• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  86
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/31/1963

I am a tad paranoid to use names because I don't want them to come up in a google search....I had had this certain friend about a year now. I will call him "D."  Everything was going really good. It is the first friend I have had on the outside world in a very long time. I am pretty much a loner at heart. But it was great to have someone to hang around with. Then a old friend that D has known since childhood came into the picture. My friend started hanging around with "T"  T considers himself a wiccan. I'm a one friends friend, so I felt like a third party to this circle. I have been distancing myself for quite a while.  D always prefers T's friendship over his and my freindship.   This is not the first time He has lost his temper with me, and told me to not come back around him, ever since T came into the picture... I don't know if T is a professing wiccan or a practicing one.  To say at the least,  I am attempting to sever the ties to this friendship.  I just don't know what I think about the friendship.  D can be very unstable as a friend.  Plus He is bipolar.  I feel impressed to withdraw from the friendship because of T.. I will just keep them in prayer from a distance. me and D were inseparable up until T came around. D is one who always helps a friend in need. HE didn't have to worry about me, but he prefers to hang around T who is staying with him until he can afford his own  place. I also believe Wiccan is a craft and tool from satan himself. T says he worships nature. I ask you to pray for T's deliverance, and protection for D. I care about my friend but I have to draw the line.  I also ask you to pray for the safety of my family during this time of the year. I have had my dealings with occult people. At that time I had a  mental break and could not process reality from the truth. I know satan has as much power as you give him....BUT I ALSO KNOW JESUS CRUSHED satans power at the cross of Christ when the HOLY SPIRIT raised Jesus from the dead!!! 

Thank you!

Grace and  Peace and healing in the name of Yeshua,

Richard

• Praying! 3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Some people are just not worth keeping as friends. That sounds like the case with "D". You need to give this the God.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,872
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

I would tell your friend that he knows where to find you if he ever has a change of heart and is willing to consider the gospel...and then give him his space. If God wills it, the Spirit will work in his heart and life to draw him to God. We are not able to actually save anyone ourselves.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,220
  • Content Per Day:  1.23

Hi StrongGrace55,

Sounds like you know the answer deep inside, just perhaps you'd like confirmation of this?

Yes sometime its for everyone's well being that you distance yourself from certain people, especially if you are serious in continuing growing with our Lord and Savior Christ Jesus .

People (in all walks of life) can try to bring us down if we are not careful to protect ourselves from that.

God through His Word teaches us how to live and to protect ourselves from the enemy or those looking to put us down so they can feel better about themselves.

From the description of you friend D, he seems like a take it or leave it friendship controlling the show type guy, when better things seem to come around him, he don't seem to think twice of dropping others on the way side.  And being a third wheel is never a good thing especially for the person in the third wheel position. If you are in the third wheel position, you need to get yourself out of it, because its a very unhealthy position to be stuck in.

Also a very unhealthy position to get yourself into is the people pleasing one.  This needs to stop if you don't want to get stepped over or taken advantage from anymore. (Read up about it, research it and learn the appropriate tools to heal yourself from being in that position). Also learn to practice forgiveness and not holding unto resentments. Only Gods Holy Spirit can truly help you find it in your heart to be able to truly do that and find HIS peace living back in you.   From what you write praise God it sounds like the Holy Spirit of God is already working in you and guiding you to recognize when something is amiss.

In most dysfunctional families there is always a hierarchy of bullies and then at the bottom is the family scapegoat, that's the one person all the blame is always placed on  . Usually that person in the scapegoat position is the most innocent, aware and honest of the bunch, however the bully hierarchy seeks to abuse and destroy it. Unfortunately many times the scapegoat learns through the abuse to become a doormat, people pleaser through the trauma he/she was subjected to or they themselves learn to become bullies themselves. Both the bully and the people pleaser role are an unhealthy one, needing Gods Grace to work in those broken souls alike. And many times people play into both categories depending on the hierarchy in the group they find themselves in. But there is another category, the one God can help us to develop with ourselves and that is the one of not playing into either of the two other categories ie=bully or people pleaser.

To recover and become healthy and free from abusive relationships, time out from the situation at hand is required.

Through distance from the abuse and continuing to pursue a loving daily relationship with the Lord Christ Jesus, there are good prospects of  complete recovery from an abusive hurtful past, where you finally become a whole enough person once again and are now able to quickly recognize abusive tactics and to finally be able through your true self to no longer get yourself taken -in  on a position to get abused and be walked all over.

Sometimes its better to be alone than be involved with the wrong crowd.

Wicca and such would fall into that categories of hanging around the wrong crowd.

You can pray for these people from afar just like we now are praying for them and for you to be protected from them. You don't need to get yourself further involved with abusive people or people who are not christian.

Yes it is good to pray for people, even your abusers, but that can be done from a distance. and they don't even have to know about it, as it really is between you and God. Prayer can definitely change circumstances and people. But its up to God to do so and for us to trust in Him and His Word and keep the faith that all will work out for His good purpose.

2 hours ago, stronggrace55 said:

.BUT I ALSO KNOW JESUS CRUSHED satans power at the cross of Christ when the HOLY SPIRIT raised Jesus from the dead!!! 

Amen to that, It was finished on the Cross of Calvary where Gods plan of Mercy and Grace was completed so that anyone who repents and comes to the cross of Calvary and ask forgiveness and ask Christ to be their savior, can be healed and freed for satans chains of sin and sickness that lead to death.

Edited by 1to3

Thank you all for your wisdom. I believe God is leading me in the right direction. Ive been spending a great deal of time praying and in the word since last  Friday. I think it is wise to not associate with d any longer.  He has called me and left several voice messages. I had the ringer off my phone and didnt know when he called. I dont get many called anyway. He has left voice messages Wednesday and Friday morning.  I have not listened to them, not sure I even should. I am not good with confrontation for one thing. I dont want to feel  manipulated in anyway.

Thanks again,

SG

• Thumbs Up 2

I will leave the voices mails alone for the time being. I don't want to be manipulated in any way.  i just get the impression from the Lord to cut ties with D. I believe D is a Christian deep down, Taylor I am not so sure about. Both of them need deliverance, that's my prayer for them anyway....

SG

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,309
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

On 10/28/2017 at 12:18 PM, BK1110 said:

I would tell your friend that he knows where to find you if he ever has a change of heart and is willing to consider the gospel...and then give him his space. If God wills it, the Spirit will work in his heart and life to draw him to God. We are not able to actually save anyone ourselves.

I think the above is good advice...if your friend realizes that he should not be involved with a person professing witchcraft, then he can renew his friendship with you.   Hopefully, he will become serious about the Lord in his heart.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Children of Light
Ephesians 5:11Have no fellowship with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them. 12For it is shamefuleven to mention what the disobedient do in secret.13But everything exposed by the light becomes visible, for everything that is illuminated becomes a light itself.…

Blessings Friend

You have no business with either of them & unless "D" has a change of heart there really is nothing to think about,I would listen to his voice mail & tell him what time of day it is......if he would like to disassociate himself with the witch then he can give you a call,nothing else to talk about......I'm not sure how firmly established in Gods Word  you yourself are so I think you may want to hang around people who are strong in their Faith who can encourage & build you up and perhaps one day you can be a Light for these types....I'm not sure it would be a very good idea at this time.....do pray for them    I do think the Lord is showing you the big picture,have no part with this duo

The enemy comes to steal,kill & destroy.....you say your friend "D" is a Christian deep down......I think you are saying he has a good heart underneath it all but being a Christian is having Jesus Abiding in you,he should not be so comfortable in darkness......being good or nice or having good intentions has little to do with discerning what is in someones heart,that is between them & God....we can only judge by their fruits and sometimes we must kick the dust from our feet and move on.......we can't Save anyone,we can only show them the Way by example and pointing to Christ......life is full of choices       God Bless,Kwik

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  395
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

Do not fear, have faith. Do not fear checking voice messages. Your friend maybe asking for reconciliation.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,168
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

1a.jpg
this is where I was going in s/Spirit ... so seeing you already got us there I just say a big 
amen :)