• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

50 minutes ago, Enoch2021 said:

(which I'll PUMMEL here in a moment AND has nothing to do with my response either), what was the point of your half a page treatise??

It doesn't matter at all to me nor to anyone who honors Yahweh and His Word what your response was or is.

Yahweh's Word is TRUTH, and cannot be changed, and has not ever changed since He Breathed It Through men who He Choose.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

1 hour ago, simplejeff said:

It doesn't matter at all to me nor to anyone who honors Yahweh and His Word what your response was or is.

I wasn't talking about Scripture or The Lord at all, it wasn't the subject; Ergo, your appeal is a ... Painful Non-Sequitur Fallacy from the Black Lagoon.

regards

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  269
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, Enoch2021 said:

What on Earth?? :rolleyes:

1.  "Science" isn't an ENTITY or a result, It's a Method; The Scientific Method.  "Science doesn't: "GOES BY", say, jump, run, swim, point to, or do the hokey pokey.  To do such things takes, Sentience, Prescience, and Intelligence...to be ALIVE.  Science isn't ALIVE, Ergo...Reification Fallacy.

2.  "Scientists" 'goes by' The Scientific Method:

The Scientific Method:
Step 1: Observe a Phenomenon
Step 2: Lit Review
Step 3: Hypothesis
Step 4: TEST/EXPERIMENT
Step 5: Analyze Data
Step 6: Valid/Invalid Hypothesis
Step 7: Report Results

Any 5th Grade General Science Graduate knows Prima Facia, that ALL "Dating Methods" are OUTSIDE of The Scientific Method; "The Method's" Purview.
You have NO....: "Independent Variable", so as to Form a Valid Scientific Hypothesis to TEST then VALIDATE your PREDICTION. Ahhh... "SCIENCE" !

a. So "Independent Variables" are the "Input" (The Cause) that is CHANGED "manipulated by the scientist" so as to measure/validate the "Output" (The Effect) "Dependent Variables"---Predictions.

b. "Independent Variables" are sine qua non (indispensable, as it were) to Scientific Hypothesis construction, then Ipso Facto Experiments!! So can you please elaborate: 
How on Earth can you CHANGE the "INPUT" and TEST your Prediction on a Past Event (lol) without a Time Machine, Pray Tell....?

You're in a simple Category Error. The Scientific Method is used to Validate "Cause and Effect" Relationships...it's Non Sequitur (Fallacy) to use it to extrapolate "age".
It's tantamount to using a Framing Square to calculate the GNP of the Netherlands, for goodness sakes. 

ps. Your claim here is a Screaming "TELL" that you wouldn't know what ACTUAL "Science" was if it landed on your head, spun around, and whistled dixie.

regards

8 hours ago, SkyWriting said:

Science goes by looks for determining if time has passed.

From your source:

Step 1: Observe a Phenomenon"

Edited by SkyWriting

1 hour ago, Enoch2021 said:

I wasn't talking about Scripture or The Lord at all, it wasn't the subject

Yeshua is Master ,  Savior,  Messiah, King of the Jews,  Healer,  and all things were created through Him,

and nothing was made without Him,

and He Says 'science' (of mankind/ society) is bogus;  lower value than women's rags.... because it rejects Him....

it is destroyer of souls,   betrayer of men,  and attempts to keep little ones from finding Yahweh's Kingdom .....

and repeating what He Says in Galatians - it is evil, pernicious, death dealing, trying to drag down as many as it can.

..... oh,  and Yahweh says anyone who puts their trust in men (flesh/ mankind/ anything besides Him) ,

He curses.  

His Word - Perfect and Complete, Lacking Nothing.

2 hours ago, SkyWriting said:

Step 1: Observe a Phenomenon"

This isn't "The Scientific Method".  Again...

The Scientific Method:

It's an ALL or Nothing motif (and in the correct order).

And you forgot to respond to the rest...

Any 5th Grade General Science Graduate knows Prima Facia, that ALL "Dating Methods" are OUTSIDE of The Scientific Method; "The Method's" Purview.
You have NO....: "Independent Variable", so as to Form a Valid Scientific Hypothesis to TEST then VALIDATE your PREDICTION. Ahhh... "SCIENCE" !

a. So "Independent Variables" are the "Input" (The Cause) that is CHANGED "manipulated by the scientist" so as to measure/validate the "Output" (The Effect) "Dependent Variables"---Predictions.

b. "Independent Variables" are sine qua non (indispensable, as it were) to Scientific Hypothesis construction, then Ipso Facto Experiments!! So can you please elaborate: 
How on Earth can you CHANGE the "INPUT" and TEST your Prediction on a Past Event (lol) without a Time Machine, Pray Tell....?

You're in a simple Category Error. The Scientific Method is used to Validate "Cause and Effect" Relationships...it's Non Sequitur (Fallacy) to use it to extrapolate "age".
It's tantamount to using a Framing Square to calculate the GNP of the Netherlands, for goodness sakes. 

ps. Your claim here is a Screaming "TELL" that you wouldn't know what ACTUAL "Science" was if it landed on your head, spun around, and whistled dixie.

regards

1 hour ago, Enoch2021 said:

This isn't "The Scientific Method".  Again...

The Scientific Method:

It's an ALL or Nothing motif (and in the correct order).

And you forgot to respond to the rest...

Any 5th Grade General Science Graduate knows Prima Facia, that ALL "Dating Methods" are OUTSIDE of The Scientific Method; "The Method's" Purview.
You have NO....: "Independent Variable", so as to Form a Valid Scientific Hypothesis to TEST then VALIDATE your PREDICTION. Ahhh... "SCIENCE" !

b. "Independent Variables" are sine qua non (indispensable, as it were) to Scientific Hypothesis construction, then Ipso Facto Experiments!! So can you please elaborate: 

You're in a simple Category Error. The Scientific Method is used to Validate "Cause and Effect" Relationships...it's Non Sequitur (Fallacy) to use it to extrapolate "age".

ps. Your claim here is a Screaming "TELL" that you wouldn't know what ACTUAL "Science" was if it landed on your head, spun around, and whistled dixie.

regards

I've been in Research and Development for plastics,
adhesives, and petrochemicals most of my career in
the last 4 decades.  Every step is based on observations. 
I even know a blind guy who is good at making amazingobservations.

Steps of the Scientific Method

The scientific method (article) 

What is the ``scientific method''? - UCR Physics

Introduction to the Scientific Method - Wolfs

Edited by SkyWriting

14 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

The way a word is used is more important than it's actual definition.   This is true even in English.   The texts you refer to were not establishing the age of the earth, but were simply hyperbolic references meant assist in making a larger point.

You apparently have no skill in hermeneutics.

I choose to support the greek language for an old earth. 

On your point, genealogies were never intended to establish the age of the earth. 
So your point destroys --->  your support. 

Edited by SkyWriting

23 minutes ago, SkyWriting said:

I've been in Research and Development for plastics,
adhesives, and petrochemicals most of my career in
the last 4 decades.  Every step is based on observations. 
I even know a blind guy who is good at making amazingobservations.

So??  I didn't ask you for your Resume.

I already know The Scientific Method is based off "Observing Phenomena"...it should have been quite apparent since I wrote it Twice.  But AGAIN, it's merely The First Step.  AGAIN...It takes ALL the Steps (in the correct order) to be "Scientific", which is indubitable.

Thanks for the "Science Buddies" link :rolleyes:

And why would you give me 'links' to The Scientific Method when I already posted it TWICE, pray tell...?

And you continue to 'accidentally on purpose' forget to answer for your "Dating/Age" Trainwreck in connection with The Scientific Method that I posted AND... you quoted.

What's up with that?

regards

33 minutes ago, Enoch2021 said:

I already know The Scientific Method is based off "Observing Phenomena"...it should have been quite apparent since I wrote it Twice.  But AGAIN, it's merely The First Step.  AGAIN...It takes ALL the Steps (in the correct order) to be "Scientific", which is indubitable.

No.  The "correct order" is just a teaching methodology. 

That's not actually how science works or is defined. 

flowchart_noninteractive.gif

https://undsci.berkeley.edu/article/howscienceworks_02