Equippers

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  1,214
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  0

i think most Christians who are paying attentions to current affairs knows open persecution is coming to the West sooner than expected.

i am kind of surprised to see so many Christians still carry on as nothing is going to happen.

i mean it is bad enough to go through persecution yourself, does one really want to watch their children or grandchildren go through it?

anyway, i am not trying to say there is anything wrong with having kids, but right now seems to be worst possible timing.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,569
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

I think many were saying that to each other just a little while ago, back in 72, 0072. :mellow:

More seriously,

This is a wonderful time to bring up a child in the ways of God. I am always excited to see so many families adopting  in addition to having  natural born children in the church family. It is exciting what God is doing!

Yesterday I stood in the back of the sanctuary and noted the families, the youth especially, and the vibrancy of their attentive nature. It's rather grand the number that are being raised up prepared.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  650
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

I don't know if it's a good time to have children, but with overpopulation and babies suffering everywhere, it's surely a great time to adopt some, as @Neighbor said!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

3 hours ago, Equippers said:

now is the worst time to have kids?

"For indeed the days are coming in which they will say,
‘Blessed are the barren, wombs that never bore, and breasts which never nursed!’" - Luke 23:29

2 hours ago, Yowm said:

Or during '62 with the Cuban missile crises when many were building bomb shelters in their backyards. :blow-up:

Yep if it isn't the Romans it's the Russians.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  207
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

4 hours ago, Equippers said:

i mean it is bad enough to go through persecution yourself, does one really want to watch their children or grandchildren go through it?

Isn't that pretty much God's relationship with us though? We're his children, and he see's that it's good when we lay down our lives for him, just as he did for us. Imagine having a child with that kind of strength and integrity, then imagine having God witness it. All the angels in heaven will smile upon such a person.    

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.77
  • Days Won:  21

I was talking to a friend about something similar the other day. That we feel as though the end is very near (and it is) however, Paul was saying the same thing in his day. It appears to be a bad time to bring forth children in the natural eye but spiritually I believe we should continue on about our normal ways. I am also pro - adoption and one day hope to adopt myself. I've wanted to for sometime now. 

Edited by TheAimes
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

I wrote this for someone a while back......

In 1962, Bill and Gloria Gaither were married. In the first decade of the young couple’s life they had two daughters and they saw more political and social upheaval and despair than most remember. [It took some time, but I’ve done a little remembering and a little digging.]

This was their world.

• Assassinations and their aftermaths – JFK, RFK, MLK
  • The Bay of Pigs Invasion and The Cuban Missile Crisis which reinforced the “duck and cover” nuclear bomb drills in public schools with some schools even having a bomb shelter for students.
  • A war in Vietnam that caused much disillusionment at home to the point where anti-war sentiments led to terrible riotings, ripping apart families, generations, political parties, and the nation and led to 40,000 young men per month leaving for Vietnam and the horrible treatment of veterans returning home – those that did come home. Nightly news was depressing and full of hopelessness.
  • The “counter culture” movement which included amongst other intense rebellions the “God is Dead” movement. A theme in our universities arose to openly teach that belief.
  • Drug use and abuse becoming more open and recreational and not only the accepted norm, but the expected norm.
  • A new culture of overtly practiced sexual freedoms that tore away the foundations of tradition families and relationships with rebellion against marriage, monogamy, and even parenthood.
  • Extreme tension and anxiety caused by racial and police protests with over 150 in 1967 alone.
  • The very necessary, but very painfully executed integration of public schools. [I remember that vividly.]
  • The unfortunate Kent State tragedy of 1970.
  •  ….and so much more.

I used to tell my students that those who didn’t live in the 1960’s sometimes think it was all Gilligan’s Island and Andy Griffith, but it wasn’t.

For many it was a time of living in a mental, spiritual, and even physical kaleidoscope of fearful events.

That’s apparently where the Gaithers were in 1970 with two daughters and a baby son on the way. Bill had been very, very sick and Gloria, by her own admission, was having struggles with anxiety.

She said in one place I read that one night God just gave her peace about everything and drew her attention to the second part of John 14:19 – “BECAUSE I LIVE, you will live, too.”

Coupled with that verse and the birth of their son the following summer, hence came the song “Because He Lives”.

Verse 1 - about Christ's sacrifice and resurrection
Verse 2 - the abundant life here because of it
Verse 3 - heaven

Every generation goes through moral, spiritual, intellectual, and emotional upheaval to some degree. Socrates questioned the changes in his generation. Profound changes took place in the children of Adam and Eve. Nothing is new under the sun. It’s just that evil things crawl further and further into the light of day and become more the norm.

Every generation worries about its children and grandchildren.

But we, like Bill and Gloria Gaither, can say that “life is worth the living, just because He lives.”

In Christ, the tragedies and fears don’t go away ….. but the rest, peace, and contentment rise to the surface like refined gold and silver.

Life IS worth the living. Life is WORTH the living. Life is worth the LIVING.

Because Jesus Christ lives.

Edited by Jayne

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

4 hours ago, Equippers said:

i think most Christians who are paying attentions to current affairs knows open persecution is coming to the West sooner than expected.

i am kind of surprised to see so many Christians still carry on as nothing is going to happen.

anyway, i am not trying to say there is anything wrong with having kids, but right now seems to be worst possible timing.

It is true persecution is increasing in the west. More than what people probably realize. However, it is true speculation to say it would so worse that it is better off not to have children. Bible does not even give a clue of not having kids when going gets difficult.

When Hebrews were slaves in Egypt, they were having kids and growing like anything. Their population was going out of control! It was a blessing from Lord Himself.

Psalm 127:3 - Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward.

If children are heritage from Lord, why people should refrain from having them?