• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  5

9 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

And I can overcome what you said because you are arguing the nonexistence of a character that everyone KNOWS  is nonexistent. 

.......everyone except the children we are lying to..........and teaching them to hope in Santa for THINGS.  And then expecting these same children to believe us when we tell them about Jesus and to hope and trust in Him for needs.  MorningGlory.......it's not as harmless as you are thinking.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Christ's conception day Luke chapters 1-3.

Its OK to put up a tree but don't bow yourself down and worship it. 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

1 hour ago, Heleadethme said:

.......everyone except the children we are lying to..........and teaching them to hope in Santa for THINGS.  And then expecting these same children to believe us when we tell them about Jesus and to hope and trust in Him for needs.  MorningGlory.......it's not as harmless as you are thinking.

I think even children understand the difference between fictional and real as they get a little older.  Tooth fairy, Santa Claus, Easter bunny, all fictional just like Cinderella and Spiderman.  These arguments y'all make about Christmas are just jumbling different issues.  If you don't want to tell your kids about Santa or whatever, then don't but don't try to push your mistaken beliefs on believers who don't believe as you do.  No one should equate Christian issues with make believe.  It's unnecessary noise.

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, MorningGlory said:

I think even children understand the difference between fictional and real as they get a little older.  Tooth fairy, Santa Claus, Easter bunny, all fictional just like Cinderella and Spiderman.  These arguments y'all make about Christmas are just jumbling different issues.  If you don't want to tell your kids about Santa or whatever, then don't but don't try to push your mistaken beliefs on believers who don't believe as you do.  No one should equate Christian issues with make believe.  It's unnecessary noise.

I'm sorry that you are missing the point again, sister.   Try to slow down to read the posts more thoughtfully, and understand what is being said.  Bless you.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,256
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

4 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

That is why we told our kids that the Santas were somebodies daddy dressed up to look like a santa clause.  When we told them about Jesus we wanted them to believe us and to know we don't lies to them.   

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

2 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

I'm sorry that you are missing the point again, sister.   Try to slow down to read the posts more thoughtfully, and understand what is being said.  Bless you.

I guarantee you I am able to understand what's being said.  Maybe it is you that is missing the point and should read the response again?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  167
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

I think this thread has far outlasted it's usefulness Don't yo?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

They always do. I swear, I'd hate to think of how many people have given up on Worthy simply because (it seems to me) there's an ever-increasing flood of legalists coming to this site, with seemingly no end to it.

3 hours ago, John Robinson said:

They always do. I swear, I'd hate to think of how many people have given up on Worthy simply because (it seems to me) there's an ever-increasing flood of legalists coming to this site, with seemingly no end to it.

Yes, and if casual or curious readers come and read the nonsense these people post they may very well just roll their eyes and move on.  I just hate it and I also know for sure that some have left Worthy because of the 'out there' stuff and the arguments that go on weeks over things like Christmas.  SDAs and other fringe elements love to throw a wrench into the works.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

28 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

Yes, and if casual or curious readers come and read the nonsense these people post they may very well just roll their eyes and move on.  I just hate it and I also know for sure that some have left Worthy because of the 'out there' stuff and the arguments that go on weeks over things like Christmas.  SDAs and other fringe elements love to throw a wrench into the works.

The problem is that some new Christians might actually believe some of the false doctrine that is being posted. That is not good :blink:

• Praise God! 1