• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

1 hour ago, inchrist said:

You correct in one sense and incorrect in another...we are commanded to observe the laws

If we walk in the Spirit then He will not lead us to sin. The truth is that we fail sometimes, we are not perfect.

1 hour ago, inchrist said:

Exactly walk in the spirit of the law. Flesh is what is at enmity towards the law it is incompatible with the law.

"But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His." - Romans 8:9

You are using the law to condemn, but I am not under law but under grace. The problem is there are many people who misunderstand the Grace that is given to us.

"Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts." - Romans 6:12

People focus on the observance of the law, and they keep checking if others are fulfilling it or not. And they may end up forgetting the Lord Jesus Christ and what He did for them.

"I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me;
and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me." - Galatians 2:20

"Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you are disqualified." - 2 Corinthians 13:5

The practice of checking if others are fulfilling the law, and to persecute and judge them if they fail to do so - when yourself are not able to keep the law and keeping failing everyday.

"But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy and not sacrifice.’
For I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance." - Matthew 9:13

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

4 minutes ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

The practice of checking if others are fulfilling the law, and to persecute and judge them if they fail to do so - when yourself are not able to keep the law and keeping failing everyday.

That is an excellent point. My aim is to remind me and everyone that has said horrible things to me because I do observe the Sabbath, that there are so many more facets to the law than first imagined. So if we throw it out altogether, we are not doing anybody a favor.

I am not so concerned with those on this site; I am more concerned with those other millions that read our words. I want the casual seeker to get a clear idea of Christians and not a jaded one of being continually judged by embittered bashers.

So I am showing the law as it is our mirror. If some say it is of no effect for the Christian and does not matter, they may mislead others.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

3 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

My aim is to remind me and everyone that has said horrible things to me because I do observe the Sabbath

That is the problem, when others want to invade the space of others and force their habits of worship on them.

It is a personal thing of each individual, how you worship, how you read the Word, how you honor Him, if you eat pork, if you abstain from alcohol... It is your responsibility, as long as the Lord Jesus Christ is #1 and you put your faith in Him then I do not see a problem.

"He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it.
He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks." - Romans 14:6

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

6 minutes ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

It is a personal thing of each individual, how you worship, how you read the Word, how you honor Him

There are perhaps over 100 instructions Yahweh gives to His people that are not "a personal thing",

vs a few that are or could be "a personal thing";

ie. there are many directions, as Jesus taught and led all the Apostles and disciples,

that are for everyone who abides in Christ Jesus.

This is in perfect harmony with all of His Word,

and does not at all take away from those things that are, as His Word Says,  for each person to have faith in themselves.

Only realize there is and will be no contradiction with any part of His Word and His Plan of Salvation in Jesus,

so if anyone blatantly disobeys (like Ananias and Saphira;  or like the adulterous members in the assembly at Corinth; or like the Judaizers/false gospel teachers/  Yahweh warns about in Galatians)

they are to be at least warned,  if not 'dead' by Yahweh's Hand(NOT by man's hand), or separated from the flock UNTIL they repent (if they refuse to repent at first; the point being everyone's purity and repentance in the assembly).

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

that there are so many more facets to the law than first imagined. So if we throw it out altogether, we are not doing anybody a favor.

4LdKHVCzRDj2

MISQUOTED AGAIN, this is the rest of the sentence that you quoted. Also your quote is about FOOD....

Edited by Justin Adams

24 minutes ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

That is the problem, when others want to invade the space of others and force their habits of worship on them.

I do not see posting on a public forum an invasion of anyone's "space". The thread is entitled Saturday or Sunday. So any reasonable discussion seems warranted. Also, I am forcing no one to do anything. That is a falsehood.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

12 hours ago, Pudgenik said:

Exactly. JESUS is the Living Word. All the Bible is, the inspired Word. 

Yes .   All those words that holy prophets spoke , they did so by the Spirit .  we learn from these words as well as from the letters

but ONLY IF WE HAVE THE LIVING WORD in us.  FOR WITHOUT HIM we can do nothing , well cept fail and end in hellfire , that we earned all our own.

but in HIM is life and thus all WHO are OF HIM have the HOPE of HIS salvation .     Its no wonder why paul said READ the holy scrips

they make one WISE unto salvation THROUGH faith in Christ .    Pudgenik you just praise the LORD and sing hyms to HIM .  

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  269
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

They don't keep the Sabbath to be saved but to obeyed God. Its like us we keep the commandment the Apostles gave in acts not to eat blood and worship idols. But do we obey this because its going to save us or to obey God. We obey it but we trust christ work on the cross for salvation for imputed righteousness. 

We don't "Obey" anything.  We keep God in our heart and follow the lead of the Holy Spirit.
We do this in gratitude for what Jesus did for us.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

2 minutes ago, SkyWriting said:

We don't "Obey" anything.  We keep God in our heart and follow the lead of the Holy Spirit.

How many times has Yahweh told everyone that all disobedience is sin ? 

(and the penalty for sin is death)  So for future sins,  who gets crucified again and again according to SCRIPTURE ?

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

49 minutes ago, SkyWriting said:

You don't obey his commandments ?lol I hope we all do. If we say we know him and don't keep his commandments we are liars. John wrote that .