• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/24/1958

Ever since I was 12 years old I wanted either to donate my body to medical science or be cremated. I understand Jesus rose from the dead in the body that he was crucified in, and that when he was crucified the SAINTS could be seen walking in the streets. 

I do not think we will be resurrected in the bible we have now - I once was told by a deacon of a church that smoking is not a DEATH sin, but if we smoke on earth we will smell like smoke when we are resurrected. The bible is clear: the new body of a Christian will be a glorified body like the body of the exalted Christ, and it will never experience weakness, disease, suffering, or death.  

Peace and Love to all

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

The Bible is silent on cremation versus burying a dead body. It is a choice. Some people favor cremation because it is cheaper. Jesus will resurrect a body no matter if it is cremated or buried.

The Bible also does not address organ donation. That is a choice as well. Organ transplant should only be supported in which death has been determined. We should never support termination of life in favor of organ donation.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,566
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

13 hours ago, missmuffet said:

The Bible is silent on cremation versus burying a dead body. It is a choice. Some people favor cremation because it is cheaper. Jesus will resurrect a body no matter if it is cremated or buried.

The Bible also does not address organ donation. That is a choice as well. Organ transplant should only be supported in which death has been determined. We should never support termination of life in favor of organ donation.

I suggest that cremation is not selected by most that make such a choice as a matter of financial concern. It is selected for other reasons of which there are many. 

In my own over 20 years experience in the funeral and cemetery industry it was our business experience that  more affluent to wealthy individuals selected cremation than did more modestly affluent to poor families. I could expound on the whys of that but  won't bore all with that .

Edited by Neighbor
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/9/2017 at 8:10 PM, pogi said:

I once was told by a deacon of a church that smoking is not a DEATH sin, but if we smoke on earth we will smell like smoke when we are resurrected.

I’m sure your real question is already answered, but I just wanted to comment that a so-called deacon should not be a deacon if he is that clueless about the resurrection. I wonder if he believes a hungry Christian who steals from Dominos will smell like pizza in the resurrection!  

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

18 minutes ago, secularhermit said:

Several decades ago I donated my body to a big university ...

What did the big university do with your body ?

:)

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,247
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, simplejeff said:

What did the big university do with your body ?

:)

Use it for training young doctors, dissections, etc. (usually, after death, less painful)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

On 11/9/2017 at 8:10 PM, pogi said:

Ever since I was 12 years old I wanted either to donate my body to medical science or be cremated. I understand Jesus rose from the dead in the body that he was crucified in, and that when he was crucified the SAINTS could be seen walking in the streets. 

I do not think we will be resurrected in the bible we have now - I once was told by a deacon of a church that smoking is not a DEATH sin, but if we smoke on earth we will smell like smoke when we are resurrected. The bible is clear: the new body of a Christian will be a glorified body like the body of the exalted Christ, and it will never experience weakness, disease, suffering, or death.  

Peace and Love to all

This would be a personal choice. I do not understand why someone would insist only burying. It's not like their body is preserved forever! Worms would eventually eat them away and nothing would be left. Still Lord will resurrect "All believers".

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

3 hours ago, secularhermit said:

Theoretically, the UCV (Central University of Venezuela) uses those corpses to teach anatomy its students of medicine. Nowadays, since corruption is so mean, I don`t know if bodily "spare parts" are sold to "santeros" and witches to do what they please, as I read on the news, and it is not a secrets cemeteries are stole to get heads, bones and anything to serve satan, so I pray no part of me were misused, and I have to cancel the will I wrote or, on the other side, I can rewrite my will, particularly when my body is complete and healthy, although in a political social turmoil discouraging me.

Yes, a great sorrow and travesty of human dignity on earth (if their is such a thing anymore)

is what the big money is doing with people's bodies,  as well as with their souls. (marketing like chattel, buying and selling,  no care, no concern for life)

It won't make much difference (your will, or your choice),

the big money,  or the thieves,  get away with 'murder', before and after death!

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,163
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 7:10 PM, pogi said:

What do you think about cremation?

The subject burns me up!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,106
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

32 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

The subject burns me up!

I suppose you think this is a "hot" topic.

• Thumbs Up 1