• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

BILL INFO-2012 Regular Session-HB 872

mlis.state.md.us/2012rs/billfile/hb0872.htm

... the State Board of Morticians and Funeral Directors to also mean cold cremation, which is the disposition of human remains by deep freezing and evaporation.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,158
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Okay Shadrach :blink: ya got me....

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,247
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, other one said:
1 hour ago, enoob57 said:

The subject burns me up!

I suppose you think this is a "hot" topic.

You guys need to.........CHILL!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,106
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, Gary Lee said:

You guys need to.........CHILL!!!

LoL....   Gary, sometimes you just can't help it can you...

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,106
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

3 hours ago, simplejeff said:

BILL INFO-2012 Regular Session-HB 872

mlis.state.md.us/2012rs/billfile/hb0872.htm

... the State Board of Morticians and Funeral Directors to also mean cold cremation, which is the disposition of human remains by deep freezing and evaporation.

hey like freeze drying.....    maybe they can reconstitute us some day.....      Oh yeah,  Jesus is planning to do that isn't he

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 11/9/2017 at 7:10 PM, pogi said:

Ever since I was 12 years old I wanted either to donate my body to medical science or be cremated. I understand Jesus rose from the dead in the body that he was crucified in, and that when he was crucified the SAINTS could be seen walking in the streets. 

I do not think we will be resurrected in the bible we have now - I once was told by a deacon of a church that smoking is not a DEATH sin, but if we smoke on earth we will smell like smoke when we are resurrected. The bible is clear: the new body of a Christian will be a glorified body like the body of the exalted Christ, and it will never experience weakness, disease, suffering, or death.  

Peace and Love to all

Oxidization is what happens to the body whether you do it the fast way (cremation) or the slow way (rotting in a casket).

And contrary to the old saying, God CAN unscramble eggs. He will have no problem reassembling our bodies (or giving us new ones with the same DNA).  

I used to quip I prefer cremation in my coffee to milk or drinking it black. LOL

Carnation + creamer = cremation bad joke.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 11/27/2017 at 11:23 PM, JohnD said:

Oxidization is what happens to the body whether you do it the fast way (cremation) or the slow way (rotting in a casket).

And contrary to the old saying, God CAN unscramble eggs. He will have no problem reassembling our bodies (or giving us new ones with the same DNA).  

I used to quip I prefer cremation in my coffee to milk or drinking it black. LOL

Carnation + creamer = cremation bad joke.

Technically, modern western civilization's embalming using blends of basic formalin or formaldehyde solutions couples proteins in the deceased organs of the body by way of substitution of those fluids through the blood vascular system.  Microbes then do not break down the  various organ's proteins including the flesh. The remains does not decompose. Enzymes that create toxins do not flourish and there is no useable protein for worms, or bacteria of any kind.

The embalmed remains tends to dehydrate due to long term effects of gravity as liquid, mostly water, gravitates downward via gravity through permeable tissue including flesh. Remains within dry confines of mausoleums stay  in better life like appearance than do remains that may be placed into containers under earthern graves, but in either case there is not necessarily decomposition occurring. 

The history of modern embalming dates only to the American civil war. The encouragement for it being the desire of families of soldiers killed to  have their beloved fallen soldier returned to  them for burial. That was not so much for a life like appearance of a deceased , though it helped confirm to the families that it was indeed their loved one. It was for sanitation! Deceased remains  of battlefield combatants were embalmed for sanitation purposes.

There is a compromise though, and that is the retaining of a lifelike appearance for a period of funeral and burial, and the establishing of enough chemical preservtives to keep the remains  from suffering any decomposition. The true goal being sanitation for the period of time between death  and disposition of the remains.

Yes the process of embalming did devolve into an opportunity to  "see" the deceased and to come to grips with the fact of death and it has become an industry worldwide. So much so that  the inevitable has occurred and it is now mostly a corporate function and an investment for commerce making. It once was service oriented, now it is marketing and money making for passive investors more than care by a local individual with compassion for the family that has  to deal with the loss of a beloved family member. It is now a monopolistic enterprise with few choices of operators in the business, all operating under state federal  and international laws that just about force a family to use their services in some fashion.

Truth is no one wants to handle the deceased remains of their own family members though  they can if willing and knowledgeable. It is a lot of hard and often very unpleasant work, why just hanging around a doctor's office trying to get the doctor to sign a death certificate is an ordeal. Try working with any coroner's office and one will soon get a slightly better repect for what a funeral director does.

The trouble with the whole USA funeral industry is  it  is unecessarily expensive, and it all started going that way when the feds stepped in to protect the consumer with it's FTC regulatory laws. Those ever evolving regulations made every funeral director have to increase their prices by  more than 100% in short order,  as they were compelled to follow the regulations. It was an amazing thing to have gone through. I did it as an embalmer, a director of funerals for a large firm, and as a cemeterian involved with cemetery property sales, for over 20 years in a large metropolitan area of the USA.

When I started the firm I worked for advertised, sold and performed funerals for $120, and burials for $120. $240 total.  A combination of new wage laws and FTC regulations just made all that evaporate.  Now decades later the costs are so high I cannot understand any family suffering them. I have already opted to have my own deceased and beloved family members cremated, and will have the same done for my own remains.

All of the above has nothing to do with faith, where one will spend eternity, or how! Don't let anyone convince you nor worry you about the remains. Do as you desire, for the sake of your own comfort, at the time of a death in the family.

Edited by Neighbor