• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  479
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Willa said:

When our great grandson was told that my husband had just expired that morning he replied:  " I guess Jesus wanted him to come live with Him!"   

There is no questioning why, no doubting, no "I hope so" or anger.  

What gets me is: what if I die tomorrow and haven't accepted Jesus in a proper way.

There's many instances where people "accept" Jesus, but it's not a true acceptance.

What if I die tomorrow and God says, "I never knew you".

I'm ready to serve the Lord the rest of my life. But no one knows if they will have a life past tomorrow. I need to be ready right now.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,225
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

21 hours ago, AscendedMasters333 said:

Read through everything please:

How can intellectuals have faith like children?

What's the practical process? How do we bypass having faith intellectually, and believe genuinely? 

Please give a practical example. Not "read the bible" or "pray". I think the people who believe that works, are conditioning themselves with a mantra. -Read and pray long enough, and eventually you'll believe. 

I've been reading the Bible and praying non stop, with an open heart, genuinely. But I feel I only believe with my mind. Not to the extent of a child. I trust in Jesus with all the heart that is in my mind. I know if he spoke to me with commands, I would do them with no question.

Is this how it should be for adults? "thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes"

I know if I had even the slightest sign that I'm saved. My faith would be forever secured in an immovable rock foundation. How do we know we're saved? The only evidence is a changed heart and works thereof/conviction. But if we intellectually believe the commandments, it's our natural inclination to do good works, and resent sin.

I'm genuinely trying(desperately) to find answers. I pray and am immersed in scriptures without ceasing. My heart has been opened like never before. But I hit a wall. We know God is all powerful. Why doesn't he use this power and communicate directly. Through sound or some recognizable way. A way that wouldn't make someone question if it really was God. Why can't he talk to us now, how he talked to those in the Bible? 

Hi AscendedMaster333,

I think that you are looking the wrong way round. You are looking at yourself and that is sinking sand. You/ we all need to look at the saviour. Now you ask, how on earth do I do that. Well, you get to know Him as you do other people, a step at a time. Go about your day, doing your everyday jobs, and when you least expect it something will be highlighted to you. Could just be something in nature, or what you just read, or what someone said, but as you reflect on it , then it will be opened up to you.

You learn to appreciate this person, Jesus, His character and His works, (nature, us etc). As you grow to appreciate Him you realise that you can trust Him more, and life becomes an adventure with Him, learning of Him, and how He works in your life to change you. An amazing process.

regards, Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,247
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

29 minutes ago, AscendedMasters333 said:

What gets me is: what if I die tomorrow and haven't accepted Jesus in a proper way.

There's many instances where people "accept" Jesus, but it's not a true acceptance.

What if I die tomorrow and God says, "I never knew you".

I'm ready to serve the Lord the rest of my life. But no one knows if they will have a life past tomorrow. I need to be ready right now.

There is one way to Jesus:

Repent=decide that you hate your sin life and turn to God to forgive you.

Receive=accept that Christ died for your sin so that your can be forgiven, clean in God's eyes, and able to stand before Him.  He took your    punishment that you deserved.    Rom 6:23  WEB For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.  Ask God to forgive you and receive His son into your life.   Joh 1:12  But as many as received him, to them he gave the right to become God’s children, to those who believe in his name:  Joh 1:13  who were born not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.  Surrender to God in thanksgiving for all He has done for you.  Give Him all of your life, and He will give you His life.  

• Loved it! 1

21 hours ago, AscendedMasters333 said:

I'm genuinely trying(desperately) to find answers. I pray and am immersed in scriptures without ceasing. My heart has been opened like never before. But I hit a wall. We know God is all powerful. Why doesn't he use this power and communicate directly. Through sound or some recognizable way. A way that wouldn't make someone question if it really was God. Why can't he talk to us now, how he talked to those in the Bible? 

Hi AscendedMasters333,

It is God`s job to `save` us, and our job to get to know Him. You want Him to be talking to you as you think He did to those in the Old Testament. Now if you read God`s word (as I hear you say) you don`t see God talking to people everyday in an audible way. Yes there were special times for special reasons, however most people lived daily lives mostly knowing what was right and wrong.

We today are most blessed for we have the Lord`s Holy Spirit within us (if we have invited Him into our lives). He will guide us through our lives and help us make the right decisions, and the right behaviour towards others. Of course this is a life long process and you/we will certainly know when we make mistakes for the Lord will highlight that to us - not to condemn us but for us to see "Oh that was not right, sorry Lord, help me to be more humble and .....forgive, change attitude, etc..." 

Walking with the Lord is not for the faint hearted, but become strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. ie, learn to overcome those fleshly desires of our selfish selves.

regards, Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.32
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

4 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi AscendedMasters333,

It is God`s job to `save` us, and our job to get to know Him. You want Him to be talking to you as you think He did to those in the Old Testament. Now if you read God`s word (as I hear you say) you don`t see God talking to people everyday in an audible way. Yes there were special times for special reasons, however most people lived daily lives mostly knowing what was right and wrong.

We today are most blessed for we have the Lord`s Holy Spirit within us (if we have invited Him into our lives). He will guide us through our lives and help us make the right decisions, and the right behaviour towards others. Of course this is a life long process and you/we will certainly know when we make mistakes for the Lord will highlight that to us - not to condemn us but for us to see "Oh that was not right, sorry Lord, help me to be more humble and .....forgive, change attitude, etc..." 

Walking with the Lord is not for the faint hearted, but become strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. ie, learn to overcome those fleshly desires of our selfish selves.

regards, Marilyn.

YES PUT THE EVIL FLESH TO DEATH , by the POWER of the new man, the SPIRIT of CHRIST which HIS POWER makes the darkness FLEE.  

AWAKE to CHRIST , awake to RIGHTEOUSNESS and SIN NOT , as paul once said.   LET all who name the name of Christ depart form inquity.

And those who are CHRISTS have crucified the wicked flesh.  JESUS came to set the captive free.      THE POWER of CHRIST is far greater than the power of darkness of sin.

WE must choose to obey HIS SPIRIT and die daily.    ARMOUR UP FOLKS , armour up IN THE LORD .    FOr truly I say to all

ALL things are possible to HE ORSHE who believes.     SING IT SISTER ,    sing it .    and may all praise the LORD .

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

22 hours ago, AscendedMasters333 said:

But I feel I only believe with my mind. Not to the extent of a child. I trust in Jesus with all the heart that is in my mind. I know if he spoke to me with commands, I would do them with no question.

When we tell something to a child, and as far as I remember, they will just believe in the words we said and do whatever we instructed them to do with utmost dedication.

That is believing like a child, we say something to them, and it can be the most "unscientific" thing in the world and still they will believe and will put into practice and share with their friends no matter what.

That brings me back good memories. :laugh:

22 hours ago, AscendedMasters333 said:

But I feel I only believe with my mind. Not to the extent of a child. I trust in Jesus with all the heart that is in my mind. I know if he spoke to me with commands, I would do them with no question.

Hi again AM,

Jesus is our Lord, so yes he can command us to do things, however....He desires us to grow and be responsible for our own actions, to become mature and NOT babes. (Heb. 5: 13)

Trusting as a child, `as` not being a child, but AS a child, - means we need to get to know the Lord in our everyday life, so that what we read about the Lord`s character - His faithfulness, loving-kindness, humbleness, etc becomes outworked in our life - we learn to TRUST Him. Children are very trusting and it takes a lot of `letting go` of our pride, our self assurance, our `I can do it by myself` type attitudes, to really learn that we can TRUST the Lord.

Hope that helps bro. Marilyn.

BTW great that you are seeking and desiring to know the Lord and to be right before Him. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

Hello AscendedMasters 333. 

What Neighbor and Marilyn C said are powerful replies.

12 hours ago, Neighbor said:

The very twelve the Apostles failed to comprehend God before them in the flesh. They failed again and again in their own faith. So why will any of us be superior to them? It was not until Jesus.....

2 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

We today are most blessed for we have the Lord`s Holy Spirit within us (if we have invited Him into our lives)....

Two important points made are:

1) Intellectuals, no matter how intelligent they deem themselves, will not understand God/Jesus if they do not know him.

Human intellect only works for the purpose of MAN (meaning human). God does not think the way MAN does.

2) Only God/Jesus can save us.

MAN can give you techniques, ceremonies and practices, but none of this will give you a clear understanding of GOD or guarantee you being SAVED. 

God and Jesus, have given us The Holy Spirit and through this Holy Spirit, we learn of Jesus and God.

As an adult or an intellectual adult, the biggest problem with trying to connect with God/Jesus/Holy Spirit, is that we can not seek The Holy Trinity with an open mind as a child would.

A child's mind from birth is void of MAN'S teachings, sins and corruptions. It is an empty vessel waiting to be filled with Knowledge.

When we seek God we must learn to empty ourselves of human knowledge, and allow God's teachings to fill us.

You have the Holy Spirit with you. God has his hand on you. This is why you are seeking him. Now you only need to empty your MAN intellect and let God fill you with his Knowledge. 

An example of MAN intellectuals vs Jesus is in the Bible. Jesus and the Pharisees.

Pharisees had their knowledge but lacked The Spirit and Knowledge of God.

Blessings in your journey. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.32
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 hour ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

YES PUT THE EVIL FLESH TO DEATH , by the POWER of the new man, the SPIRIT of CHRIST which HIS POWER makes the darkness FLEE.  

AWAKE to CHRIST , awake to RIGHTEOUSNESS and SIN NOT , as paul once said.   LET all who name the name of Christ depart form inquity.

And those who are CHRISTS have crucified the wicked flesh.  JESUS came to set the captive free.      THE POWER of CHRIST is far greater than the power of darkness of sin.

WE must choose to obey HIS SPIRIT and die daily.    ARMOUR UP FOLKS , armour up IN THE LORD .    FOr truly I say to all

ALL things are possible to HE ORSHE who believes.     SING IT SISTER ,    sing it .    and may all praise the LORD .

Marilynn.  I love ya sister.    you be blessed.

• Thanks 1

On 11/2/2017 at 12:46 PM, AscendedMasters333 said:

How can intellectuals have faith like children?

Why doesn't he use this power and communicate directly. Through sound or some recognizable way. A way that wouldn't make someone question if it really was God. Why can't he talk to us now, how he talked to those in the Bible? 

Please bear with me a few verses... You might see some things making sense if you read the Scriptures below. You might even see Jesus being glorified.

It must just briefly be stated that God doesn't need to prove His existence to anyone - that's not His interest. That's obvious and without congratulations. The fool has said in his heart there is no God - the most ancient (note when the Psalm was written) of falsities. Not that your post was directly about this.

Intellectuals need to acknowledge how little they know. A child is humble, trusting their Father knows best. There is a wisdom, but not according to this world. The depth of the Scriptures is amazing.

1Cor. 3:18, 8:2 (NASB) 

Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you thinks that he is wise in this age, he must become foolish, so that he may become wise.

If anyone supposes that he knows anything, he has not yet known as he ought to know;

God agreed with the people not to speak 'directly' to them, but rather through Moses to them.

God doesn't tend to talk to us audibly-directly so that we won't die in terrifying fear. Who can handle Him?

Deut 5:23-28 (NASB)

“And when you heard the voice from the midst of the darkness, while the mountain was burning with fire, you came near to me, all the heads of your tribes and your elders. “You said, ‘Behold, the LORD our God has shown us His glory and His greatness, and we have heard His voice from the midst of the fire; we have seen today that God speaks with man, yet he lives. ‘Now then why should we die? For this great fire will consume us; if we hear the voice of the LORD our God any longer, then we will die. ‘For who is there of all flesh who has heard the voice of the living God speaking from the midst of the fire, as we have, and lived? ‘Go near and hear all that the LORD our God says; then speak to us all that the LORD our God speaks to you, and we will hear and do it.’

“The LORD heard the voice of your words when you spoke to me, and the LORD said to me, ‘I have heard the voice of the words of this people which they have spoken to you. They have done well in all that they have spoken.

Moses was spoken to in a 'direct' way that was very unique (the prophets were given visions and dreams, but not face-to-face like Moses).

Num 12:6-8, Deut 34:10 (NASB)

He said, “Hear now My words: If there is a prophet among you, I, the LORD, shall make Myself known to him in a vision. I shall speak with him in a dream. “Not so, with My servant Moses, He is faithful in all My household; With him I speak mouth to mouth, Even openly, and not in dark sayings, And he beholds the form of the LORD. Why then were you not afraid To speak against My servant, against Moses?”

Since that time no prophet has risen in Israel like Moses, whom the LORD knew face to face,

Finally, another prophet rose like Moses - Jesus (https://www.resourcesinchrist.com/announcements/this-is-truly-the-prophet)

...who God spoke face-to-face with... So now Jesus is the mouthpiece of of God, like Moses was.

Heb 1:1-2 (NASB)

God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways, in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world.

Hearing Him should be enough - It's hearing God.

John 14:8-11 (NASB)

Philip said to Him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us.” Jesus said to him, “Have I been so long with you, and yet you have not come to know Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? “Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father is in Me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on My own initiative, but the Father abiding in Me does His works. “Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me; otherwise believe because of the works themselves.

Even if one rose from the dead, some would not believe. A wicked generation seeks after a sign, but the sign of Jonah was given.

Remember that He expects us to act on what He has revealed already. Do you test Him to repeat Himself? When He says, He does. He is above us and doesn't flippantly chat chat with useless words. Consider Exo 16:8-21 with Num 11

Your frustration in 'how God talks in the Bible' is probably also misplaced. Consider how often the Psalmists call for God to 'hear' them. Just flick through the start of many Psalms.

All this having been said... He can communicate through the Spirit, our conscience, His written Word 'piercing', as well as through dreams too... when He desires it so.

Trust Him. He hears the smallest sentence and every motivation of your heart.

Sorry about the length of this reply.

:)