• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, Sanctum said:

Fornication is a serious sin, but adultery is on a different level because it's a breach of a sacred trust. If you had been married to someone before your current marriage, even if it was before you were a Christian, yes, according to my understanding of the Bible, your current marriage would have been adulterous.

If you have a biblical divorce which is infidelity or fornication or a believer leaving a Christian has the biblical right to remarry. All other reasons for divorce yes, it is adultery to remarry.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

4 hours ago, enoob57 said:

Yes I would know what to do

Matthew 10:37 (KJV 1900)

37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

A timely reminder indeed, Steven.

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

On 1/15/2018 at 2:41 PM, creativemechanic said:

something I noticed 

20180113_151213.jpg

To begin with I think it's helpful to understand what attending a wedding means........it means you are witnessing and giving your blessing to the marriage.  As followers of Christ we can't give our blessing and congratulations to a union that Jesus calls adultery (or abomination).  Doesn't mean we are condemning the people involved, it just means we can't participate and appear to be giving our agreement to something that we know to be sin, for reasons of our conscience and faith.  We're not to be friends with the world, but to be separate from the world and sin.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 1/15/2018 at 4:55 PM, Yowm said:

No, because of my conscience, I would be affirming what man calls a marriage but God does not.  

I agree.........but just think brother, in the case of an adulterous marriage, to attend the wedding would be affirming adultery would it not?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  55
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Yowm said:

So, one is held guilty of adultery in your books even if he was subsequently saved but  remarries afterwards. Interesting, I guess we are still an old creation after coming to Christ and receiving the 'new' birth?  Gee, only 559+ commandments to go.

We are a new creature, but sadly, we will continue to reap the consequences of  some choices we made before. Not that the sin is not forgiven - it is, but vows made cannot be unmade. 

• Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, Sanctum said:

We are a new creature, but sadly, we will continue to reap the consequences of  some choices we made before. Not that the sin is not forgiven - it is, but vows made cannot be unmade. 

Amen....and sometimes those consequences are the cross the believer gets to carry for the Lord Jesus.......our faith gets tested and tried.  I'm amazed at how many Christians think there is no need to count any cost in following Christ. 

Yes......vows......that is the important difference between marriage and fornication is that marriage is a covenant, in which God joins together, while fornication is not.  To remarry (without due cause) is breaking covenant, whereas to marry after only fornication has taken place previously is not breaking a covenant.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I suppose if they got married, it would no longer be an adulterous relationship.  To discourage marriage would it not be affirming fornication?

No........the re-marriage would still be adulterous if the other spouse was living and there was no adultery at that end.  And no to the second question......we should discourage both a re-marriage as well as discourage fornication/adultery.  Don't know if you know the story of Todd Bentley.......he had an adulterous affair while ministering at Lakeland and then when he got caught, he hurried up and divorced his innocent first wife and married his mistress........thus sealing his adultery.........it made a mockery of his so-called repentance.  Have a hunch you would not have gone to his second wedding if you had been invited........at lead I hope I'm right on that Yowm.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

5 hours ago, Yowm said:

So, one is held guilty of adultery in your books even if he was subsequently saved but  remarries afterwards. Interesting, I guess we are still an old creation after coming to Christ and receiving the 'new' birth?  Gee, only 559+ commandments to go.

TRUE story , I know a man that he and his wife got divorced before he ever came to JESUS.

the same man knew after coming to CHRIST he could not be remarried   .     That man has been far happier KEEPING JESUS sayings

.   IT ME YOWM  .   been single for many years.      and the JOY of following the LORD and keeping HIS sayings ,     God would have done for anyone .

But he who loves his life in this world and wont give up lusts and lies ..    Same adulterous cousin that is getting married for the fourth time

once told another man  I cant be like that frienduff, GOD knows I GOT NEEDS I am a man , I can be alone .

POOR DUDE, is condemned of himself.  condemned .    PLUS it aint got squat to do with the flesh.   My flesh aint the one giving me the pure joy of just following CHRIST

, ITS THE SPIRIT .    the man is condemned if he does this .    Hope some will pray he don't , instead of thinking AWWW GOD IS GRACE its okay.  like most do today.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

Right, I wouldn't go to anything of Bentley's.

Let me ask you what I asked Sanctum. If you lived a life of adultery (got divorced) and fornication before being born again, then you received Christ, repented and became born again, does that prevent you from getting married in the future, because it would be adultery?

Matthew 5:32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

I don't see much room for loopholes in this verse. 

If I had previously been married before becoming a Christian, then no, I would not feel free to marry again.

• Praise God! 2

Just now, Yowm said:

That all seems to  be aimed at the woman. What if the divorced man marries a woman who had never been married? 

So women can commit adultery but men can't?