now that you know God—or rather are known by God—how is it that you are turning back to those weak and miserable forces? Do you wish to be enslaved by them all over again? 10 You are observing special days and months and seasons and years! 11 I fear for you, that somehow I have wasted my efforts on you.

Paul is condemning their return to paganism... observing pagan days... your bait-and-switch swaps in one of God's TEN commandments in the place of "paganism" in Gal 4 ... in order to get the NT to condemn it in the that the doctrine against God's commandment "needs" but does not "have" in Galatians 4.

Notice that D.L. Moody, Andy Stanley, C.H Spurgeon, Baptist Confession of Faith, Westminster Confession of Faith... and many many others all claim to KEEP the Sabbath commandment (a bent Sabbath that points to week day one.. and not "The Seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD Thy God" Ex 20:10) - but your argument above condemns them alike for daring to refuse all out war against the entire concept of Sabbath -- daring to call their observance some sort of compliance with the Word of God on that point.

This perfectly illustrates Christ's argument against the traditions-of-man invented to wage war against even one of the Commandments of God - in Mark 7:6-13

Edited by BobRyan
  • Brilliant! 1