• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  449
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/16/1964

4 minutes ago, BeyondET said:

You think, then what's your opinion on John 1:14, that flesh was the same flesh even at 3 days in womb.

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth

The verse is a reference to Jesus. What was your question exactly?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,858
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

13 minutes ago, Hidden In Him said:

The verse is a reference to Jesus. What was your question exactly?

Let me get this straight, so you think full of grace is only a reference to Mary not about Jesus?

LoL. Yes, I think He did. But the expression isn't used in reference to Jesus. It's used in reference to Mary, is it not?

Clearly John 1:14  is a expression that refers to Jesus as Full Of Grace does it not?

• Group:  Advanced Member

Just now, BeyondET said:

Let me get this striaght, so you think full of grace is only a reference to Mary not about Jesus?

No, I think you're confusing things. I'm saying the expression "full of grace" is clearly not used in reference to Mary, at least not in the Greek New Testament anyway. I was saying the exacting translation of Luke 1:28 would be "endowed with grace," which is a different thing, and does not carry nearly the same weight of meaning.

1 minute ago, Hidden In Him said:

No, I think you're confusing things. I'm saying the expression "full of grace" is clearly not used in reference to Mary, at least not in the Greek New Testament anyway. I was saying the exacting translation of Luke 1:28 would be "endowed with grace," which is a different thing, and does not carry nearly the same weight of meaning.

Sounds like your back tracking, read what you said 5 post ago, you clearly said its a reference to Mary.

its ok man the hardest thing for any of us to say, hmm your right I know been there done that.

You mean this?

42 minutes ago, Hidden In Him said:

And I would add that the phrase "full of grace" in reference to Mary is a bit unscriptural. Was she endowed with an amazing form of grace in being chosen to bear the Christ-child? Yes, but the expression "full of grace" more technically refers to someone upon whom the Holy Spirit has descended in great power and fullness, and that is something entirely different.

Edited by Hidden In Him

Of the top 25 or so bible translation there is only about three that adds that into the verse. Luke 1:28

New International Version
The angel went to her and said, "Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you."

New Living Translation
Gabriel appeared to her and said, "Greetings, favored woman! The Lord is with you!"

English Standard Version
And he came to her and said, “Greetings, O favored one, the Lord is with you!”

Berean Study Bible
The angel appeared to her and said, "Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you."

Berean Literal Bible
And having come to her, he said, "Greetings, you favored with grace! The Lord is with you."

New American Standard Bible 
And coming in, he said to her, "Greetings, favored one! The Lord is with you."

King James Bible
And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that arthighly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

Christian Standard Bible
And the angel came to her and said, "Greetings, favored woman! The Lord is with you."

Contemporary English Version
The angel greeted Mary and said, "You are truly blessed! The Lord is with you." 

Good News Translation
The angel came to her and said, "Peace be with you! The Lord is with you and has greatly blessed you!" 

Holman Christian Standard Bible
And the angel came to her and said, "Rejoice, favored woman! The Lord is with you."

International Standard Version
The angel came to her and said, "Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you!"

NET Bible
The angel came to her and said, "Greetings, favored one, the Lord is with you!"

New Heart English Bible
Having come in, the angel said to her, "Rejoice, you highly favored one. The Lord is with you."

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
The Angel entered her presence, and he said to her, “Peace to you, full of grace, our Lord is with you; you are blessed among women.”

GOD'S WORD® Translation
When the angel entered her home, he greeted her and said, "You are favored by the Lord! The Lord is with you."

New American Standard 1977 
And coming in, he said to her, “Hail, favored one! The Lord is with you.”

Jubilee Bible 2000
And the angel came in unto her and said, Hail, thou that art much graced, the Lord is with thee; blessed art thou among women.

King James 2000 Bible
And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, you that are highly favored, the Lord is with you: blessed are you among women.

American King James Version
And the angel came in to her, and said, Hail, you that are highly favored, the Lord is with you: blessed are you among women.

American Standard Version
And he came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favored, the Lord is with thee.

Douay-Rheims Bible
And the angel being come in, said unto her: Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women. 

Darby Bible Translation
And the angel came in to her, and said, Hail, [thou] favoured one! the Lord [is] with thee: [blessed art thou amongst women].

English Revised Version
And he came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee.

Webster's Bible Translation
And the angel came to her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favored, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

Weymouth New Testament
So Gabriel went into the house and said to her, "Joy be to you, favoured one! the Lord is with you."

World English Bible
Having come in, the angel said to her, "Rejoice, you highly favored one! The Lord is with you. Blessed are you among women!"

Young's Literal Translation
And the messenger having come in unto her, said, 'Hail, favoured one, the Lord is with thee; blessed art thou among women;'

34 minutes ago, Hidden In Him said:

LoL. Yes, I think He did. But the expression isn't used in reference to Jesus. It's used in reference to Mary, is it not?

No here when you laughed.

4 minutes ago, BeyondET said:

No here when you laughed.

I was referring to the expression in Luke 1:28, which mentions how Mary was endowed with grace.

12 minutes ago, BeyondET said:

its ok man the hardest thing for any of us to say, hmm your right I know been there done that.

Frankly, my head is starting to spin at this point, so how about if we call it a draw, LoL. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Hidden In Him said:

I was referring to the expression in Luke 1:28, which mentions how Mary was endowed with grace.

Frankly, my head is starting to spin at this point, so how about if we call it a draw, LoL. :)

lol ok my friend lets just leave it be, but on what you mentioned in Luke 1:28 is only found in 3 or 4 bible translations. I posted the 25 or so bible translations and we can see which ones  have added that, and quite frankly they should have left it alone.

Your a good sport about it, and I admire that indeed.

• Thumbs Up 1