IGNORED

Why so much Hate between the Churches/Religions that follow Christ?

notsolostsoul

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

Most Christ based Churches believe in the 2 Great Commandments.

So why so much HATE?

All claim the first to be true in their faith.

Matthew 22:37-38 (KJV)

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38 This is the first and great commandment.

Many fail on the second.

Matthew 22: 39-40

39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

If we truly hold the first in our hearts and belief, we should be able to do the second.

John 14:15King James Version (KJV)

15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Instead we mistreat each other by down playing others faith. Calling eachother cults and bickering over issues of Man's written laws and traditions.

Didn't Jesus say:

Mark 7:9 (NKJV)

9 He said to them, “All too well you reject the commandment of God, that you may keep your tradition.

Most of Christ based religions follow Christ and hold him as a teacher. Yet they dismiss his teachings.

By not obeying the second, we can't say we hold to the first. We are hipocrites. We speak as if we are believers but do not keep to our words.

Matthew 15:9King James Version (KJV)

9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

The small differences are not more important than the 2 Great Commandments. Yet we allow them to cause us to sin, cause conflict and spread confusion.

Does this help God or harm him?

Why so much HATE?

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi, Hate is a strong word. Yet perhaps if there is hate, there should instead be  a sense of mercy and thankfulness to God instead.

Perhaps the differences serve God's intent, and  that it has been so from the very beginning of the church of Jesus. The letters to the seven churches seem to indicate pretty strong differences between the early churches and some serious rebuke and exhortation too. Lessons for us even today.

The Jews have had separate groups as well have they not? Were there great differences there too? I understand that  there was, and still is.

So is it a thing of Christians or is it a near universal thing that occurs because of man's ego as well as sovereign God's plan over all matters of His creation? If we were united, almost cloned, would men just decide again to build a great tower that lifts  to heights without God?

Perhaps there is good purpose of God still at work in our differences. Maybe it should be celebrated, without a sense of hate over our differences, and rather than try to eliminate them, perhaps all should just be content to be rallying around only the Gospel of Jesus and the trinity, letting the over stuff be the unique characteristics of saints with their own personality  in worship.

We need not be like each other as sheep to the point we cannot tell one baa from another, yet we can all be of the same fold secure in our Shepherd' voice.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

Bickering, mistreatment, unkind words, belittling, thinking they are more right/righteous than another and self righteousness, are not things I think Jesus was teaching.

These things will lead to a path of sin upon themselves or by putting stumbling blocks in others path.

I'm saying the differences are small. Let them be. Just keep God's Law above all else.

God first.

Treat others as you would want to be treated.

Paraphrased

Don't attack others because you wouldn't want them to attack you.

(Not saying that you attack others Neighbor. I'm speaking in general)

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

Guest shiloh357
2 hours ago, notsolostsoul said:

Because there are many churches that are not "Christ-based."  They teach false doctrines of works-based systems of righteousness, teach false gospels like the prosperity gospel, the social-justice gospel, the theological revisionism gospel, and so on.  There are churches that promote homosexuality and transgenderism and ecumenicism and a false "unity."   There are churches that embrace Islam and even have islamic imams on their paid staff.   There is a lot of darkness in these socalled "churches." 

In truth, they are not true churches, as they promote a version of "Christianity" that does not have Christ in it.   There are many of these buildings that are populated by people who claim to be Christians for reasons that have nothing to do with Jesus.

What you are seeing in many cases, is the false, apostate "churches" coming into conflict with those who teach the truth and the true gospel of salvation by through the faith alone in Christ alone.

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, notsolostsoul said:

Bickering, mistreatment, unkind words, belittling, thinking they are more right/righteous than another and self righteousness, are not things I think Jesus was teaching.

These things will lead to a path of sin upon themselves or by putting stumbling blocks in others path.

I'm saying the differences are small. Let them be. Just keep God's Law above all else.

No, the differences are not small.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Paul faced the same question.  In 1 Corinthians, we find this twice.  First in 1:11-13 and again in 3:1-4

11 For it has been declared to me concerning you, my brethren, by those of Chloe’s household, that there are contentions among you. 12 Now I say this, that each of you says, “I am of Paul,” or “I am of Apollos,” or “I am of Cephas,” or “I am of Christ.” 13 Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul?

1 And I, brethren, could not speak to you as to spiritual people but as to carnal, as to babes in Christ. 2 I fed you with milk and not with solid food; for until now you were not able to receive it, and even now you are still not able; 3 for you are still carnal. For where there are envy, strife, and divisions among you, are you not carnal and behaving like mere men? 4 For when one says, “I am of Paul,” and another, “I am of Apollos,” are you not carnal?

Paul states this is due to those who are divided are both carnal and babes in Christ.  The same can be said today.  It seems the further we are from when Christ walked this earth, the more divided we have become.

• Loved it! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

I agree. Extreme dislike or hate. Just because an 'enlightened' one thinks he or she has the upper hand. The one that cries 'legalism' so often or 'don't call me brother'. Perhaps they think to shield their own cluttered back-yards by pointing at others'.
Yes, way too much of the 'me' and not enough of the Lord.

Edited by Justin Adams
sp
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

3 hours ago, notsolostsoul said:

Actually, in person, in reality,  including on this forum,  that seems to have become a false gospel ("the 2 commandments") ,

and NOT (apparently) Christ based,  since those promoting "the 2 commandments" do not do the 2 commandments, and they ignore all the others also,  using the false doctrine(man-made, corrupt, defiled) of "the 2 commandments"....

i.e. they do not follow Jesus,  like His sheep DO.   Remember He Says His sheep HEAR HIS VOICE, and follow Him, and WILL NOT FOLLOW ANOTHER.  (another voice, another man, another gospel) 

Only follow Jesus,  and doing so, live and abide in Him, by choice, and by sheer grace from the Father in heaven, and there is the life of Christ !

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest shiloh357
26 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

I agree. Extreme dislike or hate. Just because an 'enlightened' one thinks he or she has the upper hand. The one that cries 'legalism' so often or 'don't call me brother'. Perhaps they think to shield their own cluttered back-yards by pointing at others'.
Yes, way too much of the 'me' and not enough of the Lord.

No, it's just that they know false doctrine when they see it and do not want to be "brothers" with those who promote false teachings.  

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, notsolostsoul said:

Just keep God's Law above all else.

This is closer to the TRUTH (of JESUS WORDS) than the false emphasis on "2 commandments" in place of TORAH.